A330-200 Envoy updates?

I really love the look of these pods, but there is one potential negative. These seats don't appear to have adjustable headrests, which could be a problem for us tall folk. I hope I'm wrong!

Sally I am tall- no one thinks of us. Look at the bright side. The little light looks like Spock or Dr. McCoy are about to analyze something thought it. Total Star Trek. I can't wait for the first person to try and talk into it to order something. Retro is so in.

Well speaking of Star Trek it sure is lightyears ahead of the A330-300, 767 or 757 envoy experience. It's no Etihad or Emerites but it sure is nice. What is the total length of the seat when flat?

There's a TR on Flyertalk from a passenger who flew in a new Envoy suite to LHR last night. The summary is a HUGE thumbs up for the hard product, but an even huger thumbs DOWN for the soft product (i.e. flight attendants' overall attitudes).

It seemed like there was a lot of stress at the gate prior to departure because the aircraft was not provided the necessary amenities, like basic glassware for example. There was also the impression that the crew had not been given any kind of orientation or training on the new cabin(s)/suites. Certainly that makes for a rocky start, and probably raised the level of stress on the crew. Realizing that this ship just arrived a week or two ago (into PIT), is there a plan to train the crews on all the nuances of the suites? Is there any other possible reason that the passenger of the FT trip report would have gotten such a sour taste in his/her mouth from apparently bad service? Did anyone on the crew on that LHR flight also fly it to SJU this week?

Not one flight attendant on the line has been trained on how the new Envoy suite works. I just picked up an alert bulletin on differences and some info about the seat operations. This is the norm around here yet you'll be lead to believe that ALL airlines operate like this. :rolleyes: Top it off with flight attendants working the LHR flight who are at the point of exhaustion from working so much they come across as rude. They have NO desire to actually BE there serving. They couldn't care if that cabin had Persian rugs, genie lamps and thrones. Not to mention who's sitting in them. Sad to say. <_<

I was on the PHL-LHR new Envoy flight Friday night. I agree the pods are wonderful, I have posted as much on the above referenced FlyerTalk thread. But I have also posted a different opinion of the FAs I came in contact with. I would have been downright cranky confronted by a surprise "new workplace" for an overnight shift", I think the FAs did well under the circumstances.

Top it off with flight attendants working the LHR flight who are at the point of exhaustion from working so much they come across as rude. They have NO desire to actually BE there serving. They couldn't care if that cabin had Persian rugs, genie lamps and thrones. Not to mention who's sitting in them. Sad to say. <_<

TP, I'm a bit confused here. Could you explain "working so much"? I'm trying to understand if our service has changed for LHR specific that there is much more to do. Or is that in reference to f/a's working more because of a concessionary contract?

Regardless, this isn't the customer's problem. I'm no more happy than the next person that I have to work more to make up for cuts, but that is NO excuse for indifference or rudeness. Our f/a's have ALWAYS put an importance on letting the customer know their misery...no class at all. This has been going on as long as I have been here (23 yrs). Our f/a's need to realize that the customer could care less about your troubles. Just do your job!! (not you personally).

When I read how tired our f/a's are, it makes me sick!! Try working 9-5 M-F with an expectation to come in early and leave late. Try having a boss within ear shot on you 8 hrs a day!! Try only two weeks off a year!! Try the same old same old routine every day.

If our f/a's want to fly 110 hrs, that is THEIR choice, but the customer shouldn't pay with the wrath of a f/a that either needs major therapy or a 12 step program.

Yes the ref was in general due to the f/a's working under this horrid contract. They do take it out on the customer in one way or the other. Ok for instance, just finished a trip and the A did not serve a pre departure drink one time. Not even once. Why? During regular operations, running on time and plenty of break in the action why do f/a's thing it's "their call" to not do one? The best was she sipped coffee during boarding. NICE! ! ! ! I don't feel it's the customers fault at all. Then she made the comment that "they only fill f/c with trash" anymore. Let me say that I had about as little in common with this woman as one could have. She was unreal. Ok so let's tie this into the A330 thread. Passengers will experience this new Envoy cabin while being served (if you call it that) by f/a's less than pleasant. You have your good apples no doubt but MANY are just a pain in the rear and overall weird.

What a shame, TP. I know things are far from perfect, but I did explore other possibilities and I saw what the other side was like very quickly. No thanks. I have to say that experience has made me a nicer person and a much better f/a.

I think many others should explore and experience the same thing. Maybe we'd have flight attendants that were a little nicer to their passengers who pay their check. I'm not saying that a f/a should be a company kiss up but their union/management issues should NOT transcend into their work. Treat customers like you'd like to be treated.

Yes the ref was in general due to the f/a's working under this horrid contract. They do take it out on the customer in one way or the other. Ok for instance, just finished a trip and the A did not serve a pre departure drink one time. Not even once. Why? During regular operations, running on time and plenty of break in the action why do f/a's thing it's "their call" to not do one? The best was she sipped coffee during boarding. NICE! ! ! ! I don't feel it's the customers fault at all. Then she made the comment that "they only fill f/c with trash" anymore. Let me say that I had about as little in common with this woman as one could have. She was unreal. Ok so let's tie this into the A330 thread. Passengers will experience this new Envoy cabin while being served (if you call it that) by f/a's less than pleasant. You have your good apples no doubt but MANY are just a pain in the rear and overall weird.

It's how many seats? 8-16 depending on a domestic US plane. I would of gone in the galley,set-up, and served the drinks myself. When she ask what I was doing, I would of told her your part of the job. I have no problem stepping around what my position entails for others laziness.

I have to say every major airline Flight Attendants, US,CO,AA,NWA/DL,UAL, are all working under concessionary contracts. It sucks, but considering the unique situation US was in just a few short years ago. I'll take that shitty contract that can be made better, then no airline at all. Just my opinion....

Just a little suggestion on how we do things at CO that might make it easier for all of you and something to suggest. The lead works in coach at the top of the cart so that he/she has the option to break away at anytime without service interruptions. During boarding the lead greets and does the p/a's, position B or 01 is the first class galley and aisle f/a on the smaller 3 crew jets. This way first class always has a dedicated person, for boarding and in-flight. The C or 02 is back galley and works the aisle during boarding on min crew. It seems to be a perfect fit no matter how small or big the plane is. just a small suggestion. :up:

BTW, the new product looks AMAZING. I'd be proud to work on that plane.

I think many others should explore and experience the same thing. Maybe we'd have flight attendants that were a little nicer to their passengers who pay their check. I'm not saying that a f/a should be a company kiss up but their union/management issues should NOT transcend into their work. Treat customers like you'd like to be treated.
What the hell does this have to do with envoy? Maybe u should start a lets bash my fellow co-workers thread.

What the hell does this have to do with envoy? Maybe u should start a lets bash my fellow co-workers thread.

Well if you read ALL the post, you would know. He wasn't bashing employees. He was responding to another thread that was responding to the rudeness of many of our employees. Maybe in your little world, everything is perfect in US Airways Land, but we have too many rude employees who have the potential of making new seats come across as nothing but new seats with the same crappy service topped with the fact that the f/a's weren't trained on the new product in the first place.

Back