Your Choise

DIE with the OLD (IAM) or GROWwith the NEW (IBT)

• YES>>>>IBT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES>>>>IAM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your source has been BS-ing YOU. It is going to get real quiet here soon.

And for my 2cents decert would be better than IAM least then you know who is sticking the knife in your back.

Your source has been BS-ing YOU. It is going to get real quiet here soon.

And for my 2cents decert would be better than IAM least then you know who is sticking the knife in your back.
Spoken like a sore loser. A true trade unionist would support the organization in power and try to make change within.

NOT A SORE LOSER - BUT SOMEONE THAT SPENT FIVE YEARS IN A BACKSTABBING, UNTRUSTWORTH UNION CALLED THE IAM. Change in that union will not happen till all of its current leadership have passed on from this world and can no longer have thier fingers in the pie. I have never claimed to be a unionist and never will - I AM A MECHANIC. That is what I have always maintained. I am in this position only because my coworkers wanted me in there.

By the way nice move getting Bird Doctor kicked off - how is it you can call people names and insult them but if it happens to you there is a price to be paid. Is the fix in on this board too?

curious...why is IBT 104 begging for furloughees to call in and let them know if they will vote or not??
sounds like someones fretting the 35%. :lol:

Fred Said........... ;)

Unlike the IAM we want them to vote - and as I have always maintained we want them to investigate the facts on thier own and make up thier own mind what is best for them, thier family, and thier future. The selection of leadership is thier right. We want them to excercise thier rights. When they look at the facts on thier own and stop being told what to do by either side they will choose TEAMSTERS.

Bye Bye IAM

won't be a vote...NMB will reduce the true vote tab which is already marginal and IBT will fall well short of 35%.

big concern on the floor is IBT's failure to achieve any type of heavy checks as done on the east side into their present was under negotiation contract.
in the event an election was brought forth...and IBT was successor,they would maintain the IAM contract until 2009 and without existing language in their contract as already is in the IAM contract....heavy on the east side would be gone.
IAM members will not vote in good faith or send in cards on false IBT assurances that we will get it in house, trust us.
if this language was currently bringing in east type heavy work...i believe you'd have a fighting chance.

BUT LIKE I SAID :eek:

Company has said time and time again and the IAM has said that the IAM contract is the surviving contract - that means the amount of work that comes back is constant and doesn't change reguardless who administers the contract. So there is nothing to loose in voting out the IAM. Company doesn't get to use just the parts of either contract that they want - so the amount of work coming in house is the same reguardless. There is nothing to loose except the IAM.

not if an election commenced and IBT was successor.....
they'd maintain until expiration then renegotiate....and with no in house as east did then would be a very strong case for bye bye east heavy... :shock:

And when a new contract is negociated and ratified do you really think that your members or we would give that up - NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!!!

89...point was losing bus heavy checks in 2009 if so ,i think would be a walkable issue...don't you?
and if so...the precedent for strikes has been laid out by NWA management for all to try.
sure looks like the next time will be very very interesting...;)

89...point was losing bus heavy checks in 2009 if so ,i think would be a walkable issue...don't you?
and if so...the precedent for strikes has been laid out by NWA management for all to try.
sure looks like the next time will be very very interesting...;)
Dell,

I do not see how too much has changed concerning a strike in 2009.

Northwest went to a lot of expense to bust the union by hiring and training SCABS.

What I find sad was the lack of support the NW mechanics got from the other unions on the property..

Yes, I would agree the loss of Airbus Heavy Checks in 09 would be a walkable issue,

Personally, I thought the POS agreement we are now working under was also walkable. Our union thought otherwise, and decided to hold a second vote..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back