Interiors of the 767, and 757 etops to Europe.

Story

Wrong:

US Airways named David Siegel, 40-year-old head of Avis Rent-A-Car, as president, CEO and a board member of the holding company and airline. Stephen Wolf, who reassumed the role of CEO in Nov. following the surprise resignation of Rakesh Gangwal, will retain the title of chairman of both companies in a nonexecutive capacity.

So wasn't he reassuming his role of CEO after being CEO and president in the interim? There was a space between Gangwal and Siegel.

Read above, it says he reassumed the CEO role, not the President.

Overview
Stephen M. Wolf, Chairman of board of directors of the Company; chairman of Lehman Brothers Private Equity Advisory Board, July 2005 to present; managing partner of Alpilles, LLC, a private investment Company, April 2003 to present; non-executive chairman of US Airways Group, Inc., an air carrier holding Company, and its subsidiary US Airways, Inc., an air carrier, 2003; chairman of US Airways Group, Inc. and US Airways, Inc., 1996 to 2002; chief executive officer of US Airways Group, Inc. and US Airways, Inc., 1996 to 1998 and 2001 to 2002; previously and from 1994, senior advisor in Lazard Freres & Co. LLC, an investment banking firm. Directorships: Altria Group, Inc.

Top Executive Profiles

Yes, we see that. Reassuming means you were doing something else for a bit, which I believe was fulfilling a dual role of president and CEO.

What else was he 'reassuming' from? Did he take a sabbatical?

Bottom line folks, go to usaviation.com or jetphotos.com and click on interiors or cabins of different DOMESTIC airlines and just see what other carriers offer to ours. It's a complete joke.

Bottom line folks, go to usaviation.com or jetphotos.com and click on interiors or cabins of different DOMESTIC airlines and just see what other carriers offer to ours. It's a complete joke.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
ABSOLUTELY! Unfortunately many of US employees- most of them mgmt., either never fly on other carriers or believe, in some form of convoluted logic, that US is competitive in Business or Main Cabin. I flew Air Tran recentlyy and even they put US to shame- very sad- actually pathetic. Never mind AA, DL, UA, Co and even NW. They make US look like a flying BUS. Once again TEMPE needs to be fumigated ( mgmt ) and bring in some REAL airline mgmt. ;) ;) ;) . If that doesnt happen soon, US is doomed to fail.

We shouldn't have expected style or class from an airline who's previous livery looked like Fred Flintstone vomited on a pickle.

They do seem easily impressed. Someone do a video of the A330. Its only slighly outdated by other airline standards but the best we have. Although it may be too understated for the cactus crowd- they need squiggles and heat waves, and would be offended by all the galleys and closets that could be rows and rows of barefoot drunks.
DING!! DING!! DING!! As usual you are absolutely correct. This is nothing more than a big version of AWA. Has anyone ever flown on their 737's? They make the East 37's look like a Lexus, the walls are painted off white with a paint brush, different types of seats all over the plane that don't match and not to mention they are the color of that pickle that ole Fred vomited on. The bulkhead seats were so far up against the bulkhead that the people sitting there were sitting sideways. The last row of seats were crammed in so bad against the galley wall that the seatbacks were pushed forward. I can't believe they actually make people pay anything for those seats. Needless to say I got back on a reconfigured 321 and thought "now this is fancy" compared to that POS that I just walked off of.

DING!! DING!! DING!! As usual you are absolutely correct. This is nothing more than a big version of AWA. Has anyone ever flown on their 737's? They make the East 37's look like a Lexus, the walls are painted off white with a paint brush, different types of seats all over the plane that don't match and not to mention they are the color of that pickle that ole Fred vomited on. The bulkhead seats were so far up against the bulkhead that the people sitting there were sitting sideways. The last row of seats were crammed in so bad against the galley wall that the seatbacks were pushed forward. I can't believe they actually make people pay anything for those seats. Needless to say I got back on a reconfigured 321 and thought "now this is fancy" compared to that POS that I just walked off of.

If you have flown on a new airbus on the HP side, the interiors are very nice. Like I posted earlier, the seats are leather in first class and coach. They are far superior to the seats east has to offer. But the new seats they put on the etops planes, in my opinion, looks way better than the outdated grey seats. If you haven't flown on a new west plane, too bad, because they are very nice! :up:

If you have flown on a new airbus on the HP side, the interiors are very nice. Like I posted earlier, the seats are leather in first class and coach. They are far superior to the seats east has to offer. But the new seats they put on the etops planes, in my opinion, looks way better than the outdated grey seats. If you haven't flown on a new west plane, too bad, because they are very nice! :up:
Yeah actually I have flown on one of the new 319's at HP, the Cardinal's plane actually, and yes it was very nice. I have to say though that I like the grey seats (if they weren't so worn) I think that interior is easier on the eyes.

Ok folks I don't mean to be the p!ss on the camfire here but the interiors on our etops 757's and 757's are an absolute joke. While it is an improvement to have the 12 power seats on the 757 they look more out of place than ANY other seats on any of our a/c. They were simply thrown into that airplane. Most of the etops a/c don't have any new ANYTHING but the seats. The leather you see is the e-190. The only leather flying across the pond are the three a/c that were original ATA. The rest of that 757's that were original Usairways and converted to Etops are absolutely horrible. They did NOTHING but bring it up to ETOPS standards and add seats. The rest of the operation is a joke. With the way they run those poor, poor 767's they will finish the upgrade (if you wanna call it that) by the time they retire the damn things. Fly ANY and I do mean ANY other US carrier to Europe and see if you have a/c that look like this. Fly Usairways and you never know what your gonna get. Bojangles Airlines hires the welfare of airline management. :lol:

Though the 757 from ATA were aquired "post merger", the 767 and all of the other TA a/c were in shambles before this merger. True the A330 reconfig has been bad, but the interior otherwise still looks good. The coach seats on the acquired 757's will be updated, when the a/c can sit in maintenance for a while. Don't be so ungrateful, if they hadn't changed the first class seats, you'd complain about that too.

Many of those domestic carriers have also made a trip to bankruptcy and their a/c looked like that before they went into bankruptcy. US Airways a/c looked bad before the merger happened and now the employees of the new company want this company to fix all of the bad things that they had to begin with! US Airways in bankruptcy was in bad shape all the way around and ther merged company can't fix all of that bad overnight, this company is in the middle of a serious transformation even though many things have gone bad.

Though the 757 from ATA were aquired "post merger", the 767 and all of the other TA a/c were in shambles before this merger. True the A330 reconfig has been bad, but the interior otherwise still looks good. The coach seats on the acquired 757's will be updated, when the a/c can sit in maintenance for a while. Don't be so ungrateful, if they hadn't changed the first class seats, you'd complain about that too.
Many of those domestic carriers have also made a trip to bankruptcy and their a/c looked like that before they went into bankruptcy. US Airways a/c looked bad before the merger happened and now the employees of the new company want this company to fix all of the bad things that they had to begin with! US Airways in bankruptcy was in bad shape all the way around and ther merged company can't fix all of that bad overnight, this company is in the middle of a serious transformation even though many things have gone bad.
you HONESTLY believe what you wrote? Uhhhhhm OK! ! ! :rolleyes: :lol: