Jumping Ship....is it time?

That would be the big question. If you're right then I'm not so certain about a switch in that case.
When FL first announced the takeover, they said they would keep "some aspects of Midwest's Signature Service."

Buried in their plans it was revealed that they plan to convert all Midwest planes to a seating configuration matching that of Air Tran. In later media interviews, it was revealed that the aspects of Signature Service that Air Tran was planning on keeping were the baked onboard cookies. That's all. No good Buy-on-Board meals. No 2x2 seating. Just cookies. Whooptee-freaking-do.

I've flown Midwest. Not all of their flights have signature 2x2 seating. Even if they converted signature planes, FL's J class is very affordable, as good as if not better than US shorthaul flights, and less than what US charges. I'm not one who wants something for free. indeed, I pay A fares and Y/B fares to ensure FC seating. it has gotten to the point, however, that US charges way too much for what they offer. their Y product is getting worse as well, and I prefer to fly in first. So, even if FL made the changes suggested, they offer a biz class option that is affordable and decent for the price. would I fly FL in Y, probably not. but now because of what tempe is doing and not doing, FL is a real option for me. it was just one r/t flt...but I still was left with the impression that they are sort of like Avis...they try harder. no airline is perfect. lord know I've had my share of problems with DL, UA, and US....when u travel a lot, it is expected. BUT, it is how they respond to the problems that counts. Am I talking about vouchers? Not necessarily. I think I've received one voucher for a hundred bucks in the past 7 years...and I didn't even ask for it. I'm talking about actually listening to your customers and making changes to keep people loyal rather than running around with their almighty arrogance thinking that an unhappy customer should feel lucky to even get a response from an executive. I know the ritz carlton doesn't feel that way because I received a call from an executive there within a day of a complaint. and I went back to the hotel a year later and they made a change reflective of my complaint. I know that other companies do the same thing. they are in a customer service business and the smart ones realize that customers are necessary and sometimes you have to do certain things to keep them happy and that does not mean giving away the store. the ones that don't understand this concept are arrogant and are going to struggle to make money when their bread and butter customers walk away

I think it would be in Usairways best interest to change domestic first class into business class. The problem is they are charging for a first class product when the service is not first class. The big carriers are upgrading and enhancing the f/c experience while Usairways is degrading the experience but keeping their fares right up there with the rest. It make no sense. Do what southwest does and don't leave anything to be expected. For even the casual flyer who may choose Usairways over their normal choice would probably be disapointed with the service level and quality of goods. It's even more sad when some of our employees TRY and make reason for the cuts. We are making money, planes are full and fares are NOT low in many cases. You DON'T have to go to powdered creamer and stupid crap like that to save a dollar. The little things MOST CERTAINLY DO make a difference.

Gas stations and supermarkets stoped giving out green stamps long ago.
Airlines should do the same.
You dont see NYC mass transit giving out FF miles.

Now I do NOT see NYC mass transit giving out FF Miles, nor do I see them charging $900.00 last minute PHL-BUF either.

And for your information "Green Stamps" are alive and well thank you very much! S & H Greenpoints

So how does it feel to be WRONG twice in one post?

Very good! :up:

In fact, NYC Transit gives you a discount if you buy a Metrocard over $10 (buy 5 get one free), and they sell 7 day and 30 day all-you-can-ride passes.

The days of one ride = one token are over, but obviously they aren't going to award FF miles nor charge a fare that depends on when you buy it.

Gas stations and supermarkets stoped giving out green stamps long ago.
Airlines should do the same.
You dont see NYC mass transit giving out FF miles.
I think they should implement your plan immediately and you should be promoted...too bad the airline would go under before you had an opportunity to setup your cubicle.

Do East flights still not serve predeparture drinks? I have never been on a West flight to this day that I have not either been served a real predeparture drink (not just water), or seen FAs serving predeparture drinks if I am in coach. Come to think of it, I am usually served two or more predeparture drinks as I drink very quickly and the FA usually comes and asks if they can get me something more.

Why the inconsistency? I have heard that East served either water or nothing at all (usually in the A321), but I would have thought that by now they would make the policy consistent. Seems skeptical to me

It is hit or miss. one F/A on a 737 to PBI said we don't serv predeparture drinks, but three other times on the same route they did. For me it wasn't consistant on Hp either, especially if they are runnign ate and want to depart quickly. However in PHL on a recent ground delay the FA came by and gave us whatever we wanted.

I've flown Midwest. Not all of their flights have signature 2x2 seating.
BTW they announced today that their non-signature planes will be reconfigured with signature seating in the front and saver seating in the back. So all mainline planes will have 2x2 seating; some will be all of the plane and some will just be the front.

(They also announced they will contract Skywest for 15-25 CRJ200s for service. Hooray. Not)

I am disappointed about how you can only say US is so great by bashing a customer for being pleasantly surprised by the competition.

1.) Web sites should work. I book most of my flights online and many times on conference calls or in semi-public places at work and would prefer the privacy and simplicity of the website.. it is a very VALID concern
2.) Poor planes, bad configurations, penny pinching the Frequent fliers, and miles you can not use without paying double are bad. I do not care who you want to compare your product with, just give us a good product.

I value a customer who tells me I need to change instead of just leaving.

By the way...NOT everyone is making money, two that come to mind are FL and B6. Gee if FL is so great...how in the world are they losing money when the rest of us are making money! FL has pulled back growth and delayed aircraft orders. Must be those cheap fares and those chips and cookies you got that's costing them dearly. On your next terrible trip on LCC, stop up in the cockpit and introduce yourself by your board name, maybe I'll have the pleasure meeting you!

I do a lot of ranting, edited- PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE AN ENTIRE LENGHTY POST. THANKS-MOD.

Just got confirmation from UA on a status match. I have flown USAir for the past 4 years and CP the last two. this is going to be hard to abandon US since my home is near PHL. So I came up with a little plan. Mainline flights are on United, (even though I am going to have a layover) and RJ's are on US since they offer no service on RJ's I am not missing anything. Just book the US flight with my UA # and off I go. I have given them every oppertunity to "get their act together" and they have failed to deliver.

I am not stating the UA might be better, but I need to try them out. You never know, I may be pleasently suprised or disappointed as I am now.

I dont really have any issues with the website, since I use AMEX to book. I have problems with the qualitly of service, and the fact that I still have missing milage/segments from the website merger. After providing documentation, I am not going to make CP this year. Missing 12 segments from the merger, and 12 away from CP, with no more flights scheduled until 1/3/07, and its booked on united.

So much for customer service.

Sometimes its time to pack up shop and move on.
At least that is what I am going to try for 07. I have nothing to loose.

Now the sad part is, most 50% of my flights are RJ's so I will still be flying with them 50% of the time. Unless I go out of ABE and into Dulles for all my flights which is a real pain in the arse.

Did UA match US CP for UA 1K? Previously, they only matched to Exec Premier, which is still good.

I don't fly a lot of RJ flying, otherwise, I'd be on UA in a second. My problem is flying to FLA and BOS out of PHL.

I have considered flying out of ABE which is very doable for me. Why is that a pain?

;)
Did UA match US CP for UA 1K? Previously, they only matched to Exec Premier, which is still good.

I don't fly a lot of RJ flying, otherwise, I'd be on UA in a second. My problem is flying to FLA and BOS out of PHL.

I have considered flying out of ABE which is very doable for me. Why is that a pain?

Its not that its a pain to go into Dulles. Its a pain for me to get to ABE. I live at the tip of Mongomery County/Berks County, and it takes me (without traffic) 45 minutes to get to PHL. It would take almost 1.5 hours to get to ABE becasue of all the back roads out to the bypasses.

UA only matched me Premier Exec. Which is fine because I will not make CP on US becasue of the fiasco with the merger and missing credits. So to me its an even swap. With what I have lined up this year I will hit 1K by Q3 on UA, especially with now having to do layovers in either DIA, IAD, or ORD.

UA was happy to match me. They did it within 4 hours of faxing everything. I would have dome it months ago, but I figured I would end out the year with US.

And US employees, I am not bashing you. This was a comfort decision that took me months to decide. I enjoy flying US, I dont like the decisions management has made to exclude its most loyal people. From what I have been told by people in the club and on the US1 line, is the system is messed up and no one wants to admit it.

I play by the rules, most of my fligths are between 500-800RT booked from two weeks out to the morning of. I dont whine and cry when there are no upgrades available or when I am late to a meeting becasue of equipment or wether. Its all part of life. To me it didnt make sense that Silver and Golds were getting upgraded before CP's, and I am stuck in the middle seat on a 737/319 next to ma/pa traveler who could take up the entire row by themselves. If you (US management) are going to offer loyalties, make sure its to your most loyals.

At least with UA, I know what to expect going into this. Its not a guessing game or pot luck.

Call me a whiner or what you will, bottom line is there are plenty of companies out there who are willing to reward loyal customers. US seems to overlook this in a lot of ways and when they take the blinders off, they may be in for a rude awakining.

Unless that is their business model. Piss everyone off so we dont have an US1,2,3,4's and we then can get rid of F/C and be the other greyhound in the sky. ;)