Jumping Ship....is it time?

This post seams the typical "the grass is greener over at the other airline." While I have many problems with the "New" USAirways, in particular removing the closets to cram in extra seats on the planeis the top of my list. SOrry I drink my coffe black, but no real cram is just tacky.

I also fly alot and on many airlines US-CP, NW-Plt, Dl-Gold and AA-Gold. They all have their problems and pluses and minuses. You need to fly each several times before making a judgement.

As for the fares, any airline cannot be the cheapest all the time on every route. Yesterday morning I was online looking for a one-way fare from YOW-MHT. US $111.00, NW $896.00, AC $ 586. I choose AC since they had the only mid-afternoon flight and got me home at a reasonable hour.

I could have gone over to the NW board and ranted about ripoff fares, but found out they only has 1 Y seat left. US was way too cheap for that route, and the AC fare was lower than normal. I usually pay about $750.00 for a one-way ticket on that route.

While I still pondering what airline will get more business and what airline will get more busines(I need them all) the recent changes are making it harder for me to give US more business on routes where other carriers have equal or better products. I have stopped flying US on the very few trans-con I take.

It is hard to make a fair comparison on a few flights. Heck if you ask me from my personal experience, SW has empty planes, on the three flights I have taken with them I have had a full row to myself.

SO you need to fly other carries as much as you fly US to make a fair comparison.

I tried to tell US1 that same thing, you put it nicely but of course I got same toned response. It's interesteing to see what things "set" people off.You learn to what expect from certain posters. There are some MAJOR whinners her!!! Want me to list them? Usually the same two or three so I take it for what it's worth.

blah blah blah
go shine doug's shoes u think he's so wonderful
one day u willl realize that HE is making millions because you are making peanuts
have fun with the hefty bag customers!!!!!
now where is my drink?

I tried to tell US1 that same thing, you put it nicely but of course I got same toned response. It's interesteing to see what things "set" people off.You learn to what expect from certain posters. There are some MAJOR whinners her!!! Want me to list them? Usually the same two or three so I take it for what it's worth.

I think it is about time we all abandon ship as Low Class Carrier is sinking to new lows. I love the East employees but hate what Dougie and the sand castler are doing. I for one use to be extremely loyal and defend US. But I just can't stomach what they are doing anymore.

According to a CP angel US is losing 1/3 of it's preferred members next year. What does that tell you? People are not sticking around anymore as there is nothing left to really stick around for anymore.

blah blah blah
go shine doug's shoes u think he's so wonderful
one day u willl realize that HE is making millions because you are making peanuts
have fun with the hefty bag customers!!!!!
now where is my drink?

Typical response...and it ONLY took 8 minutes, your good!
I guessed 12 minutes...beat me by 4!! :p :p

Hey, you have a choice in air travel. Don't like one? Go to another. Seems simple to me. It's the ranting about the little 'things'; it really is shallow. Merry Christmas, damn it! :)

Later,
Eye

Not that it matters, but I fly FL often. They will not however be my primary airline for one major reason. If for what ever reason you get stuck somewhere, you could be stuck for sometime. They have no interline to speak of.

With that said, they have good service, clean planes and for the most part on time. Yes their employess are younger and more energetic. While this is a positive, when things go wrong experience is what I would rather have.

FL gets my last minute travel and those trips that are simple out and backs. They do not get the multi leg trips because I can not afford to get hung up somewhere.

"Sweet Things" seat got given away. Unusual for me I asked for a supervisor and got a tall black woman name Marleena who said to me after

Hey Bob -- would you also use the term "short Caucasian man" when referring to a customer service employee??

Sadly you have again revealed your true attitudes. You should know better, especially for a sales trainer.

Both you and US1fare only want to look at 'sweet young things' on the plane?

I am embarrassed for you....

agreed l4pi. ua is for the more complicated trips. however, I need a carrier to get out of phl to bos and florida and atl as well as some other cities.

I am embarrassed for you....
don't be...you should concentrate your efforts on reading comprehension...dont u worry about me.

If FL and Midwest merged I'd be gone from US before DP could blink his eyes. Both fly the B717 which probably explains the Biz calss being/feeling smaller.
FL won't keep any of the good parts about Midwest around. The planes will be reconfigured to match FL's configuration. All of Midwest's great service will be gone.

But the fact that you would switch to Air Tran of all airlines says a LOT to me about US... yikes.

Not that it matters, but I fly FL often. They will not however be my primary airline for one major reason. If for what ever reason you get stuck somewhere, you could be stuck for sometime. They have no interline to speak of.

With that said, they have good service, clean planes and for the most part on time. Yes their employess are younger and more energetic. While this is a positive, when things go wrong experience is what I would rather have.

FL gets my last minute travel and those trips that are simple out and backs. They do not get the multi leg trips because I can not afford to get hung up somewhere.
I don't know if FL still does this, but they used to write a check to another carrier (usually DL) to put you on flight if yours was cancelled. I knew a guy who used to work for them who had boxes full of checks for this purpose.

Hey, you have a choice in air travel. Don't like one? Go to another. Seems simple to me. It's the ranting about the little 'things'; it really is shallow. Merry Christmas, damn it! :)

Later,
Eye

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I have to interject here that it is not "shallow" to go on about the "little" things. The little things are what make the difference. US provides transportation from point A to point B as well or better than any other airline in the United States. If that were the only criterion, SWA would be the only airline in this country.

What attracts the frequent flyers to one airline or another is the "little" things--a predeparture drink, a closet to hang expensive coats in, a better seat, boarding order. None of these things have anything to do with transportation from point A to point B. They have everything to do with premium ticket passengers choosing my airline or yours.

When I am working in First Class, I do a little something that a lot of f/as don't do. During takeoff, I memorize the F/C passengers' names. And, I use their name with every interaction with them including thanking them by name as they get off the a/c at their destination. (Main reason...because I CAN do it. I realize that not everyone can.) I know that when I was traveling all the time for Texaco, I appreciated that little extra effort of calling me by name from an airline's employees--well, from anyone's employees for that matter.

Nordstrom's is a PERFECT example of good customer service today. It's a no-cost item that brings in BIG dividends. The guy in the shoe department who has sold me 5 pairs of shoes over the last 5 years always comes over and speaks to me if he sees me anywhere near the shoe department. He doesn't always remember my name, but he will say "How are those Eccos working for you on the airplane?" He remembers the conversation about the fact that as a f/a I am on my feet all day everyday. He sold me my first pair of Eccos, and I have bought 5 pairs of Eccos from him since. (By the way, if you are on your feet a lot. Try Ecco. They ain't cheap, but oh my goodness. Like Buttah!)

Then if we follow your logic I guess I'm "A person of lard" or does "Dimensionally Challenged" work better for your PC arse??? :down: :down:

Finally, a PC phrase I can use to describe myself. A person of lard--I like that! :up: :up: :up: Thanks, Piney.

you got it. and that is why ua and aa continue to improve their premium product. us doesn't know what it is or who it wants as a customer.

u think ecco's are good? try a pair of mephistos!

You are a sputtering old fools and your reply confirms your ignorance.

Race and tight behinds have got nothing to do with customer service and you know it.

I could care less about political correct. I enjoy some redneck pleasures myself.

Enjoy the holidays!

You are a sputtering old fools and your reply confirms your ignorance.

Race and tight behinds have got nothing to do with customer service and you know it.

I could care less about political correct. I enjoy some redneck pleasures myself.

Enjoy the holidays!

I don't see why anybody in this thread needed to mention race or any physical descriptions (other than perhaps generic age descriptors). They have little to do with a person's function. Somebody's attitude is another question, but throwing in somebody's race when it doesn't seem to have any relevance makes you sound like my old white southern grandmother. (and I can't imagine a situation involving race needing to be used to describe a gate agent... unless it's a case like the white Southwest gate supervisor at JAX who got fired because black men always ended up on the bottom of the standby list when she was working)

Indeed they don't!

However in a country like Holland (My ancestural home BTW) where the number of dark skinned people is not nearly as common as here in the states, it was used as a clearly identifing descriptor.

<snip>

So think what you want. I deliberately posted the comment the way I did to bring people like you out for a joust. As for customer service, I don't give a rat's rear end if she was 497 pounds, 4'10", with a wart on the end of her nose and smelled like a cow pasture as long as they do right by the customer. Hell it's not like I want to marry them.

Sounds like you're desperately trying to rationalize your comment. So what if Holland is the origin of your ancestors. My ancestors are from Britain, and you don't see me calling people WOGs. You're not in Holland, you live in Jersey.

I fail to see the reason for posting the comment the way you did in order to bring out "people like you for a joust." Or maybe I'm just not drunk enough to get it. I'm sure there will be some biting reply from you that has little to do with the issue but more about providing excuses for your actions.