757's interiors

a320av8r

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I flew a 757 yesterday (can't recall the tail number). The interior appeared to be brand new. The Y seats, carpeting, wall panels, all seemed new. The F seats were new and had that new leather odor. The cockpit was repainted and CLEAN!
Good work! Is this a trend, anybody?

Might have been one of the ex ATA 75's. They are a little fresher inside. Here's hoping that it was one of the originals though.

Between four and six 757's are slated to go in the shop for winglets. Odd that the co. would do the inside without doing the outside at the same time. It could be though the winglet kits aren't ready yet.

I flew a 757 yesterday (can't recall the tail number). The interior appeared to be brand new. The Y seats, carpeting, wall panels, all seemed new. The F seats were new and had that new leather odor. The cockpit was repainted and CLEAN!
Good work! Is this a trend, anybody?
what color were the seats? were they dark blue? did the wall panels have the new "swoosh" style and the flag logo on it?

One of the previous ATA planes had a lav overflow. I flew it last week. Can we say nasty. HOW this kind of crap gets past the board of health is beyond me. It smelled like someone just went on the floor mixed with the smell of when the toilets are really flushing brown. Amazing though, the smell really faded during flight. Where DID it go? I hope some of our original 75's get spruced up soon. Love the airplane, hate the smell.

Flew on ex ATA N203UW (was N642UW for about 3 months) the other day, must have been the one travelpro72 mentioned as I was in the aft coach section and the f/a's commented to me and I noticed the stronger than usual even for a 757 lav smell. Otherwise nice job, nice coach dark blue leather seats with that 80 pct new leather/20 pct urine smell. Also has the newer overhead bins similar to what AA and UA replaced on their 757's. Will try and post a photo when I can.

Cheers

LGA777

I do like how they posted pictures on how to stow bags inside the overhead doors. Not that many can read or see. Like watching that millionth person open the overhead labeled "EMERGENCY EQUIPMENT ONLY". That smell was comming from those three lavs by 3L and 3R so you were definately on the same a/c. The folks sitting in the exit row said it had the smell the whole flight though I could only smell it for boarding since I was standing there as "C". For passengers nice a/c. I'm still mixed about the galley in the back. Ehhh it's ok. I do like the counter.

One of the previous ATA planes had a lav overflow. I flew it last week. Can we say nasty. HOW this kind of crap gets past the board of health is beyond me. It smelled like someone just went on the floor mixed with the smell of when the toilets are really flushing brown. Amazing though, the smell really faded during flight. Where DID it go? I hope some of our original 75's get spruced up soon. Love the airplane, hate the smell.

F.Y.I... The smell never vanished. You experienced what happens when the olfactory nerves are exposed to an odor for a prolonged time. The "smell" is not gone, just accepted as the new norm.

e.g. If you have ever grown up in a family who just ate a rich meal and settled in to, say, watch football and flatulence ensues, then mom walks in and says OH MY GOD! to you, there is no smell, but to anyone new to the room or in your case, the agent opening the door, O.M.G.!

what color were the seats? were they dark blue? did the wall panels have the new "swoosh" style and the flag logo on it?
No. Standard US Airways gray seats and carpets, just all looked new. The F seats were new leather. I imagine that the seats went through the seat shop and got reupholstered. It was a -2B7 aircraft (USAir new from factory not ex-EAL -225).
Glad to see improvements.

No. Standard US Airways gray seats and carpets, just all looked new. The F seats were new leather. I imagine that the seats went through the seat shop and got reupholstered. It was a -2B7 aircraft (USAir new from factory not ex-EAL -225).
Glad to see improvements.
well even though it's nice that the a/c looked good. this is not the new style . the new style is dark blue leather economy seats . new style"swoosh" wall panels and also semi dark grey side wall panes. some 767's have gone through this already. looks like the a/c you were on was just cleaned up a little not refurbished.