767 Envoy Class Reconfigured?

Hurt is good. I just expect a minimum leveel of service in "First Class".
Customer realations - sure. So they can send me a pre-canned response "We are sorry blah blah...".
I did this once before where they screwed up out seat assignments and had my 2 year old daughter sit alone 10 rows away from me and noone at the airport wanted to help or even cared. All I got was the standard answer.......

And yes, I did have problems with the crew. Maybe IK was just used to the friendliness of LH (I flew them in economy in May to FRA).

I flew Envoy 3 times onver the Atlantic in the past 6 weeks.
No smiles, even a friendly greeting; I feel they have to serve those goddamn passengers, I almost want to apologize for sitting in this seat...
EVERY time something on the seat was broken, however, the food was ok.
Cummulative delays for 3 flights were 12 hours.....
Somehat surprised by your assessment. Most of the TA crews are VERY GOOD and do a great job with what they have to work with. One needs to remember this IS an American carrier and NOT Singapore Airlines........you shouldn't set the bar at a level where NO ONE is capable of Meeting Your Expectations, let alone EXCEEDING THEM. And as far as Smiles.......society in general could use a lesson or two in treating a fellow human being with a little more compassion and kindness.

Maybe I'm in the minority here with my own simplicity, but I dont' see what is so terribly wrong with the service in Envoy. I just flew in Envoy and everything was great. The food was fine, plenty of service, my god I couldn't have stuffed anymore in my mouth. It can use an improvement but by no means did this service 'SUCK!" , as the hatelifers say. The seats could be more comfortable but other than that, a slight improvement is all I saw. Is this about stuffing ones face?

By the way, you might as well drop this topic since upgrades to Envoy Service are in the works in the test kitchen in Phoenix. Give this a rest for now, you can all complain once the new service begins to show up, I'm certain you won't like that either.
The service in Envoy/First is awful. This is nowhere even remotely where we used to be. Remember, our service won MAJOR INTERNATIONAL AWARDS. What we have now is total ghetto in comparison to our original product. If you saw what we had and what we offer now, you would be screaming too!

It has nothing to do with stuffing ones face, it's presentation, QUALITY of foods and wine, china, silverware, polished flight attendants (in dress and demeanor), immaculate airplanes. It's the total package.

Let's be perfectly honest here. MANY of our flight attendants that work int'l ONLY do it because it is commutable for them on both ends. Everyone has pretty much shopped at Harrods, strolled through Manchester, Eifel Tower, London Bridge etc, etc. It's commutable and some from the west coast even. They are good people that are just tired and ONLY there because they have to be. When there was a seperate division everyone and I mean EVERYONE was on it because they wanted to be there and accepted the duties of the job. A VERY LARGE majority of the folks working int'l now are now all happy go lucky. Sure, the company makes it a true challenge to work these flights lately (757 e-FLOPS) but if you can't handle it you shouldn't be working these flights. Passengers and yes even our Envoy/first customers can be a real pain in the @$$ at times but still a paying passenger all the same. Because you are flying on an "American" carrier is NO EXCUSE for you to be any less polite and able to crack a smile. As for the slop we have to push and our service levels UWCACTUS you MUST get out there and experience another airline. Our service blows plain and simple yet we charge the same fare or HIGHER than our competitor.

Maybe I'm in the minority here with my own simplicity, but I dont' see what is so terribly wrong with the service in Envoy. I just flew in Envoy and everything was great. The food was fine, plenty of service, my god I couldn't have stuffed anymore in my mouth. It can use an improvement but by no means did this service 'SUCK!" , as the hatelifers say. The seats could be more comfortable but other than that, a slight improvment is all I saw. Is this about stuffing ones face?

By the way, you might as well drop this topic since upgrades to Envoy Service are in the works in the test kitchen in Phoenix. Give this a rest for now, you can all complain once the new service begins to show up, i'm certain you won't like that either.

You don't get out much do you? There isn't even any comparison between what Envoy service has become and what it used to be. There used to be real amenity kits, 5 or 6 course meal, good movies, flight attendants who had been trained on providing great service. And now - the service is a joke, and they still charge the same as other airlines - but are delivering a level of service that is so far below other airlines it is comical.

They need to upgrade more than just the food to get back to a true international business service level. I can just imagine what they are cooking up in Phoenix for Envoy meal service - Hot Pockets?

Fly a few other airlines international first/business and then see what you think. As a paying customer, I wouldn't even dream of paying the price for an envoy ticket at this point. My international flying on business class fares will certainly always be on an airline other than US.

You have to excuse UWCactus as he is so far up Tempe's rear he can't see much. :ph34r: That and the fact he is still getting over actual models replacing him on the uniform pictures. :lol: But by all means UW keep "S-P-I-N-N"ing it. ;)

Maybe I'm in the minority here with my own simplicity, but I dont' see what is so terribly wrong with the service in Envoy. I just flew in Envoy and everything was great. The food was fine, plenty of service, my god I couldn't have stuffed anymore in my mouth.

Well, after lurking on these boards for more than five years, this SINGLE quote was enough to get me to finally register and make a comment.

It is precisely this sort of comment that scares me about the future of US. No one said that flying Envoy is a miserable, painful experience. It isn't (at least generally). The food is not bad and the seats are comfy. All in all, it's okay.

BUT THAT'S THE PROBLEM! Comfort Inns are okay, but no one really wants to stay there. US's transatlantic business class is okay, but every person I know who commutes to Europe for work regularly has simply sworn off US's business offering because it's not competitve. Others have catalogued here IFE issues, worn interiors, seat problems, etc., so I won't get into that at all.

The core issue is that the reason that true paying biz travellers flock to CO for long haul service is that they are a domestic carrier that has succeeded in making a business class trip feel special and very different. Real business travelers do not want syrupy sweet flight attendants chatting them up; they want efficient, prompt, and thorough cabin attendants who are proactive in making each of their passengers feel that his/her needs are tended to. There is a REAL difference.

Sadly, my Envoy flights have all had crews who were plenty nice, but they were simply going through the motions. Nothing was done poorly, but then nothing was exceptional.

Anyhoo -- nice to join you folks here on USAviation. I swore I wouldn't join since I don't have much spare time, but when I read a comment about Envoy being great with "plenty of service" ... I knew precisely what that meant. And I assure you it isn't what top dollar customers are looking for. That's why they're all over at CO now.

On one of the B767s the oh-so-modern flip screens for the projector movies (!) fell off. What has the new US done to 'solve' the problem?

They got a bunch of 8 X 10 printer paper and taped them to the wall.

I'm serious. It's been there for weeks. They keep replacing it when it falls off the wall or gets graffiti'd by angry passengers.

There's a poster on here who has a picture of it as thier avatar. Please resize it and post it here for everyone to see!

Rumor has it a talk show host was on that Greece flight a couple weeks ago that was sent out with no food at all for Envoy Class. Maybe 20/20 will do a feature on America's Worst airline!

Tech Boy,

Where did it say that UA was reducing the number of business class seats? That goes against everything they have done to date--they have actually increased domestic F in one fleet type, and are considering adding some to another.

You can load an airplane to the gills and still lose money.

You're right--cheap describes the catering, and the overall product offered by Envoy. Perhaps if they had a decent product, people would actually pay a little more for it.

On top of everything else, US continues to price themselves out of the market--they wanted about $7K per seat for my Italy trip in Envoy, and I was able to get 2 Business First seats for less than half that on CO--and you know what? It is very profitable for CO. When you overcharge and offer an inferior product, you remove value from the equation. Add the operational difficulties, which to my knowledge are 10 times worse on US than any other carrier, and the inability to provide appropriate customer service to those affected by irregular ops, and you understand why I no longer go out of my way to fly US. And there are hundreds if not thousands more like me. And there are only so many first time flyers--do you think those Kettles affected by irregular ops and denied proper reaccommodation are going to come back??

As I stated in another post, I have spent $9K on air tickets in the last 8 days. $6900 to CO and $2100 to AA. Notice who didn't get a penny. I have put up with an inferior product, and in some cases exhorbitant fares for a long time--the operational nonsense which is occurring now is what put me over the edge.

I feel sorry for the fine front line employees of US Airways, who have to continually apologize for the product and the service...it doesn't need to be this way.
Nice post, I hope the higher ups read this....

On one of the B767s the oh-so-modern flip screens for the projector movies (!) fell off. What has the new US done to 'solve' the problem?

I'm serious. It's been there for weeks. They keep replacing it when it falls off the wall or gets graffiti'd by angry passengers.

Rumor is they are switching to filmstrips on longhaul flights. That way they FA's can keep busy due to limited service and the company can save money.

September's line-up for Eastbound flights:
Basic Hand Tools
Mixing Mortar by Hand
Spreading Mortar

For Westbound flights:
How does grass grow?
Cross-breeding flowers
Japanese Beetles declare war on your plants

It is also rumored from the test kitchen in PHX that they are going to start a trial launch of viewfinders on longhaul flights in an effort to improve inflight services and amenities. The range of entertainment for viewfinders is much more broad. US now serves a diverse crowd and this type of entertainment is viewed as meeting the needs of all travelers while being cost effective and competitive with other carriers. The viewfinders will be sold for $8.95 and a large library of slides will be offered for a nominal fee on all flights.

This is typical America West thinking. They've abused their airplanes for years. Rather than take them out of service to fix such problems, they duct tape them together send them back out.

I'll give them this though, they sure do optimize their aircraft. Taking out out to fix anything that isn't required to fly must just piss them off to no end.

Us old FlightFund members are used to this. I guess we should be just happy we get from point A to point B (though dealing with a broken Lavatory is a different beast when its PHL-ATH vs PHX-LAS, but they don't care. It is all the same to them.)

Latest posts