AA drops MRTC, while JB adds it

----------------
On 7/5/2003 2:05:28 PM Diesel8 wrote:

"The removal of row 27 has been on he drawing board before the W/C and the new FAA weights. As far as transcons, one could easily cap the number of pax and leave the seats in. The wt and balance is not that big an issue, on a day to day basis."

The seats are weightless.

"Pax loves more room, now you can get it and a low fare, sounds pretty good!"

You have a BELF of over 70%. Sure, all the majors are looking at even higher BELF''s but that''s because of service cutbacks and decline in business travel. Look at other "LCC''s" to see what BELF should be. your''s is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than SWA, FRNT, Valudeath, ect. So the "right" answer is to pull out seats and make the BELF even HIGHER?!

"As far as AA being as cheap as B6, that would be a somewhat wrong statement. AA is as cheap as jetBlue, but only on selected routes, the ones that they compete on, otherwise, AA still charges a hefty premium.
Have not checked lately, but I would think AA to LAX is more than AA to LGB."

If Mcdonalds sells a 1/4 pounder for $1 and Wendy''s sells a 1/4 pounder for a buck, assuming I want a 1/4 pounder, why do I care what a bowl of chili cost?

Kudo''s for your loyalty, but this can''t be construed as good news IMHO.
----------------​

No, the seats are not weightless, but for all purposes, if you leave them empty, it does not make much diffrence wt wise.

As far as BELF, I have faith, that the company has crunched the numbers and found that even with more room, the numbers still add up. Otherwise, why offer more service, if its cost prohibitive. I have to believe, that they are smarter than that. No reason so far, not to think, that they have their eye firmly on the ball!

No, about the burger, perhaps not, but it does make one wonder, how long AA can maintain that fare. Either, the 299 fare is what it cost AA to fly that leg, in which case they are crying wolf for nothing, or they need more to break even, in which case, they will perhaps quit like they did in OAK. AA is not only competing with B6, they are even competing with themselves. That could not be god in the long run.