Why is the IAM not telling fleet what was offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto O-man the ticket looks pretty solid I know a few personally and its not the crowd that will take too kindly to any kind of slapping.

tim,
no mention of PF or JR on the ticket ,, what's that about guessing there still running under Canales Flag..

Oust the old in with the new... man, any union with any strength that gives 2 sh**ts about their membership would be working harder to get their membership what they deserve! Almost 2 1/2 years into this merger and WHAT do WE or anyone in the labor force at US Airways have to show for their respective groups?? SQUAT. This sucks, man! We are tired of this sh**!! Why do you think we have such a mediocre airline?? I know unions don't have the clout they used to have by any way shape or form, but hey, look at it. Keep to the basics IAM. DO NOT sell out your membership!! Outsourcing should not even be something that is allowed to be bargained for God's sake. IAM needs to be fighting to keep their membership actively employed, we are not in bankruptcy. Oh yea, a Freakin' raise would be nice. All these chumps telling us to be patient can go take a hike. I am straddling the poverty line still and my wages don't even equate to an adjusted rate for inflation let alone keep up with $3.00 a gallon for gas. C'mon folks people aren't patient anymore...it is TIME. Pissed off it CALI.... flat a** broke.

To proudtobephilly,

sorry I didn't get back to you, as the other thread was closed and I just now read your post. You posted the following:
Tim, i think you need to edit your "slate" a bit. While i know Frankie O myself and hold an opinion that he is a very nice guy, he most certainly as of the most recent posting of union stewards in phl not one of them. I also cannot recall in any former postings of ever have seeing his name posted as a steward. like i stated already... i like Frankie O ; but there is noone thus far that i have spoken with can remember him as doing anything remotely involved in union steward work in phl. If I am incorrect in this i will apologize on this board to all members and Frankie O for bad info.

I think you need to direct that question to Bobby Boland. He will be able to confirm that Frankie O's status for you better than me.

Canale will learn a 'painful' lesson on solidarity at his own local and some things will be revealed on just how solid the NEW DIRECTION TEAM is....soon enough.

Mission Statement on the NEW DIRECTION TEAM

Introducing the NEW DIRECTIONS TEAM

We will have our 'state of the art' website up with bios very soon.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Speculation aside I think you are right on the money Jester this may be one of the reasons why they came back to the table. If so a merger partner may already be lined up if Parker can get rid of the CIC language.
Bullseye!!!!

The COC language came with a price of many workers who lost their jobs. I'll be damned if the COC language is removed, especially when everyone knows mergers are going to happen this year.

For those who say the union doesn't have any leverage, you must ask yourself why Al Hemenway [is that right 700?] is participating in negotiations when he already has a fleet service contract until 2009. Leverage to the Unions.
I know he was under the impression that Parker's boy was going to just slide the west over to the east but Canale doesn't have the 'juice' now and the lack of confidence he has with the membership has reduced him to only a cheerleader on the sideline. Canale will experience 'great pain' as he will not be able to get any nominations for his ticket at his very own local.

Al's got real problems. This isn't Bankruptcy anymore and we aren't in Kansas. I have the perfect solution, a fair and equitable contract as measured by industry standards, otherwise, sorry Al. And Randy needs to stop sending Al love letters about me. Randy should be a union man or even just a man, and step up to the plate and settle internal matters with me and my local....not go crying to Al and then trying in vain to slot in some guy who has never even been to a local meeting and never hold a union position in his 23 years. Randy should come to chicago's ready room, he will get a 'warm welcome'.
Sorry Randy but I'm going to enjoy watching you get kicked back up to management where you belong. If you were smart you would have retired in a desperate attempt to save your ticket and collect your personal "IAM watch". But your arrogance blinds you because this is all you see..."L" that is the left hand corner of the Big Picture Randy.

The NEW DIRECTIONS TEAM

Mission statement of NEW DIRECTIONS

regards,
Tim Nelson

tim and other's beware

the Tinman cometh .... real soon , had some technical issues to resolve

Hey orioleman thankyou and Tim for serving the members justice
we need a change and we need it now.this new direction we are headed is
solidid from Delaney on down lets get it on I cant wait

To proudtobephilly,

sorry I didn't get back to you, as the other thread was closed and I just now read your post. You posted the following:
Tim, i think you need to edit your "slate" a bit. While i know Frankie O myself and hold an opinion that he is a very nice guy, he most certainly as of the most recent posting of union stewards in phl not one of them. I also cannot recall in any former postings of ever have seeing his name posted as a steward. like i stated already... i like Frankie O ; but there is noone thus far that i have spoken with can remember him as doing anything remotely involved in union steward work in phl. If I am incorrect in this i will apologize on this board to all members and Frankie O for bad info.

I think you need to direct that question to Bobby Boland. He will be able to confirm that Frankie O's status for you better than me.

Canale will learn a 'painful' lesson on solidarity at his own local and some things will be revealed on just how solid the NEW DIRECTION TEAM is....soon enough.

Mission Statement on the NEW DIRECTION TEAM

Introducing the NEW DIRECTIONS TEAM

We will have our 'state of the art' website up with bios very soon.

regards,
Tim Nelson
Bob and PHL will never support Randy. Randy didn't like you one bit but don't worry none of us like Randy anymore. I have worked with some members of your team and they are the type of unionist that will not lie down in negotiations like I have seen Randy.

things that make you go HMMMMM

" Some say Canale has been around so long he is stale. Truth is, he was never very good. As president of the district he assigned himself to the United Airlines negotiations and royaly fouled it up. Remember the convertible notes. Woe to you if you were just short of the required seniority. Those are the people Canale screwed out of the notes. And what about the IAM pension Canale brags about. Did you know, he negotiated the pension where you pay more for the same benefit than ANY OTHER PARTICIPANT in that plan. He never told you that did he? When you work for UAL, a portion of your compensation pays for pension amount. For every buck you get, you pay more than any other pension participant.

When he was appointed president - yes appointed - Canale put himself in negotiations. He's been hanging around for 34 years in some union job. During that time, he served under three previous district presidents and not one of them EVER assigned Canale to any major negotiation. Not any on United or USAir or even Aloha or Hawaiian. Those presidents knew what the members have now found out. That Canale is a bum negotiator, and can't be trusted.

He thinks he's going to negotiate the next contracts on UAL and USAir. Want to make sure he doesn't? Attend the first or only union meeting in your local lodge in February and make sure to vote that he and his team does not get nominated for president again."

IT's time for CHANGE..

''proud2bephilly''-
Frank O out of Phl was one of the first members to stand up to the Randy Canales'
of the world when most members sat by for the lack of not realizing the direction Canale was taking
our work group. He ran against Canale on a slate(02') but was not really recognized back then basically because many people put to much faith in Canale, including myself. He was asked
by many locals to oppose Canale and did recieve numerous votes.

Frank has been throughout the system with stints in Clt, Rdu and but now works in Phl. He was
and is involved in many facets of this and other unions(ibew). Like myself he has stood back and watched as Canale has had the keys to the safe and made copies for his buds.

He worked with Joe Aliano in Phl to to get the Teamsters back in the mid 80's, successfully.
Also participated in 2 campains in Clt.

Not that this matters to me but he is well educated and has worked as a organizer on 2 Steel Workers campains. Education goes so far with me as I consider myself educated yet I learn something everyday.With that being said a diploma on the wall does not mean trust, loyality, and
common sense. Three things Frank O has. ''proud2bephilly'', you say you know and like Frank, so with that, ask him. He should be more than willing to answer any questions or doubts you may have.
He has a diploma though...in case your wondering.

I am not speaking for him but I wanted to give you alittle insight as to who he is.

Thanks

things that make you go HMMMMM

" Some say Canale has been around so long he is stale. Truth is, he was never very good. As president of the district he assigned himself to the United Airlines negotiations and royaly fouled it up. Remember the convertible notes. Woe to you if you were just short of the required seniority. Those are the people Canale screwed out of the notes. And what about the IAM pension Canale brags about. Did you know, he negotiated the pension where you pay more for the same benefit than ANY OTHER PARTICIPANT in that plan. He never told you that did he? When you work for UAL, a portion of your compensation pays for pension amount. For every buck you get, you pay more than any other pension participant.

When he was appointed president - yes appointed - Canale put himself in negotiations. He's been hanging around for 34 years in some union job. During that time, he served under three previous district presidents and not one of them EVER assigned Canale to any major negotiation. Not any on United or USAir or even Aloha or Hawaiian. Those presidents knew what the members have now found out. That Canale is a bum negotiator, and can't be trusted.

He thinks he's going to negotiate the next contracts on UAL and USAir. Want to make sure he doesn't? Attend the first or only union meeting in your local lodge in February and make sure to vote that he and his team does not get nominated for president again."

IT's time for CHANGE..

Hey orioleman nice job we dont need randy
he lives in a dream world with his mushrooms i mean
his hand picked agc s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back