737 Reductions and Flight Attendant Staffing

Sorry, but there is a NO Bump and Flush policy in place with the transition agreement. So dont be getting your undies in a bunch and use your bitter attitude out here w/us on the West. Trust me we after working on our HOT planes in the desert, and dealing with the strict inflight sups, you will beg to get back to an East base, thats if you havent been terminated with your lack of service standards!

By the looks of things enough people quit that Sh@thole every month that there will be more than enough room for our girls.

The strict inflight sups? Please. They don't know whats coming at them. Watch and learn.

And service standards? You can't be serious. I don't think international flight attendants trained in Business standards, fine dining, years of experience doing a variety of flying for a major US airline are going to have to worry about thier service standards in that hokey setting... the whole "so laid back we're sitting down" attitide of mgmt is not something to aim for. America West's "standards" are pathetic and have made the combined airline the joke of the industry. Please!

To those on the East don’t forget we are a compilation of several merged airlines and in most cases our seniority was reduced by the new arrivals on property. The most senior two people on our seniority list were former Eastern Flight Attendants.
I believe there will be some opportunities for some of our US Airways East crewmembers to transfer to the west at the same time, AWA once had a CMH base and there may be transfers to the East. Bottom line is we are all going to be in this together and at some point we have to stop this “them and us.â€￾ Frankly, it is what it is and we need to work together to regain our pay, benefits and maintain a united front along with our union, AFA. The company loves a group that is divided. "Divide and conquer" has been very successful at other companies. Make no mistake the company will use this to our detriment.

You know what, I was going to go back and edit my post but I'll just apologize for stooping to the other posters level. Chicken or Beef you are absolutely correct, divide and conquer. After re-reading it I don't mean to offend any of our West F/As (well, maybe the loser who's threatening to sabotage aircraft). I personally cannot wait to work with fresh faces and a variety of seniority and ages.

I stand by the comments about 'service standards'. Another long day at work doing nothing but apologizing for this complete abomination. EVERY day is like a bad weather day. It was never this bad in the darkest days of bankrupcy. This mgmt is so out of its league and out of touch with its customers and employees that its not even funny anymore. It's embarrassing and draining. Its a little rich to hear about 'service standards' from the west while the airline goes down in flames under America West mgmt.

This thread makes me sad :(

I'm sure there are plenty of wonderful and interesting FAs from both sides that would be a pleasure to work with.
I'm sure there are many who feel the same way I do.
I also realize there are snotty and mean-hearted FAs on both sides and at all seniority levels.

Reading these horrible posts I have to remind myself that usaviation posters do not represent the majority.

As already mentioned, PHX FAs can not be displaced.
As juniors quit and seniors transfer in, certainly their base seniority may slide down, but most likely levels of flying in PHX will remain solid and probably increase.
Regardless, nothing can happen till we have a single contract, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

And I say good riddance to 737s.

I know hunny, I'm sorry.
I did think of you and felt kinda bad when I posted if it makes you feel better :wub:

This thread makes me sad :(

I'm sure there are plenty of wonderful and interesting FAs from both sides that would be a pleasure to work with.
I'm sure there are many who feel the same way I do.
I also realize there are snotty and mean-hearted FAs on both sides and at all seniority levels.

Reading these horrible posts I have to remind myself that usaviation posters do not represent the majority.

As already mentioned, PHX FAs can not be displaced.
As juniors quit and seniors transfer in, certainly their base seniority may slide down, but most likely levels of flying in PHX will remain solid and probably increase.
Regardless, nothing can happen till we have a single contract, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

And I say good riddance to 737s.

Agreed! This is exactly what the company wants.

And I'm with ya on the 7 dirty 7s...