Aa's Big Announcement On Feb, 2005

What do you feel will be a.a.'s big announcement???

Buy on board, it starts Feb. 1.

I guess this is a big announcement, though I can't remember the last time I was in coach and got a meal, nor can I remember the last time I was sitting in coach and wanted a coach class meal.

jimntx said:
Not really as funny as you seem to think it is. A lot of very good airline people with a lot of years of experience lost their jobs. Besides, the TWA certificate was surrendered to the FAA in September (not sure about the date, but it was this year). There is no TWA to spin off. Every single a/c and employee is now on the AA certificate.
[post="234311"][/post]​
The TWA employees who got laid off are not on the AA certificate.A quick look at a seniority list can comfirm this.

acmech said:
The TWA employees who got laid off are not on the AA certificate.A quick look at a seniority list can comfirm this.
[post="234344"][/post]​
I don't know what list you are referring to. ALL of the former TW flight attendants are eligible for recall only to American Airlines. Seniority lists have nothing to do with the fact that there is no TWA anymore.

For there to be a TWA, someone would have to start at square one and apply for a certificate from the FAA.

Oneflyer said:
Buy on board, it starts Feb. 1.

I guess this is a big announcement, though I can't remember the last time I was in coach and got a meal, nor can I remember the last time I was sitting in coach and wanted a coach class meal.
[post="234338"][/post]​

Can't be Buy on Board. The press release announcing BOB is dated 17DEC04. FYI, a friend who worked some of the test flights says that the meals are quite good and substantially cheaper than buying the equivalent meal from an airport vendor.

He said the only complaint about the meals was that they were not catered full, and they ran out every flight by about the 10th row in coach.

jimntx said:
I don't know what list you are referring to. ALL of the former TW flight attendants are eligible for recall only to American Airlines. Seniority lists have nothing to do with the fact that there is no TWA anymore.

For there to be a TWA, someone would have to start at square one and apply for a certificate from the FAA.
[post="234354"][/post]​
<_< Your totally correct about the Certificate! But a.a. still owns the rights to the TWA name and logo! They could try and cash in on what's left of it's brand reconistion by using it as , say, as a low cost carrier??? Domestic, or International? TWA had some lucrative routes to Isreal, and the mid-east, which a.a., for obvious reasons, will not fly!!!But alass, I don't think presant management has the stomach for such things!!!!Too bad, would be interesting!

MCI transplant said:
<_< Your totally correct about the Certificate! But a.a. still owns the rights to the TWA name and logo! They could try and cash in on what's left of it's brand reconistion by using it as , say, as a low cost carrier??? Domestic, or International? TWA had some lucrative routes to Isreal, and the mid-east, which a.a., for obvious reasons, will not fly!!!But alass, I don't think presant management has the stomach for such things!!!!Too bad, would be interesting!
[post="234384"][/post]​

Despite its rich history, TWA no longer has any brand recognition. The travelling public has the memory and the attention span of a three year old child.

StraaightTaalk said:
Dispite its rich history, TWA no longer has any brand recognition. The travelling public has the memory and the attention span of a three year old child.
[post="234497"][/post]​
<_< My previous speculation was just that! A wild one at best! As for Brand recontion! You may be right! But then again, maybe not!!!!

MCI transplant said:
<_< My previous speculation was just that! A wild one at best! As for Brand recontion! You may be right! But then again, maybe not!!!!
[post="234501"][/post]​
<_< The point I wanted to make is that there is a vary lucrative untaped market in the middle east!!! The TWA brand is, or was, known there! Because of the current political situation, obviously a.a. couldn't fly there! Maybe not even TWA! But it's something to consider!

MCI transplant said:
<_< The point I wanted to make is that there is a vary lucrative untaped market in the middle east!!! The TWA brand is, or was, known there! Because of the current political situation, obviously a.a. couldn't fly there! Maybe not even TWA! But it's something to consider!
[post="234502"][/post]​

Maybe in 10 or 20 years when and if all the problems are over, AA can fly there.

aafsc said:
Maybe in 10 or 20 years when and if all the problems are over, AA can fly there.
[post="234509"][/post]​
<_< No, I don't think so! a.a. brefly considered it right after the buyout, but understandably couldn't see an a.a. Aircraft flying into Saudia Arabia! And that was Carty and Co., not our presant management. TWA had a close relationship with Saudia Airlines! It helped found. I know quit a few people who worked under contract there for quit a few years.

MCI transplant said:
<_< No, I don't think so! a.a. brefly considered it right after the buyout, but understandably couldn't see an a.a. Aircraft flying into Saudia Arabia! And that was Carty and Co., not our presant management. TWA had a close relationship with Saudia Airlines! It helped found. I know quit a few people who worked under contract there for quit a few years.
[post="234560"][/post]​

I remember that some ex-EAL mechanics went over there to work after the strike in 1989.

MCI transplant said:
<_< My previous speculation was just that! A wild one at best! As for Brand recontion! You may be right! But then again, maybe not!!!! The..east!!! The...there! Maybe...consider!...ect
[post="234502"][/post]​

Hey! MCI! What's with all the exclaimation points? ! ! !

Latest posts