A330-200 Envoy updates?

Since the deliveries are to be put on hold I wonder if the company will do the upgrades to the A330-300 sooner. It would be nice to see the current A330 fleets video system upgraded, slim seats in coach installed with the new pods in envoy. I know I'm dreaming. :rolleyes:

I got to test out LH's new Y seats when I was in FRA at a LH event a few weeks ago. They are slimline seats with I believe 32" of pitch, and a cut-out in the knee area so that when the person in front reclines, the cutout still leaves room for your knees. I sat in a middle seat and had somebody sit in front of me and recline back. I could absolutely tell the difference. If I had to fly longhaul in Y-, I would want either these seats, or the pod seats where the recliner is the one who gets smooshed.

Out of curiosity, since I cannot remember if this was ever posted: Do the new 332's have the gosh-awful IFE boxes underneath the seats?

I'm almost positive the boxes are under the floor freeing up the space. Those boxes coupled with the decreased seat pitch make our current a330-300 seats individual torture chambers.

Looks like 282 flew PHL-SJU today as US1071.
What is the return flight?
And when will ship 282 begin international service?

Does anybody know when will US airways update the envoy seat maps for TLV? I e-mailed them and the told me that my flight in May will have the new envoy suites!

Does anybody know when will US airways update the envoy seat maps for TLV?

I don't know the answer to that, but SeatGuru is reasonably accurate for the Envoy cabin on the 332's. If you do have the new seats, version 2 shows them. What SeatGuru doesn't show is the pilot rest compartment that I understand is right behind the cockpit - the newest delivery supposedly has that. For the TLV flight, there will still be one Envoy seat blocked as a pilot rest seat since 4 pilots are required and 2 will be "off duty" at the same time.

Jim

I think the new envoy cabin/seats looks fantastic. :up: I just hope with the slowdown of deliveries they focus on upgrading the fleet to have some sort of commonality.

Back