Vote Count?

Ted has been the, very visible, face of AMFA in MSP and apparently feels he's being blacklisted for it. I don't know about you, but that's not the America I went in the Corps to defend. Just a thought.

Anyone not hiring Ted is missing out on a heck of a mechanic, not just a parts changer. I know he'd be welcome here at UPS.
Funny, until recently the industry average was around $25 per hour. Care to guess why it went down?
Point in your favor...Ted is indeed VERY visible, for better or worse. I do not know him personally, and will acknowledge the fact that he may indeed be a fine individual. It would be dishonorable for me to disparage him as in individual having only seen him as a public figure. No disrespect intended.
As to the average income being 23 an hour , I was including FBO's, 145's, and GA. I apologise for any misconception. AS an aside, right now the best paying gig in town is L3 vertec. Depending on where you are stationed, they pay 130 to 160 grand.

Yes, my house(which is paid for) is armed to the teeth. Rifles,shotguns,pistols,knives,ammo,etc. I also have a store of emergency food,water,supplies,and medicine ready to go. Your U.S. Treasury check is backed by bonds that are owned mostly by the People's Republic of China. So, when the Reds bankrupt the Feds by calling in their bond money. Don't come by my place looking for something to eat, when the U.S. economy implodes.
Miss kitty..despite our disagreememt on the value of MODERN organised labor, I do commend you on being self-sufficient. While I perhaps may not be as pessimistic as you, I also am fully capable of defending and providing for myself and my own should the world turn crazy.
I also share your concern about the influence China has on our economy. I predicted back in the early eighties the fall of the USSR and the rise of china to superpower status, and most everyone thought I was nuts. I am a thousand percent behind you on the dangers posed by China.

any one who sales his "AMERICAN" amt brothers out for a meager bone is no friend of mine and your trip back to IRAQ cant come fast enough for this hard working proud american. you are a disgrace to the MARINES you sell out peice of crap, YOU would probably abandon your post for T-BONE......your dog #### in a corpsmen's eyes!
Mr local 12. First off, You are not my brother, and you are not my friend. I have tried to remain civil in these posts, while you have resorted to rage induced hatred. It is regrettable that you are either unwilling, or unable to maintain professionalism in this public forum. as to abandoning my post, let me ask you this...who abandoned thier posts on August 20, making in neccessary for me to pick up the slack to complete the mission?
In regards to being canine feces....dude, I've been called much worse by much better...you aint even close.

As to the average income being 23 an hour , I was including FBO's, 145's, and GA. I apologise for any misconception.

There was no misconception, at least on my part. An average is an average and includes the entire spectrum. However, as long as there are those who are willing to show the boss they are willing to work for less, there will always be bosses that offer less, driving down the average.

In other words, get used to being "willing to unload" your tool box for less, all thanks to the NWA scabs.

Mr local 12. First off, You are not my brother, and you are not my friend. I have tried to remain civil in these posts, while you have resorted to rage induced hatred. It is regrettable that you are either unwilling, or unable to maintain professionalism in this public forum. as to abandoning my post, let me ask you this...who abandoned thier posts on August 20, making in neccessary for me to pick up the slack to complete the mission?
In regards to being canine feces....dude, I've been called much worse by much better...you aint even close.
My brother would never steal my job, My friend would never cross a picket line, so yes you are correct...YOU ARE NEITHER! Did you have a gun to your head on August 20th? was it really neccessary to become a SCAB? contract maintenance does not require one to cross picket lines. You are assisting in the devaluing of a trade by your actions and when you mess with my livlihood you bet your A$$ I get enraged!

In regards to you being called worse than canine feces, perhaps some introspection is due on your part.

If the shoe fits, wear It!

In other words, get used to being "willing to unload" your tool box for less, all thanks to the NWA scabs.

I don't think you should be pointing the finger at the NWA Scabs for the pay through out the industry. I think the unions are as much to blame. The unions have done nothing to raise wages in a stable manner and make provisions to ensure that they stay there. They have simply inflated the pay rate and reduced work performance. They have created unstable contracts that they cannot protect. It was just a matter of time before the structure failed. What you are seeing at NWA is a direct result of the incompetence of unions.

I don't think you should be pointing the finger at the NWA Scabs for the pay through out the industry. I think the unions are as much to blame. The unions have done nothing to raise wages in a stable manner and make provisions to ensure that they stay there. They have simply inflated the pay rate and reduced work performance. They have created unstable contracts that they cannot protect. It was just a matter of time before the structure failed. What you are seeing at NWA is a direct result of the incompetence of unions.

Perhaps when you have been through a few of the economic down cycles that everyone else knows are part of the airline industry, we can discuss that aspect of the business. Your misconceptions about unions are well known and there is no reason for us all to sit through them again.

The fact remains that the DOL average pay for our profession in July, 2005 was above $25 per hour, and in October the average was below $23. No unions gave any concessions during that time; in fact, AMFA successfully negotiated substantial raises at ASA and XJ during that period. The only thing that changed was a bunch of people showed NWA they were willing to work for less. As a former 20 year NWA employee, I can tell you that this is a lesson NWA management will not forget.

Your misconceptions about unions are well known and there is no reason for us all to sit through them again.

The current state of unionism is plenty proof enough to justify my "misconceptions".

in fact, AMFA successfully negotiated substantial raises at ASA and XJ during that period.

I'll be willing to bet that it’s a contract that isn't worth a damn in bankruptcy. Are they justified pay raises or just give it up or else pay raises that the company will either on day regret and retaliate against? Where can we see this negotiated contract?

My brother would never steal my job, My friend would never cross a picket line, so yes you are correct...YOU ARE NEITHER! Did you have a gun to your head on August 20th? was it really neccessary to become a SCAB? contract maintenance does not require one to cross picket lines. You are assisting in the devaluing of a trade by your actions and when you mess with my livlihood you bet your A$$ I get enraged!

In regards to you being called worse than canine feces, perhaps some introspection is due on your part.

You asked Czar if he had a gun to his head on Aug 20th, well same question goes to you. Did amfa put a gun to your head and tell you that you HAD to strike, that you HAD to ignore all economic indicators and ABANDON your job? No, no one put a gun to anyones head, we chose to fill jobs which were abandoned by the people who previously held them, the same people, in their total and complete arrogance sought to shut down their employer and deprive all employees of gainful employment, WE DIDNT STEAL ANY JOBS THEY WERE GIVEN TO US AS YOUR GUYS WALKED OUT THE GATES IN ARROGANCE AND IGNORANCE.

The current state of unionism is plenty proof enough to justify my "misconceptions".

"Unions are in the decline and are no longer relevant to the American worker" - Calvin Coolidge, 1923.

You're not the first to pronounce unions dead and you won't be the last. Bad management creates unions.

I'll be willing to bet that it’s a contract that isn't worth a damn in bankruptcy.

No contract of any type is, including your own. That's part of the point of bankruptcy.

Are they justified pay raises or just give it up or else pay raises that the company will either on day regret and retaliate against?

If they weren't justified, would the company have signed them? If they did sign them, do they really have the right to complain later about it? Both companies were making a profit before they signed the contracts and after they signed the contracts.

Where can we see this negotiated contract?

It's contracts, plural, and you might try the AMFA National web site.

You cant steal that which was given away. A true brother and friend would never turn thier backs on one another simply over a LABOR CONTRACT! Some of the former AMFA guys in here have spoken of life long friends..guys who were thier kids Godparents, who now refuse to have anything to do with them. Now I freely admit I am unfamiliar with many of the customs and beliefs of unionism, but isnt a life long friendship worth more than that? I have a hard time comprehending the total obssession over some imaginary line with a few guys waving signs..But then again, I never could figure out what the Muslims had against a good hot BLT sandwich either. (no offense, Mut....)

Now I freely admit I am unfamiliar with many of the customs and beliefs of unionism, but isnt a life long friendship worth more than that? I have a hard time comprehending the total obssession over some imaginary line with a few guys waving signs..But then again, I never could figure out what the Muslims had against a good hot BLT sandwich either. (no offense, Mut....)

:lol:I don't think they understand it themselves. It is very strange and somewhat unnerving to read the unionist posts here and then speak to a union person or sit at a union rally. It as if they have their own bible that is engrained into their minds from birth. These are people that are scatted across the nation that speak the very same language that most have never even met or spoke to each other.

Isn't a life-long friendship worth more than a job?

From the actions of the AMFA Boys I don't guess it is.

This makes me think of the guy that crossed over and hated himself for it, he was eventually terminated. How is he now looked upon by his AMFA brothers that did not cross? He didn't quit to return to the picket line but was terminated because he hated himself for quitting the picket line. This man is caught up in a very gray area, I was just wondering how his union brothers would receive him.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...2/1018/BUSINESS

The filings indicate that talks have made little progress.

A sticking point for all three unions -- and one reason they say the judge shouldn't void Northwest's contracts -- is the airline's plan to create two new subsidiaries. One new company, dubbed Newco, would be a feeder carrier flying 76- to 100-seat jets. The other, dubbed Ground Co., would employ gate and ticket agents and ground workers at Northwest's large and midsize destinations, outside its hubs. At smaller destinations, Northwest wants to outsource that work to Ground Co. or another company.

Newco = bye bye pilots
Groundco = bye bye ramp

Next is F/Aco, resco...ect

I saw this and couldnt believe it? Hell all NWA employees should have known if one unit falls the company will go for more.. Big time respect for you AMT's ... Union busting mustt fail like it allways has..

From the actions of the AMFA Boys I don't guess it is.

This makes me think of the guy that crossed over and hated himself for it, he was eventually terminated. How is he now looked upon by his AMFA brothers that did not cross? He didn't quit to return to the picket line but was terminated because he hated himself for quitting the picket line. This man is caught up in a very gray area, I was just wondering how his union brothers would receive him.
'Cods, you worry about keeping your Scab Air junk from crashing, leave the internal workings of unions to others which understand it.

Your nonsensical talking points are beyond tiresome. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back