Why is the IAM not telling fleet what was offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I dont know what you guys have been reading about the upcomming mergers but everything I keep reading is USAirways is going to be on the outside looking in.
So for those of you who think the company needs a T/A for a new merger might want to rethink.
Read my lips We have no leverage. We lost the opertunity for any kind of gains back when we turned down the last T/A. We dont have a whole lot to give as an airline that anybody wants.
I try to read about this as much as I can from people who know and understand the industry.
So go ahead keep dreaming about sticking this out and staying together becasue all your going to get is more disapointment. Its been 2 1/2 years guys its time to move on.
I know I am

Merge or no merge....we will stand together (even if it is w/ the iam).
Is that the sound of the Fuzz pulling chocks?

this a quote off the M/R board. thanks 700

"Transition talks resumed in Phoenix, Arizona January 29, through January 31, 2008. The company
presented your committee with their proposal, which was prefaced with an explanation on the change of control decision, the declining economy, the rising cost of oil and the impact these have on US Airways. Your committee emphatically stated to the company that these same issues impact our members and their families as well. This does not change our position that wages and benefits must be improved and the company should treat their employees as the valuable assets they are and not as a liability."

Now same UNION .. different NEG COMMITTEE ......... Hey Randy why don't you call up our brothers and sisters with mtc
maybe they can teach you how to grow some . B*lls ......

this a quote off the M/R board. thanks 700

"Transition talks resumed in Phoenix, Arizona January 29, through January 31, 2008. The company
presented your committee with their proposal, which was prefaced with an explanation on the change of control decision, the declining economy, the rising cost of oil and the impact these have on US Airways. Your committee emphatically stated to the company that these same issues impact our members and their families as well. This does not change our position that wages and benefits must be improved and the company should treat their employees as the valuable assets they are and not as a liability."

Now same UNION .. different NEG COMMITTEE ......... Hey Randy why don't you call up our brothers and sisters with mtc
maybe they can teach you how to grow some . B*lls ......
O-person. That is an excellent responce. No name calling or posturing.
Just a precise statement of position. Very humble yet very strong.

Its too bad we can't also hang Maccarone and McClavic. These to boneheads screwed many people over and are now retired and living like kings. Where is the justice :down: :down:

I have read the whole thread, yes. AND MAN do you guys have some B@@ls!! :up: Passionate and to the point. Wish we had some of that on the Flight Attendants side. Keep up the good work! Let this company be overwhelmed with the real struggle on the frontlines. My salary is horrible to, and is way under the East. You aren't the only ones feeling the pain, believe ME!! <_<

O-person. That is an excellent responce. No name calling or posturing.
Just a precise statement of position. Very humble yet very strong.

You missed the balance of the memo.

IAM / U S AIRWAYS
TRANSITION NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE
Transition talks resumed in Phoenix, Arizona January 29, through January 31, 2008. The company
presented your committee with their proposal, which was prefaced with an explanation on the change
of control decision, the declining economy, the rising cost of oil and the impact these have on US
Airways. Your committee emphatically stated to the company that these same issues impact our
members and their families as well. This does not change our position that wages and benefits must be
improved and the company should treat their employees as the valuable assets they are and not as a
liability.

We presented a proposal to the company which adequately addresses the membership’s concerns. Our
proposal addresses job security, increases in wages, a defined benefit pension plan, hours of service,
improvements in holidays, overtime provisions and vacation. We also discussed a modified sick plan,
increases in license pay, shift differential and swaps.

Upon presentation to the company of our proposal, the company informed your committee that they
would need time to cost out and review our proposal. Accordingly, the parties have agreed to continue
these talks in Charlotte, North Carolina the week of March 3, 2008.

http://www.iamdl142.org/USA_2008-19.pdf

http://www.iam141.org/usairway.htm#usa.01.25.08

The difference between the LEADERSHIP of 141 and 142
is Galaxies. 142 met a week after us and they already have
a date to return to talks. The ink on the 141 update was so
smeared from the weepy tears shed from our Leader it is hard
to make out anything beyond blaming it on global warming.

We need new leadership and A New Direction

EDIT: we're recessed like MX... ..As for MX I’ll bet you a million dollars that the companies response when they meet again in march will be NO …. there’s MX getting the shaft again , MARCH come on ! Ah you gotta love the stall tactic ….. :wacko:

Dont see anywhere were 141 says they are still in talks.

District 141 will return to the bargaining table January 22, 23 and 24 2008

they were in talks as of yesterday ... if you don't belive me call the district lodge at

Phone: 847-640-2222

EDIT: nope we're not in talks we're recessed

142 were in talks, nothing mentioned about 141, and the same people basically negotiate for the company, I doubt there were two sets of talks going on.

142 were in talks, nothing mentioned about 141, and the same people basically negotiate for the company, I doubt there were two sets of talks going on.

oh your right , i went back and rechecked something ... sorry, when i talked to someone from the district they told me they were still in talks which was inaccurate as that another person that i was refered to told me they had recessed , never mind ..

they were in talks as of yesterday ... if you don't belive me call the district lodge at

Phone: 847-640-2222
Freedom,
141 was not in talks yesterday 1-31-08. The reason I know, I was talking to an AGC who happens
to be on the committee. Unless he has a clone double I'd say he was either left out of the loop
or there were no negotiations going on. I shook his hand and i believe the skin was real.

One question, are you ten years old or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back