TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
I can totally understand your guys frustration, Weazz was right, this Association is not going anywhere, they have basically built a fence , around the American USair guys assuring the votes are not there for a successful card drive, locking you guys into a perpetual motion union dues machine.

It’s not about fences or any kind of shenanigans that anyone might want to drum up. It’s about comfort and apathy.

And it’s about the History behind all the other attempts. And many of those attempts were done at times where they had a MUCH greater chance at success than they do today with all of us on the upswing.

Of course those who still want it need to plant and sow those seeds of discontent though. But they don’t have any water to grow those seeds.

That Earth is bone dry.

It’s not about fences or any kind of shenanigans that anyone might want to drum up. It’s about comfort and apathy.

And it’s about the History behind all the other attempts. And many of those attempts were done at times where they had a MUCH greater chance at success than they do today with all of us on the upswing.

Of course those who still want it need to plant and sow those seeds of discontent though. But they don’t have any water to grow those seeds.

That Earth is bone dry.
Weazz you remember when I told you all unions are a business, when you separate the groups form an Association, and one group has better work rules, alias USair, they will not participate in a card drive, and risk losing their comfortable situation, so that group is safe. On the American side lot of older guys thinking about retirement, don't rock the boat, not enough votes on that side, so that group is safe too.

Weazz you remember when I told you all unions are a business, when you separate the groups form an Association, and one group has better work rules, alias USair, they will not participate in a card drive, and risk losing their comfortable situation, so that group is safe. On the American side lot of older guys thinking about retirement, don't rock the boat, not enough votes on that side, so that group is safe too.

driver before the wage increases they gave it a shot on the LUS side. IBT got decent numbers but it didn’t happen. And AMFA which is that militant Mechanic only Union only got 8 votes.

How many F’n times does that have to repeated? Some of the posters here have some serious mental problems even talking about the dopeyness.

Hey but Bobs back to try. Bless his heart.

driver before the wage increases they gave it a shot on the LUS side. IBT got decent numbers but it didn’t happen. And AMFA which is that militant Mechanic only Union only got 8 votes.

How many F’n times does that have to repeated? Some of the posters here have some serious mental problems even talking about the dopeyness.

Hey but Bobs back to try. Bless his heart.
Just agreeing why it probably won't happen, heck we could take 7 years at SWA to get a contract, and AMFA would still be here, even though a few people think they should be replaced.Representation replacement usually doesn't happen unless people have torches and pitchforks.

Just agreeing why it probably won't happen, heck we could take 7 years at SWA to get a contract, and AMFA would still be here, even though a few people think they should be replaced.Representation replacement usually doesn't happen unless people have torches and pitchforks.

Really more than ANY other time at AA that it could have happened and it didn’t was after the concessions of 2003. It was a horrible time and everyone was angry at both the Company and the TWU. Even I wasn’t a fan of them at that time.

It was also before the catastrophe of NWA and AMFA was all over the map.

Seriously driver if it didn’t happen then when maybe it should have, it’s insane to think it would happen now when those old angry birds from years past are making the bank they’re making now.

Now I DO see them starting to get pissed off at the Company again. Ouch!

24-48 Months or longer

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Did anyone actually read the TWU agreement on the duration of agreement? Every September 12th the contract automatically renews itself. It's in black and white. Another 4 to 5 years of negotiations is not that crazy.

Did anyone actually read the TWU agreement on the duration of agreement? Every September 12th the contract automatically renews itself. It's in black and white. Another 4 to 5 years of negotiations is not that crazy.
Well I could believe that. I never thought in 2012 we would go 6 years,- and looks like this one crashed off the launch pad. So we will probably go 7 years.

Negotiations will continue as usual with the possibility of Mediation and Section 6 being added to the talks. Generally mediation will take another 2 to 5 years if you follow the average from past negotiations at other carriers.

I thought it would be settled by Oct of 2016.

I WAY missed that mark.
Me too I had no idea the company would want so many concessions.I thought they would want to get it done to make the merger go smooth and look good on Wall Street,then get us next contract. Now 2 to 4 years is likely.Heck its not even out of the realm of possibility for it to go 7 no chit

Me too I had no idea the company would want so many concessions.I thought they would want to get it done to make the merger go smooth and look good on Wall Street,then get us next contract. Now 2 to 4 years is likely.Heck its not even out of the realm of possibility for it to go 7 no chit

there will be no section 6. there will just be protracted nothings. twu no longer exists.

Back