To Iam Mechanics And Fsa

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
The following is my opinion and I am speaking as an IAM member to fellow IAM members regarding topics related to the RLA.

You have the right to collective bargaining and your union was absolute when it said, "The concession stand is closed." There can be no confusion to that absolute statement. [I hope our union stands by what it says, but we can not afford to sit by idly only to be unorganized in a moment of decision because we relied once again on leaders who said one thing and 'acted' another].

That's one statement I can stand by in this context and will do whatever I can do to get the "No vote' out should there be another proposal for you to vote on. If you feel the same way then get in touch with me and we can begin coordinating and organizing a volunteer network of rampers and mechanics if there is a sellout. IMO, it would be nice if both rampers and mechanics did this together.

I don't necessarily have the time to coordinate this so if someone wants to volunteer to lead it then fine. If not then I volunteer my time for this endeavor.

My email address is [email protected]

At any rate, I'm sure the manufactures will come on this board that somehow what I am offering up is profane, [but debating that is for another time], now is a time to organize a volunteer 'Vote No' committee, "just in case".

Regards,

Tim Nelson Local Lodge 1487

The wisest man I ever knew, My father once told me:

1. Never vote on something that you know nothing about.

2. Always beware of those who try to get you to comit to something before you have all of the facts.

With that in mind I think it prudent to have all the facts before a no vote campaign is organized. My last two no votes were cast knowing the facts as they were presented. I just think that it is unwise to say no to everything that comes along without weighing all the facts.

I voted yes on both counts in the past. Looking back, if it was a right or wrong choice all I can say is...it got us to today. I firmly believe that sometimes the best way to win "the war" is to run away and live to fight another day!!! I have no problem with a 'NO' vote by my fellow IAM employees on concessions. It's a personal choice and i will stand by you. But...stand by your convictions and see them to the end. If it means we loose it all then so be it!! I just have no patience for the whiners who talk big and then when the bullets start flyin fold like a cheap tent!! I have lived it at another carrier. Talk is cheap.

:down: Where was Tim Nelson and the IAM and the IAM m back in dec off
2002 when you voted to throw DAY AVP STL BTV and MEM out on there A$$.
Now you want to protect all these cities from express and concessions. All these cities
are contracted out on the ramp because of the union and their deals . Tell the members in all these cities that are scatered all over east coast that now you want their help while in the mean time that the IAM should at least of protected these
members by at least getting them the mainline express classification. This way
some might go home to their families and others that were layed off can get back to work. That is if they chose too.

Is the conssession stand open???

Will the Membership as well as the entire industry continue to suffer at the hands of unreliable leadership who care only for dues??

Speaking of Dr. Bronner. the IAM'S Robert Roach Jr is being quoted on wsoctv.com as saying "We're prepared to help him."

Now is the time to vote out the IAM, Before Theygive up everything!!!!

unit4clt said:
Is the conssession stand open???

Will the Membership as well as the entire industry continue to suffer at the hands of unreliable leadership who care only for dues??

Speaking of Dr. Bronner. the IAM'S Robert Roach Jr is being quoted on wsoctv.com as saying "We're prepared to help him."

Now is the time to vote out the IAM, Before Theygive up everything!!!!
this company will be belly up before you get the process even close enough to have a run off.....
you are right about roach wanting to halp....IAM gave U a long list of suggestions about saving monies to help the companyat the last concession drive.to date U has not implemented one item IAM offered.this is to what robert roach refers to.
quit spreading falsehoods and boosheet.get the facts.

this company will be belly up before you get the process even close enough to have a run off.....

For some reason allot of the posters/employees dont want to accept the fact that its over.

In the late 80's I worked for a company in Colorado that was going thru the same thing U's going thru right now. The competition was knocking on the back door so the first thing the company did was go to the employees for concessions, we gave once but when that wasn't good enough, the company came back again but this time they threatened us with liquidation, the Union (Teamsters) said NO! We gave once, work with what weve given you.

The company followed thru with their threat, filed chapter 7, laid everyone off and that was that.

If the IAM caves into the companies demands and agrees to more concessions they'll lose what little credibility they still have left with the membership and will ultimately be voted out and replaced by AMFA, if they stick to their guns and demand "The concession stand is closed" than U will follow thru with their threat and either liquidate or merge.

Beings U has so many internal problems and just about every major airline is still losing money my feeling is the company will shut the doors.

the only way IAM will cave is if the membership wishes it to go that route...period.

Delldude Im not against you Im with you.

Your wrong. The IAM can cave into the company and start a new round of negotiations but its up to the membership as to whether they are willing give more in terms of concessions.

In my opinion, the IAM really has no choice but to hold their ground, lest they lose whatever remaining credibility they have at their other carriers (NW, UAL, etc.). Lot of us IAM'ers at NW are losing faith at a rapid clip. :unsure:

tug_slug said:
Delldude Im not against you Im with you.

Your wrong. The IAM can cave into the company and start a new round of negotiations but its up to the membership as to whether they are willing give more in terms of concessions.
How many times will we have to vote THIS time ?? Once, Twice, or how about best 2 out of 3 this time around ?

Before anything happens, the membership should be able to have a say in even opening the cba. The IAM has already negotiated a contract that keeps giving concessions, for Fleet Service.

Now the company wants MORE.

They(IAM) pushed the last two agreements to "Fight another day"

THIS IS THE DAY!!!!

usfliboi said:
is this about saving face and creditablity or survival?
Please elaborate, Are you talking about the companies decision on parking the airbuses for all these months while continuing to pay the lease payments ?? {Not to mention all the LOST revenue ??} :blink: