AA Non-Rev benefits

Hello! I was just curious as to the non-rev benefits for AA employees. If someone could please touch on the following topics I would appericate it! I am still hoping to get the call from Dallas!!!

- Is domestic free? If not, what are the service charges.
- Same question as above, but for international.
- Upgrades for domestic or international?
- I was told during my interview that I would be classified as Management Level 1 (intern). I was told I would have D2 benefits. Any comments on what all that means?
- Can loads be checked on Jetnet? What is the boarding priority? Is it done by date of hire or the time the employee checked in?
- This may be a hard one or impossible to answer, but the closest airport to me is BDL, while BOS and PVD aren't far away. Any comments/suggestions on which AA hubs (meaning the big five and then the smaller ones like BOS, etc.) are the best to non-rev to/from.

Thank you all so much and I really appericate it!

Hello! I was just curious as to the non-rev benefits for AA employees. If someone could please touch on the following topics I would appericate it! I am still hoping to get the call from Dallas!!!

- Is domestic free? If not, what are the service charges.
- Same question as above, but for international.
- Upgrades for domestic or international?
- I was told during my interview that I would be classified as Management Level 1 (intern). I was told I would have D2 benefits. Any comments on what all that means?
- Can loads be checked on Jetnet? What is the boarding priority? Is it done by date of hire or the time the employee checked in?
- This may be a hard one or impossible to answer, but the closest airport to me is BDL, while BOS and PVD aren't far away. Any comments/suggestions on which AA hubs (meaning the big five and then the smaller ones like BOS, etc.) are the best to non-rev to/from.

Thank you all so much and I really appericate it!

Welcome to the forum. Although I am working for AA for over 2 years now I think I have gained enough experience to answer your questions.

First of all,if your senority is less than five years old you have to pay the taxes on the ticket and also a small service charge when flying in first, business and economy.After five years your economy class is free. This applies to both domestic and international.

Secondly, upgrades can happen if economy class is sold out and there is room in first/business. At this point the agent my ask you if you want to sit in front and you should always dress appropriately in order to sit in first or busineess so be prepared.

Thirdly, there are three non rev levels D1, D2 and D3. D1 and D2 are usually employees, registered companions and dependents. They have piority over the D3 pax that are usually friends or relatives. Therefore most people like myself usually use D1 when travelling on heavy or overbooked flights, however you are only allowed 4 D1 oneway passes a year.

loads can be checked on jetnet by going to the trip planner area. In this area you select the flights and dates and times of your most desired flights to see how many pax are booked and how may non revs are listed.Boarding is done by placing the confirmed pax on first. Then the revenue stand bys which include people who have misconnected and those who were not booked on that particualar day but still turned up to get on the flight. After that D1T (those pax who are D1 who have orginated elsewhere) are called, then the D1 pax called, then the D2T, D2 and D2P(parents) are called,D3T and D3 are called and then those who are using ZED fares (mainly other airline employees)are usually at the bottom of the list.Your piority on the list is based on first come first serve basis when checking in.

In terms of which airports are the best to non rev from I would suggest staying away from the large AA hubs such as DFW especially if who are travelling during peak periods. Try small stations such as ATL, IAD, RDU etc since they don't seemed to be that many non revs to compete with at those stations.

I hope I have answered your questions and I want to wish you all the best in your new job and I hope you make the best of those travel privalages.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! :D

I have worked for an airline before so I am somewhat familar with NRSA, but you answered all of my questions! THANKS!

So can I give you an example of a flight and could you tell me what the cost would be for Economy?

Say I wanted to do BDL-RDU? BDL-LAS?

THANKS a million!

Just a few clarifications.

5 years service, coach domestic is free but Intl is not. You can stand-by for what ever class you choose. There is no “upgradeâ€￾ per ce (sp?) just depends on what class you want and what is open at time of dept. If you are dressed for F class but listed for Y, the agent can/may ask if you want F, if you accept, you will be charged the appropriate fee.

Good luck.

One more quick question...

If you list for F, but all that is avail is Y are you automatically given Y or is there a relisting required?

===========================================================

NO relisting required !!

In ANY non rev decesion that you make(hope for), it is governed by "when you check-in for the flight", WHICH, can be NO EARLIER than "4" Hours before "scheduled" departure(NOT actual departure, for say, a delayed flight)

NH/BB's

===========================================================

NO relisting required !!

In ANY non rev decesion that you make(hope for), it is governed by "when you check-in for the flight", WHICH, can be NO EARLIER than "4" Hours before "scheduled" departure(NOT actual departure, for say, a delayed flight)
NH/BB's

Also the 4 hour window for checkin can be done online if you are flying domestic. If you are flying on company business the window for checkin is something like 12 to 14 hours before, not sure exactly

There is one thing you should also note, if you give any of your passes to d3's especially international, check for embargos, this holds true especially in the summer to Europe and Hawaii, also note that it actually my be cheaper to have your d3 buy a ticket, I noticed this my self on sabre, ie its actually cheaper to buy a ticket from JFK to LHR, not by much but your d3's don't have to worry, they have comfirmed seats there and back.

Another thing.....first class or business on a three-class route is much more expensive than on two-class routes. Always check before you list.

I'm suprised interns get full flight benefits.

Interns are the perfect airline employee. They work for free just so they can get flight benefits. Which our new intern will probably find to be worthless. Especially after the newbie get stranded a few times and have to buy a ticket home so they don't get fired because they got bumped.