A332 crew rest module

some anet photos on how "real airlines" do it:

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?album=6217

check out SQ and LH.

SQ is also operating 19-hour nonstops on their 340s...

I don't think the 330 has enough space in the crown, but at the very least you'd think US would be looking at a module in the cargo hold if they intend to operate more flights with TLV-style stage lengths. Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many loading positions one of those takes up?

SQ is also operating 19-hour nonstops on their 340s...

I don't think the 330 has enough space in the crown, but at the very least you'd think US would be looking at a module in the cargo hold if they intend to operate more flights with TLV-style stage lengths. Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many loading positions one of those takes up?

That is the least of the problems. That module requires forward cargo heat; we don't have it. It requires stairs down from the mid galley: we don't have those either. The module weighs over 3000 lbs. Ceiling height is only 4 feet! Can you IMAGINE some of our international Flight Attendants trying to neogtiate those stairs and crawl around down there on there hands and knees???

Driver B)

That is the least of the problems. That module requires forward cargo heat; we don't have it. It requires stairs down from the mid galley: we don't have those either. The module weighs over 3000 lbs. Ceiling height is only 4 feet! Can you IMAGINE some of our international Flight Attendants trying to neogtiate those stairs and crawl around down there on there hands and knees???

Driver B)
You should see what they do on the floor at the 3L/3R crew rest on the A330. Some of those big gals AND guys get down on that floor somehow. US had the opportunity of doing the A330-200 while the damn plane was on the factory floor. They don't care about the needs of flight attendants. Hell of anyone really so the line in the sand was drawn on that matter. Like I said ages ago, "Why don't they stand in their office for 12-14 hours and take a nap sitting in a chair like the A330. Nice! ! ! ! <_<

Reactions: 2 people
You should see what they do on the floor at the 3L/3R crew rest on the A330. Some of those big gals AND guys get down on that floor somehow. US had the opportunity of doing the A330-200 while the damn plane was on the factory floor. They don't care about the needs of flight attendants. Hell of anyone really so the line in the sand was drawn on that matter. Like I said ages ago, "Why don't they stand in their office for 12-14 hours and take a nap sitting in a chair like the A330. Nice! ! ! ! <_<

I agree with you. Had they provided something reasonable like reclining seats with footrests that could be curtained off in the last row, IMO, everyone would have been OK with it. The lower module is NOT a good option. It looks great in pictures on the INTERNET, but that is about as far as it goes.

But here we are...they gave you practically NOTHING, AFA filed a grievance and lost, and the Flight Attendance have very little leverage to get appropriate crew rest facilities. We pilots got the module because they had little choice...nothing more.

Driver B)

Glad to hear it is comfortable. So why is 1A blocked?

1A gets blocked on TLV flights because there are 4 pilots, and the 4th pilot sits there for takeoff and landing (or crew rest if he/she so chooses.)

It may also be blocked for other flights if there is training/checking occurring where a 4th pilot is again required.

Only for TLV. And that is an agreement the company made after we started flying it. 1A is not our usual crew rest seat. Maybe training was going on with an additional crewmember.

Driver B)

Read the contract. An Envoy seat is required to be blocked for ALL transoceanic flights operated with 3 pilots. It makes NO EXCEPTION for aircraft with a crew rest module. The company has been violating that part of the contract since the 330-200 started MUC service and it is being grieved. While it is logical that a crew rest module be substituted for for the Envoy seat, it is not in the contract and therefore illegal for the company to not block that seat. The language is clear-cut (try reading it) and the grievance is an easy win for the union....when it finally gets settled.

1A gets blocked on TLV flights because there are 4 pilots, and the 4th pilot sits there for takeoff and landing (or crew rest if he/she so chooses.)

It may also be blocked for other flights if there is training/checking occurring where a 4th pilot is again required.

Read the contract. An Envoy seat is required to be blocked for ALL transoceanic flights operated with 3 pilots. It makes NO EXCEPTION for aircraft with a crew rest module. The company has been violating that part of the contract since the 330-200 started MUC service and it is being grieved. While it is logical that a crew rest module be substituted for for the Envoy seat, it is not in the contract and therefore illegal for the company to not block that seat. The language is clear-cut (try reading it) and the grievance is an easy win for the union....when it finally gets settled.

Grieve away...I like the module better and I will NOT demand an Envoy seat on a -200 unless I'm flying TLV. Besides that, every seat we take in Envoy is one a Flight Attendant can't use for a descent rest break.

You read it since you have time on your hands. I personally think we have bigger fish to fry.

Driver B)

Grieve away...I like the module better and I will NOT demand an Envoy seat on a -200 unless I'm flying TLV. Besides that, every seat we take in Envoy is one a Flight Attendant can't use for a descent rest break.

You read it since you have time on your hands. I personally think we have bigger fish to fry.

Driver B)
Where does it stop, so 320 why don't you let the company violate the pay provision of our contract, NYC bus is correct I don't think youve ever even started an engine on a 332 or you would be obviously more informed! MM!

Where does it stop, so 320 why don't you let the company violate the pay provision of our contract, NYC bus is correct I don't think youve ever even started an engine on a 332 or you would be obviously more informed! MM!

NYC bus doesn't have the authority to demand an Envoy seat on a 332 and neither do I. He can fight the VP of Flight Ops on it if he likes... IMO, It's greived, and that's all we can do right now.
There are other issues that demand our attention right now...the contract is a good place to start.

Your right, I don't start the engines...I have the F/O do that.

Driver B)

NYC bus doesn't have the authority to demand an Envoy seat on a 332 and neither do I. He can fight the VP of Flight Ops on it if he likes... IMO, It's greived, and that's all we can do right now.
There are other issues that demand our attention right now...the contract is a good place to start.

Your right, I don't start the engines...I have the F/O do that.

Driver B)

Time to shange your call sign to A330 Driver!

Latest posts