A319 Interiors

jcw

Veteran
Aug 12, 2004
Anyone have a time line when the interior mods to the LUS A319's will begin converting to LAA layout

jcw said:
Anyone have a time line when the interior mods to the LUS A319's will begin converting to LAA layout
AFAIK not until we have a JCBA. We will also be installing sharklets on the LUS airframes.

There are internet rumours that N821AW was converted to 8F/120Y with MCE and in-seat power earlier this month. Don't know the timetable for completing all of them, but easily a two-year process, as they're getting all-new interiors and seats.

dvlhog212 said:
AFAIK not until we have a JCBA. We will also be installing sharklets on the LUS airframes.
all of them? 

i ask because for most older A32S that is one hell of a job(basically rebuilding the outer 6-8ft of the wing IIRC) 

Some of the A319 interiors are in sorry shape, especially the ones 10+ years old.  They need a good refresh.

AA already stated it has started. No mention of sharklets. However, they are NOT installing in seat video. On a side note, they did recently admit that the AA version is crap for personal comfort. They claim that they are studying options to fix it. They claim that there are options that can help make it better.

all of them? 

i ask because for most older A32S that is one hell of a job(basically rebuilding the outer 6-8ft of the wing IIRC)
Idk about "all" of them, but our Airbus rep tells us that work is in the pipeline to retrofit LUS with the sharklets. He says it will be mostly plug-n-play. So I would guess that is on the newer LUS aircraft. We were also told we would be configuring the LUS to match LAA new delivery Airbus cabins. That work can not begin until we have a JCBA as I understand it. Of course I will believe it when the airplanes taxi onto the ramp here at ol` DWH.

How does a contract impact the type of cabin interiors are put on a plane

How does a contract impact the type of cabin interiors are put on a plane
I`m referring to working on LUS aircraft. We at DWH (LAA) will not be doing any LUS work until we have a JCBA.

It's begun. The flight service website has pictures. The first class seats are different to what AA has had. The tray table is different as it is now in the outside armrest as opposed to the center console and looks to lock inside of it. Also, the outer armrests move up and down and are solid. The power outlet is in the back of the center console under the armrest. The coach seats get 2 power outlets per 3 seats and it is located on the seat leg frame of the row in front of you. So I hope people bring long cords. Also, the first completed aircraft came out November 9th. They claim completion is set for July 2016. A whole 8 months from now. At that rate , the A319 will be done before the JCBA that supposedly has to happen before the reconfiguration that is currently ongoing can start.

Reactions: 2 people
It's begun. The flight service website has pictures. The first class seats are different to what AA has had. The tray table is different as it is now in the outside armrest as opposed to the center console and looks to lock inside of it. Also, the outer armrests move up and down and are solid. The power outlet is in the back of the center console under the armrest. The coach seats get 2 power outlets per 3 seats and it is located on the seat leg frame of the row in front of you. So I hope people bring long cords. Also, the first completed aircraft came out November 9th. They claim completion is set for July 2016. A whole 8 months from now. At that rate , the A319 will be done before the JCBA that supposedly has to happen before the reconfiguration that is currently ongoing can start.
Thanks for the info. We were told this work was the justification for adding the 106 heads from TAESL to DWH. You are correct that that it looks like the work will be done long before a JCBA is reached for the lowly AMT. Do you happen to know where the work is being done? Thx.

8310551_orig.png

9873956_orig.png

http://www.thefirstpoints.com/the-blog/usair-a319s-to-see-new-interiors

Reactions: 2 people
Those are the bulkhead seats and potentially the exit rows. In the regular seats the power ports are on the row in front. The F/C seats look cheap and uncomfortable. Tray table is in the outer armrests and power ports are under the center armrests in the very back. So essentially behind you. Not sure if the armrest can be lowered while the power port is in use. May crimp your power cord.