AA and Eagle!

I wonder if the American Eagle maintenance can be performed at TUL?

Do you guys have free dock space?

Would it be more cost effective for American to do it as opposed to lower paid Eagle guys? It's all about the money remember. I doubt you are going to be able to convince them to give the maintenance to you unless they get a significant return somehow.

I wonder why AMR wanted to double the ASM cap in the TWU contracts if all new flying wil go to A/A?

Historically AMR has pushed the Eagle fleet to the limits of SCOPE. They have fought in court to get more CRJ's. They even had the 140's purpose built to skirt the SCOPE clause. I wonder why now, with them able to get significant relaxations through the court system, are they dismantling the regional feed system that Eagle is.

It seems strange to me.

Historically, fuel was a lot cheaper, and smaller RJ's made some sense. Not so much anymore.

Since the scope clauses are likely to no longer exist in their current form, it's probably a moot point, but I see efforts at raising the ASM cap being a way to put more seats into markets already being served, as opposed to having to stay at sub-optimal frequencies due to being right at the limit.

The 70 seaters are one example, but being able to operate more frequencies with the 50 seaters is another. In some markets, it's better to have four or five 50 seat frequencies thru the day, versus two 130 seat ops or three 70 seat ops only in the peak hours.

Looking forward, it still might make sense to offer something like a Q400 instead of the 50 seat RJ, and the ASM cap as-is would still be an issue.

Latest posts