Advertisements on Barf Bags

Who cares?
Like someone already said, they usually are used for used-up gum, anyway.
Gum advertising would be the way to go!
Anything that helps up post a profit is OK by me.
The more money the New USAirways generates, the better my contract will be.
Folks said the same things about the tray-table ads when we started those, and actually, they turned out to be a good thing!
Incidentally, I haven't seen any in the last couple months.
Tacky?
Snap out of it.
Have you seen the traveling public lately?

And, I'm all for NASCAR style sponsorship.
Look at all the free stuff WN crews got from Coke.

So the crews will now have a fashionable bag to make their perfect mini 6pack in? Now THAT is awesome. Have you seen someone try and puke in one of those things? It's like trying to aim it into the top of a freaking shoe. Throw them a trashbag would ya? :blink: Like someone else said.....if it brings in revenue. It's not like we'll really see them. They are hidden in the seat pockets and will be stolen. Half the time you can't even find one. Ya know, for when a passenger gets sick. Not to put your mini's in. Yeah thats it when a passenger gets sick. :lol:

you need to read the manual....pages 12, 36, 85, 109, and 845....LCC stands for LOW CLASS carrier

I really don't care if putting ads in the barf bag is low class. As long as the company is generating revenue and I get a paycheck and the airline stays alive, I don't care! Other airlines have been calling Southwest tacky, but you know what? Their system works and they generate revenue! So don't knock it.

Thank You For Flying Billboard Air
Paul Maidment, 07.19.06, 4:30 PM ET
<SNIP>
US Airways probably got the idea from America West (nyse: AWA - news - people ), with which it merged last year. America West pioneered tray table advertising along with selling in-flight meals--adding insult to injury so to speak.
Ah HA!

More fuel for the senseless pyre of rage that burns deep within my soul.

My whole thing with this is yes it's a bit of a stretch advdertising on a barf bag or excuse me a "sicksack" but does this REALLY need to make the news? Good grief, I read the article in the Post Gazette today and it went on and on. PEOPLE it's a GD barfbag. Half the time they are not even in the seatback pockets. Now they will become collectors items just as quick as the seatbelt extensions. I really couldn't care less where they advertise. It's a tacky crowd for the most part so it fits. Let's remember that we all know its the subway of the skies now so why not advertise like one. I say get rid of the seatback pocket and the stupid a$$ magaziine altogether and we'd alleviate the personal trash can. Put the safety on the back of the tray table like Ryan Air.

OK, since I don't fly SWA can someone tell me if they sell ads on the barf bags or tray tables?

Ryan Air does all that and more, Overhead bin doors are not immune at Ryan.

No ads on WN barf bags on tray tables.

I've flown them a few times - not bad. They were my savior for getting out of a messy non-rev day in California. I bought a walk-up ticket on WN to get the heck out of town. Best $98 I ever spent.