AA widebodies in STL starting tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
[P][STRONG][FONT color=#666666 size=3]AA widebodies in STL starting tomorrow[/FONT][/STRONG][/P]
[P][STRONG][FONT color=#666666 size=3][/FONT][/STRONG] [/P]
[P]As well as more STL furloughs announced, mine included.[/P]
[P]Enjoy Hawaii.[/P]
[P] [/P]

It always been a AAers dream to fly STL-HNL. APFA was and is still working to make it possible for ISL to fly there current trips. AA on the other hand, doesnt want to do that. I have no idea why. It could possibly save a layoff, get more people triained, allow for more leaves. It would be a benefit to all. The way it is now its a benefit to no one.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/1/2002 9:24:33 AM MiAAmi wrote:

TWA007,

Its not up to APFA when you get trained on AA equipment. AA could train you whenever they feel like it. And even if you were cross trained you would still be the most junior f/a's. Where do you see that you are saving jobs? There are not any AA F/A's based at STL other than the first class of cross trained. If they transfered a bunch of TWA'ers to one of the current AA bases then furloughed them then that would be different. I'm still worried about future furloughs to come. And as far as everyones dream to fly to HNL, well I guess you must know something we don't. To be honest with you its that STL-OMA flight I always dreamed of flying.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Aloha MiAAmi,

You are right. It is up to AA and you can see that it is really a cost factor. Yes it doesnt matter were TWA'ers, (I hope some day we can stop using that and we are all just AA F/As), are they are the must junior. Im worried too. I used to be near number 1 for recall but the list keeps getting bigger. Im waiting for AMR to drop the other shoe.

Well in the dead of a ORD winter a little sunshine would be nice, but the steaks in OMA are the best.

Aloha,

First the AA F/As take over all of TWAs flights in NYC. There were enough flights there to keep over 1500 TWA F/As there. Now we will see the same happen at STL. AMR, along with APFA, would like to see all of the TWA F/As on the street. APFA wants to, as Mike puts it, to save its own, memebers. AMR wants to get rid of the bottom heavy TWA LLC.

This is the first time in aviation history that the must junior of a workforce is also the most expensive. How convinent. The distorted seniority imposed on the TWA F/As, by APFA, and agreed to by AMR, has the highest paid F/As on the bottom of the seniority list. Isnt it interesting that the only base to be really shrinking is STL. Why is STL taking such a hit and bases like MIA growing? First AA F/As take over all of TWA LLC Intl. Then the regionals take over Dom.. Wait till the next round of lay offs. Why did you think that AA & APFA delayed the mergering of the lists? Keeping all the TWA LLC F/As in STL makes it easier to furlough them as they have no where else to go. I think we will see a whole lot of AA Metal going thru STL.

Any AA F/A who thinks that the purchase of TWA was not of any benefit to them or AA, should thank the TWA F/As for saving their jobs. Nice to have 4000 F/As instantly junior to you and fly their flights. Nice cushion.

ALOHA, 007

If its a dream for you. Doesnt mean its a dream for us. My friend just left international. He was junior and always stuck flying HNL. On top of the fact its not the dream trip you think. The bases covering the trip for the time being. Doesnt get it as a 2 day. Its a 3 day. With a layover in STL. Oh Yea sign us all up.

I wonder what the senior people will bid? The 2 day from DFW or the 3 day through STL. Hmm.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/1/2002 8:37:07 AM FA Mikey wrote:

It always been a AAers dream to fly STL-HNL. APFA was and is still working to make it possible for ISL to fly there current trips. AA on the other hand, doesnt want to do that. I have no idea why. It could possibly save a layoff, get more people triained, allow for more leaves. It would be a benefit to all. The way it is now its a benefit to no one.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Aloha Mike,

Good morning. Its all about the bottom line & bottom of seniority. See above. I think it is most F/As dream to have HNL layovers.

ALOHA, 007

TWA007,

Its not up to APFA when you get trained on AA equipment. AA could train you whenever they feel like it. And even if you were cross trained you would still be the most junior f/a's. Where do you see that you are saving jobs? There are not any AA F/A's based at STL other than the first class of cross trained. If they transfered a bunch of TWA'ers to one of the current AA bases then furloughed them then that would be different. I'm still worried about future furloughs to come. And as far as everyones dream to fly to HNL, well I guess you must know something we don't. To be honest with you its that STL-OMA flight I always dreamed of flying.

TWAFA007: were TWA'ers, I hope some day we can stop using that and we are all just AA F/As.

Mike says: Yes we are. Maybe we could say those who are, vs those who are not suing AA and APFA. Would that be a better way of putting it?

You believe that the most junior are the highest paid. I dont see how. After year 15 we all make the same. So anyone with about seniority number of 12,000 will be making the same as the newer ex TW f/a's.

Mike is right. I would say that most AA F/A's don't care where they fly as long as the trip max's their time per days flying. What really goes senior here are the trips that give you the most days off. Although HNL and OGG have sun and beachs, you can get that all over the Caribbean. FL and CA with alot more time per day. Don't get me wrong I like Hawaii for layovers but not something I would bid all month if the trip caused me to give up days off.

Status
Not open for further replies.