767 Envoy Class Reconfigured?

On one of the B767s the oh-so-modern flip screens for the projector movies (!) fell off. What has the new US done to 'solve' the problem?

They got a bunch of 8 X 10 printer paper and taped them to the wall.

I'm serious. It's been there for weeks. They keep replacing it when it falls off the wall or gets graffiti'd by angry passengers.

There's a poster on here who has a picture of it as thier avatar. Please resize it and post it here for everyone to see!

Rumor has it a talk show host was on that Greece flight a couple weeks ago that was sent out with no food at all for Envoy Class. Maybe 20/20 will do a feature on America's Worst airline!
:down: Disgusting. Will it ever end.

Please tell me these sorry *ssed SOB's REALLY didn't send an airplane over the Atlantic like that? :down: And if they did.......I'll keep that foul thought to Myself.

Oh yes, it has been that way for a couple of weeks now.

Maybe it's a preview of new IFE- shadow puppets? Pictionary? Win Lose or Draw?

Oh of course they did. Numerous times. It was like that for weeks. They did try a cloth sheet at one point as well. That picture was taken in Athens. Does anyone know if it was ever fixed?
Sandy is a wonderful flight attendant which makes it even more sad. She likes things impeccable. She had to just be mortified. :huh:

My friend got the scoop on the 7/28 ATH flt with no food from one of the f/as that worked it in the back. They got quick called after the crew went illegal because the plane broke and came back. They were all 2000 seniority so the newst f/as usair has probably all midatantic. They got catered in the back with the old meals that already got heated on the first flight so they served reheated meals in the back. Catering threw out the food for up front and didn't put anything up front like china or glassware. Andrew S told them to close the door anyway so the pilots wouldn't go illegal. It was Nate Burcus sp.? from the Oprah show that was sitting up front. She said the CSD and galley person were two guys who did a great job of calming the Envoy pax and did thier best to spruce up the cardboard meal. The pax were very angry and wanted a full refund but had nothing but compliments for the csd and the crew's professional manner

It's a nice little flash demo, and I like the holder for the portable player that really makes it just like having a built in one. But having it completely portable means no big boxes under the seat, no central server to worry about crashing and rebooting, etc. I hope there will be a few extras stocked on each flight, though.

The page, however, doesn't specify that these seats are only going in the 767. Well, not until you view the flash player do you see a tiny little footnote at the bottom.

Can the company at least be honest about letting people know that these particular Envoy seats will be in about 30% of the transatlantic fleet?

They are very similar to the CO 777 BizFirst seats. The CO 757/767 seats are very similar to the existing A330/757 Envoy seats in terms of recline/pitch. Although CO are wider on the 767 and in a 2x1x2 config, which is nice.

Also very similar to the NW WBC seats which are 60" pitch and 176 degrees recline.

The new AA biz seats that are going into the 767-300 fleet are getting a lot of complaints, although they too are similar to the USAir 762 seats.

So, I am going to go on a limb and go as far as saying the US 762 Envoy seats are a HUGE improvement and, if the 762's days are numbered in the fleet, they'll be fine for 5-8 years.

And, as was mentioned, it's not all about the seat alone. The service could really be trumped up and all these complaints might go away. Make it a real intl. premium service and people will see the value in more than just a nice seat.

The new seats are certainly better than the current 767 seats but not anything to write home about. They are just a slight improvement on the A330 (and now B757) Envoy seats. They are similar to American's new business seats but they are more 1997 than 2007. They are not bad for US Airways though.

What is with that ugly pattern on the seat? Blue with those stupid heat waves on it. Is it left over material from America West? The new interiors are very slap-dash put together, it seems like they just tell thier vendors blue, any old shade, nothing specific.

I find the new interior to be very stark, the darker colors are not soothing and make the cabins feel alot smaller. Compare the E170 with the light gray leather and Wolf bulkheads to the E190 with the new crappo look and dark blue seats- it's the same airplane but the 170 felt larger because of the light colors and use of horizontal stripes. I've watched enough HGTV to know that dark colors advance, light colors recede and reflect light, giving the impression of spaciousness. The oddly placed flag and swoosh on the bulkhead are distracting and do not flow well together (check out the bizarre eyesore of the outside paint job). They, too make the surface they are on appear smaller. I know they did this design in-house for free (it sure does show). They could have gotten it done for free by asking someone with a design or branding background to do it, I'm sure many would have jumped at the chance of having 400 highly visible flying machines around the world as a portfolio of thier work.

EMBFA, you continually talk about the crappo paint job....but honestly, I think that you are alone in thinking that it is crap. I have heard A LOT of people in the terminal say how they like the new paint better, and I personally think it is much better and more appealing. If you look at most of the comments on US Airways photos on airliners.net, almost all of the comments say something like "US Airways B757 in its very smart new paint" (when in Europe), and "the A320 looks great in the new US paint". People like it.

What is your beef with it? I have heard you say that you don't know what those lines are on the back of the fuesalage, but they are obviously flag waves. People like it......

photo 1

Photo 2

photo 3

photo 4