Vote Count?

It would make a big difference. You guys ask, "Why would they want to vote away their jobs?" The cleaners and custodians were going to lose their jobs regardless of the outcome of the strike vote. IT MADE NO DIFFERACE WHAT SO EVER. The question should be, Why would they vote away their severance pay and benefits?

The only jobs that were left is the AMT jobs, the cleaners and custodians have nothing to vote for. Either way they get nothing. Some of the AMT's however still could return to work. This strike has never been about the cleaners and custodians it has always been about the AMT's. None of you have ever said; NWA would be in much better shape if they would just bring the custodians and cleaners back. The last number I heard was that four-hundred-seventy AMFA boys have crossed and there are another four hundred wanting to cross. I think it would be interesting to see a vote held with just the AMT's and all of the AMT's.
Oh do please enlighten me my beloved wise Princess; If they are not members why is AMFA so hell bent on punishing them? Why are they signed on under an AMFA contract? Why are they still carrying cards?

Did you know that if I were to file a grievance against the company AMFA would have to represent me? :lol:

I thought that was just hilarious when I herd that.

WOW! Between You and I, One of us is V-E-R-Y screwed up. Lets find out which one...

To the NWA AMTs who frequent this board, questions....

1)NWA opposed AMTs Unemployment bennies some got it in some states, some didn't. question: I remember reading that although NWA was fighting AMTs UE benefits, a judge early on had granted UE benefits for all AMFA Utility at NWA. Is this true?

2)If somehow, AMFA negotiates "ANY KIND" of settlement thats ratified by the NWA membership, if it contained severance increases, I was under the impression AMFA Utility would also be entitled. Is this true?

PTO, if both of these questions are answered with a "YES" you have your answer.

Utility already is receiving UE benefits, so voting "NO" has no adverse affect on them. They(Utility) would most likly still vote no at this time as they would still be receiving UE benefits and could wait out another 2 months and see what comes back. And yes, you can rest assured "something" will come back better than the last, maybe not by much, but better none the less. NWA will not exit chap 11 with the stigma of this strike in place.

JMHO

Your points are well taken Hackman, You work for a union that you disapprove of and are employed by a company that you dislike. You have been there for twenty years, you claim improvement Princess claims otherwise. You are in no better shape than I.
I don't work for a union 'tard, I also never stated I don't like my company, I dislike the way its managed.

I am much better off than you 'Cods. I'm not a vile scab at a sinking bankrupt carrier miles away from my family in some scab hotel. I also make more money than you. ;)

To the NWA AMTs who frequent this board, questions....

1)NWA opposed AMTs Unemployment bennies some got it in some states, some didn't. question: I remember reading that although NWA was fighting AMTs UE benefits, a judge early on had granted UE benefits for all AMFA Utility at NWA. Is this true?

It is true in most states in which cleaners and custodians were employed. NWA's stated intent at the negotiating table to eliminate their positions and their subsequent complete elimination of those jobs made them eligible.

2)If somehow, AMFA negotiates "ANY KIND" of settlement thats ratified by the NWA membership, if it contained severance increases, I was under the impression AMFA Utility would also be entitled. Is this true?

In accordance with the Railway Labor Act, AMFA still represents those members and any settlement would apply to them unless specifically excluded by such language.

WOW! Between You and I, One of us is V-E-R-Y screwed up. Lets find out which one...

Unemployment would be just a bonus added to what NWA was offering. This strike wasn't about unemployment benefits but AMFA's lame attempt to save jobs that were going out the door strike or no strike. All AMFA did was give NWA a lot more than they were asking for. They gave NWA so much more you have to wonder if AMFA was on the take.

Unemployment would be just a bonus added to what NWA was offering. This strike wasn't about unemployment benefits but AMFA's lame attempt to save jobs that were going out the door strike or no strike. All AMFA did was give NWA a lot more than they were asking for. They gave NWA so much more you have to wonder if AMFA was on the take.

Okay, lets approach it from the other end.

What reason do you see for Utility at NWA to vote "yes" for this latest package?

Utility is screwed. This last offer is a joke just like this strike. No offer will be as good as the first offer, which makes this strike a total waste of time.

Now the AMFA mechanics have lost 175+ percent more than they would have by striking under AMFA's ridicules attempt to save the utility jobs in a no win situation.

Utility is screwed. This last offer is a joke just like this strike. No offer will be as good as the first offer, which makes this strike a total waste of time.

Now the AMFA mechanics have lost 175+ percent more than they would have by striking under AMFA's ridicules attempt to save the utility jobs in a no win situation.

By your own words its clear you have no understanding of the obligations that AMFA and ALL UNIONS are bound by.

Before you make yourself look any more foolish research this term as it applies to unions:

DUTY OF FAIR REPRESENTATION

DUTY OF FAIR REPRESENTATION

If this strike is the type of representation one can expect from a union, the country is much better off with out them. I am sure the AMFA AMT's very much appreciate the representation they have received.

NWA has brought forth many proposals that have been shot down. When will AMFA present a proposal that will bring this strike to an end?

If this strike is the type of representation one can expect from a union, the country is much better off with out them. I am sure the AMFA AMT's very much appreciate the representation they have received.

NWA has brought forth many proposals that have been shot down. When will AMFA present a proposal that will bring this strike to an end?
and all of the proposals that NWA brought to the union had to be turned down because unlike the IAM at USAIRWAYS, the AMFA folks knew that each contract proposal was going to be worse than before. Now the only thing that is worse than the deals is, is the fact that they got scabs like you fixing the airplanes

This country is better off without lonely scabs like you. we need unions to protect our jobs and interests from crooked a$$ mgmt like the one you are working under

the AMFA folks knew that each contract proposal was going to be worse than before.

robbed, this post is a joke. Everytime NWA announced that it wanted to return to the table you guys got all pumped up about how great the strike was going and how bad amfa wanted its "UNION MECHANICS" back. You guys have either a poor memory are really bad at twisting the facts.

In other words you didn't bother to look it up.

You don't know what you're talking about, its that simple.

AMFA had a duty to protect the cleaners and custodians. I fully understand that. The problem here is, with their failure to take care of the custodians and cleaners they drug the AMT's down with them.
You are talking out of your hind end again. Simple math: 4,400 total before strike ( mechanics, cleaners, and custodians), 800 cleaners and custodians, NWA wanted to get rid of about half, half of 4,400 is 2,200. So doing the math, 800 (all) cleaners and custodians would be gone WITH 1400 mechanics (2200-800=1400). Your line of BS that AMFA struck ONLY for the cleaners and custodians is just that, BS. Look at AMFA at UAL, in their last contract they eliminated cleaners, custodians, and computer tech jobs; only the mechanics remain.

robbed, this post is a joke. Everytime NWA announced that it wanted to return to the table you guys got all pumped up about how great the strike was going and how bad amfa wanted its "UNION MECHANICS" back. You guys have either a poor memory are really bad at twisting the facts.
PTO YOU are the BIGGEST JOKE on this face of this planet.
you are so ignorant it is unbelievable. I sure hate to be a mechanic side by side with you

AMFA had a duty to protect the cleaners and custodians. I fully understand that. The problem here is, with their failure to take care of the custodians and cleaners they drug the AMT's down with them.
Jeez your a brick 'Cods. Your idiotic statements continue to show extreme weakness in your game. If I were a manager at Scab Air, I sure would be smiling inside when you walked through the door as a "at will" scab.

For your sake 'Cods, do some research on unionism, the RLA, the NMB, and other applicable subjects on which your idiocy is a never ending source of our amusement. :rolleyes:

Latest posts