767 Envoy Class Reconfigured?

I've seen the opposite. Most think it's dreadful. A few people who like it, but never anyone who thinks it's great. Flag waves? Mmm, no they don't look like a flag wave to me, it looks like an odd swoosh. I find it dated, awkward and unispiring. It looks extremely amateur and like no thought was put into it. So it actually represents the airline very well.

In all honesty paint the planes brown and put cactuses and pooping chinchillas all over it for all I care, just give me the tools to do my job, don't make the customer's expectations higher than what you're willing to give them, and most importantly pay me what you are supposed to.

In all honesty paint the planes brown and put cactuses and pooping chinchillas all over it for all I care, just give me the tools to do my job, don't make the customer's expectations higher than what you're willing to give them, and most importantly pay me what you are supposed to.

don't you think that would be more appropriate than the current paint scheme...I mean the airline is a TOTAL joke

And, the paint scheme and interiors are dreadful...but then again, look at the HP paint scheme and interiors

EMBFA, you continually talk about the crappo paint job....but honestly, I think that you are alone in thinking that it is crap. I have heard A LOT of people in the terminal say how they like the new paint better, and I personally think it is much better and more appealing. If you look at most of the comments on US Airways photos on airliners.net, almost all of the comments say something like "US Airways B757 in its very smart new paint" (when in Europe), and "the A320 looks great in the new US paint". People like it.

What is your beef with it? I have heard you say that you don't know what those lines are on the back of the fuesalage, but they are obviously flag waves. People like it......

photo 1

Photo 2

photo 3

photo 4
I think the paint job is much improvement from the old US Airways plane. The paint on the old livery looks black, not navy. Always think of Pirates when I see the old scheme. The new design looks to much like British Airways. But it does look really sharp on the A330.
Can't wait to see it on a A340???!! :up:

It's another cultural difference. Whether or not you associate with Stephen Wolf or not, the old US livery was elegant, classy and unique in a sea of drab eurowhite. It was striking, memorable, and worldly. Something west folk don't seem to aim for, they want thier airplanes to look like Fred Flinstone on acid or have children's drawings on them.

:blink: Good Lord! I thought all of this about paper being used as a movie screen was just a joke for the Galley Sideshow! How ghastly! Is that copy paper ?? Has PineyBob finally opened lines of communication with Scooter Kirby?? Is Piney getting a kickback for his product being used onboard our 767s? Free miles? Unlimited upgrades?

I think I am going to talk to Scooter and try to trump Piney's idea. I have quite the receding hairline and would be more than happy to stand in front of the cabin and have them show the movie on my forehead if it will allow me layovers in Athens!!! :lol:

Lets face it.... Our profitability on European routes does come largely from the Economy class.
The decision to downsize Envoy makes perfect sense. I have rarely seen more than about 15 business fares on a flight and most of these are discounted Z fares at that. The remainder are Go Envoy, I class and NRSA upgrades. I'm sure an additional 7 Economy seats are much more profitable especially in the busy summer months than the extra Envoy seats.

On a side note... I have seen a brochure on the new seats and they will be quite nice!

On another side not... Has any one noticed that in the winter 767 seat maps with the new config, they have blocked 6 seats in Y (29 and 30CDE) as opposed to the current 3 (30CDE).

Lets face it.... Our profitability on European routes does come largely from the Economy class.
The decision to downsize Envoy makes perfect sense.

Something like 33 percent of the T/A revenue used to come from Envoy class. Back when the company had a worthwhile business class. DP and Kirby has justified cutting domestic F/C and intl biz seating because so few people actually pay the full fare; maybe with a decent premium cabin, more people would. As for the number of elite FF upgrades in the front of the plane, that was traditionally a way of rewarding those customers for their business.

Thanks for welcome... Been a long time lurker but figured you all could deal with my opinions (no matter how wrong they may be) :)

I completely agree with your analysis though I feel that it really only applies during peak travel periods. Looking at winter loads to Europe it seems that we won't even always be able to fill 17 seats...
I remember flying to and from both FRA and CDG last winter and having about 15-20 envoy seats to choose from. Granted that was in a 42 seat Envoy class.
I do hope they leave the door open to expand envoy at some point, but they haven't even consistently filled the 757's 11 seats to some European destinations this summer.

Something like 33 percent of the T/A revenue used to come from Envoy class. Back when the company had a worthwhile business class. DP and Kirby has justified cutting domestic F/C and intl biz seating because so few people actually pay the full fare; maybe with a decent premium cabin, more people would. As for the number of elite FF upgrades in the front of the plane, that was traditionally a way of rewarding those customers for their business.

There is a lot of twisted (i.e. Tempe) logic built into this. Every time I search for TA routes during the off-season, the Envoy fares "with restrictions" price out at $6,000+.....sometimes as high as $13,000 (before taxes!). If you're trying to sell a product, you just have to be realistic about how to price it!!! Let's say the average PHL-LGW discounted & fare is $600 during the off-season. What is the logic behind pricing Envoy at 10X that amount? It's an 8-hour flight, for goodness sake! Who in their right mind is going to pay for that unless your company allows you to fly in J and has an unlimited travel budget. Instead of pricing Envoy at a more reasonable $2,500 or $3,000, Tempe concludes that there is no market for paid Envoy, and blames it on the customers who "have told us loud and clear that they want low fares."

Guess what, Tempe: I never told you any such thing! I told you many times that I want a reasonably priced business class, or a coach fare with a reasonable surcharge in order for me to use my miles to upgrade at the time of booking. And I've also told you that I want reasonable pitch in Y. Of course, my last name is not "Kettle," so why should you care about anything I have to say? I only fly 50,000+ miles a year on your airline!

I'm personally glad that you've decided to add your insight. We don't get many on here from the international side.

Your mention of winter loads is rather interesting and it is part of the reason I'm more than a little annoyed with US Airways. I happen to LOVE Europe in winter, there are no lines for the museums, Hotel awards are a dime a dozen and frankly not so many darm american tourists :lol: This is also my "Beef" with US.

100% agreed there!!!

I think you are onto something with your vacations idea. I wish they would market a little more... THey are pushing our start-ups this year of ZRH, BRU and ATH but I still feel they could do more with both these and other destinations.
ZRH and BRU are of course difficult as they are beyond the budget of many americans but they, along with pretty much all of our other European destinations less FRA (which doesn;t really need help thanks to our cooperation with LH) are wonderful all year round especially in Fall.