Whats Next?

PlayTheOdds

Veteran
Sep 1, 2005
Contract and the South
Visit site
The 13th is very close. AMFA is going to have to make some very quick decisions. Or is AMFA even in a position to make any decisions? Are it's strikers going to cross the picket line and go back to work or are they going to go find jobs else where? Are you guys, the none strikers that are members that still have jobs going to continue to pay your dues into a black hole? What is the bargaining power of AMFA now? How can a union operate that just lost every single job at a major airline? Can you guys choose not to be union anymore without paying union dues?

WCCO.Com has an interesting video. States NW gave them the offer in writing. 1080 mechanics based in Detroit, Minneapolis and Duluth.....rest of everyone else gone.

Hmmmm, don't think AMFA would accept it on behalf of their members, don't think the members would vote to accept. The top 1080 in seniority would never vote to accept the proposal and abandon their brothers low on the list than them.....AMFA will try to counter, nwa will demand even more, the 13th will come and go without an agreement, game over.

PlayTheOdds said:
The 13th is very close. AMFA is going to have to make some very quick decisions. Or is AMFA even in a position to make any decisions? Are it's strikers going to cross the picket line and go back to work or are they going to go find jobs else where? Are you guys, the none strikers that are members that still have jobs going to continue to pay your dues into a black hole? What is the bargaining power of AMFA now? How can a union operate that just lost every single job at a major airline? Can you guys choose not to be union anymore without paying union dues?
[post="298398"][/post]​

Hey, suck-ass: GO FISH!

As a cowardly management loser your suggestion that AMFA AMTs will SCAB is typical NWA management NOT KNOWING ANYTHING. You buffoons figured more than FOUR people would SCAB.

The bargaining power of AMFA resides right where it always did. With the membership!

Tell me again why NWA waits till the 13th of September before they permanently hire their "dream team"? While you are explaining your cowardly SCAB thinking tell us how the ETOPS is working out.

Hey SCABS: Engine oil goes into the oil system. And hydraulic fluid goes into the hydraulic system.

Found this little tidbit earlier.

The mechanics union has agreed and talks begin tomorrow in Minneapolis. But Northwest claims that it now will want more concessions than it was demanding before the strike began on August 20. It also claims that it is prepared to hire its replacement workers on a permanent basis beginning September 13. So the obvious question is begged: If Northwest thinks these replacement workers are so good, why not hire them immediately? It has every legal right to do so. And if the replacement workers are good, Northwest actually gets the best of both worlds. Why? Because if it hires the replacements, Northwest is legally required to rehire any striking mechanic who requests the job. But Northwest would only have to pay the rates it wants to pay and can impose the work rules it wants to use. So why wouldn't Northwest hire the replacements sooner? The obvious answer: They either aren't that good or they require so much management oversight that they aren't saving Northwest any money.

Looks like your only fooling yourself when you think your as good as AMFA techs were PTO.

Ken this strike is over, I don't think anyone at Northwest cares what AMFA does. This last offer was simply a legal requirement dictated by a contract. Northwest has fulfilled all requirements of AMFA's contract. There is no longer a contract between AMFA and Northwest. Northwest is now free to hire and fire as they please. The question is who will they hire. If a person applies for a job now Northwest will make an offer to the individual. It will now be up to the individual to negotiate that contract. There will be no union to negotiate it for him. This is how it should be.
Northwest’s interest now lies in rebuilding its work force not playing grab-ass with a dead union.

chas, you are so confused about the inner workings and contracts between unions and companies it is unreal. Northwest is dotting all the i's a crossing all the t's in its current contract with AMFA. So far their moves have been forced by the contract. After the 13th you will see a lot of interesting things begin to happen.

Ken MacTiernan said:
Hey, suck-ass: GO FISH!

As a cowardly management loser your suggestion that AMFA AMTs will SCAB is typical NWA management NOT KNOWING ANYTHING. You buffoons figured more than FOUR people would SCAB.
The bargaining power of AMFA resides right where it always did. With the membership!
Tell me again why NWA waits till the 13th of September before they permanently hire their "dream team"? While you are explaining your cowardly SCAB thinking tell us how the ETOPS is working out.
Hey SCABS: Engine oil goes into the oil system. And hydraulic fluid goes into the hydraulic system.
[post="298403"][/post]​

Is it still considered scabbing if an AMFA AMT returns to work now that this strike is effectively over?

AMFA has drawn its ultimate weapon and it has proven as effective as a fish dropping a terd in the ocean.

They wait for the 13th because of the existing contract with AMFA.

The ETOPS flight are doing fine.

Thank you for confirming the placement of fluids.

Question how many guys in here are really Northwest Mechanics, many of you I know your screen names so don't say you are if you are not.

I will start I do not work for Northwest I work for AA as an A&P Mechanic in the TWU pert near 20 years now, come on guys give it up who works for Northwest ?

PlayTheOdds said:
KTO did the same thing. Ken was the only Northwest guy in here and he wasn't an AMT.
[post="298729"][/post]​

So they actually fessed up hugh :shock: I am really surprised I didn't think they would. <_<

Ken is not a NWA employee -- he's AA as well. I think the only NWA employees who have been posting here are Kevin and Red Tail Bear. Everyone else is either AA, UA, DL, US, or HP.

PlayTheOdds said:
Where are all the Northwest guys at?
Red Tail Bear, are you an AMT?
[post="298904"][/post]​
Does it really matter if you work for NWA or another airline or if your a AMT or not. What NWA is doing to these AMT's after all their years of service is not right, regardless of which union they belong to and IMO that's how these other airline's guys/gals feel.

RedTailBear/IAM

Yep all us armchair quarterbacks collecting our paychecks and talking tough, it obviously is not that easy to do when you butt is on the line, thats why the Northwest guys are not in here their to worried about how they are going to put food on the table to hang out in a chat room, I think striking is part of the past, it's time to move on and think up some new tricks, but can you teach an old dog new tricks, maybe not, I have learned some new tricks but I think outside the box.
In a word ( stocks ) :up:

These employers are never going to pay us what we want to be paid, it's their company and they are going to run it the way they want, so we might as well think of another way to make money.

One could start their own small business then you would be your own boss and pay yourself whatever it is you think your worth, also you could charge your customers whatever you wanted, all the things we want our employers to do we could do with our own small business. Hmmmm B)

Are there no Northwest A&P in here at all Red tailed Bear isn't even one.