Aeroman MRO San Salvador

The 737 group will be informed as to the result of their "bid", to keep the work in house around this coming Monday.
So the 737 business unit will be treated as an MRO and if we don't make money we're finished? Who sets the benchmarks, Aeroman, Timco, whoever?

It appears Aeroman may be in contention for AA's narrowbody work considering their expansion and the 737 managers recent fears that our airframe work may be in jeopardy (line, hold down the applause). From what I've seen they appear to be the real deal, a young energetic workforce eager to make above median wages, less restrictive safety standards, and a strict work environment with no union interference. You can bet they are all held accountable.
Don't put it pass SWA to try and get at least 2 more lines of maint. down there. SWA originally wanted 6 lines from the start. I believe they are doing 4 currently. I would be willing to bet that SWA attempts to get more than they were allotted originally.

The 737 group will be informed as to the result of their "bid", to keep the work in house around this coming Monday. No matter how much the line wants it farmed out. I was told today that there is a very good chance that the company will accept the bid. The "request for information" was sent out to the MRO's, which will inform the company of the capabilities of those MRO's.

Hey Buck, it's obvious Birdbrain is just trying to ruffle some feathers with his 'line ' reference. I've chosen to stay mostly on the outside looking in over the last year or so on the Forum to observe and learn. I appreciate your contribution to all the topics that you've participated but I gotta tell ya that this divisive issue of line wishing for outsourcing could'nt be further from the truth. 20+ yrs line @ ORD and I will only say that our primary beef is with the abuses of the 'roll call vote' practiced in the past, mostly by Birds..t. Most of us recognize the skills practiced by other tradesmen in the M&E group and unfortunately any of you who chose not to obtain your A and P while choosing a maintenance career in aviation will now be sweating it. Believe me buddy, I wish you guys no ill will and know many of my coworkers feel the same. Keep up the pressure on your TWU reps.

The line versus OH was started by certain Line mechanics that insisted on dividing the membership over line pay and Geo pay. Many users from OH held that it was reasonable to considered these premiums. The line mechanics continually pushed the demise of base maintenance, which brought on the retaliatory jabs.

The line versus OH was started by certain Line mechanics that insisted on dividing the membership over line pay and Geo pay. Many users from OH held that it was reasonable to considered these premiums. The line mechanics continually pushed the demise of base maintenance, which brought on the retaliatory jabs.

Sure Buck, I get it. It's human nature to defend yourself when we feel we're being attacked.I saw many idiots running their calculators looking just for monetary satisfaction without any regards for how far the company can kick us down with the other cuts. Those are I'm sure, some of the same scmucks that stir the pot here. Again, the abuses by local 514 and effects to the rest of us are mainly what line guys are pissed about. For all you guys that support a little extra for us in the high cost area, let me say thanks! Look, I myself have been told, "come on down "to escape ORD's high cost. But what does that say for my other brothers who remain? I don't endorse the "I got mine "strategy. Anyway, regarding the thread, you all have displayed your loyalty to the TWU going quite a way back and need to now hold little jimmy's feet to the fire. I for one will pursue "Mechanics representing Mechanics".

Sure Buck, I get it. It's human nature to defend yourself when we feel we're being attacked.I saw many idiots running their calculators looking just for monetary satisfaction without any regards for how far the company can kick us down with the other cuts. Those are I'm sure, some of the same scmucks that stir the pot here. Again, the abuses by local 514 and effects to the rest of us are mainly what line guys are pissed about. For all you guys that support a little extra for us in the high cost area, let me say thanks! Look, I myself have been told, "come on down "to escape ORD's high cost. But what does that say for my other brothers who remain? I don't endorse the "I got mine "strategy. Anyway, regarding the thread, you all have displayed your loyalty to the TWU going quite a way back and need to now hold little jimmy's feet to the fire. I for one will pursue "Mechanics representing Mechanics".
I have grown tired over all long career, that has seen the representative that I am forced to fund a political machine that I do not agree with.
I also feel that the mechanics are subjected to the whims of industrial unionism whereby other groups through negotiations are allowed to ride the economic position based on membership alone. I have no problem with these other groups negotiating their own position.

The abuses by the 514 leadership have been rampant over the years. The reason is that they are bought and paid for by the int. The list goes on and on Steve Louis,Randy Mcdonald,Dennis Burchette,Gary Yingst,Gary Elias,Jim Cook,Michael Jackson,Chris Reinhart,Kevin Gorremans and I am sure that there are more that I can't remember off hand. If there are others that anybody can think of feel free to list themIn case you are wondering I am in favor of GEO pay for the high cost areas.

I have grown tired over all long career, that has seen the representative that I am forced to fund a political machine that I do not agree with.
I also feel that the mechanics are subjected to the whims of industrial unionism whereby other groups through negotiations are allowed to ride the economic position based on membership alone. I have no problem with these other groups negotiating their own position.

Well there you go. We've got more in common than we realized!

Hey Buck, it's obvious Birdbrain is just trying to ruffle some feathers with his 'line ' reference.
Lighten up Francis, if you were up on my past posts you would know that I'm very respectful of the lines sacrifices and have always advocated for geo pay. My comment was tongue and cheek even though I know there are many on this board who would totally support zero in house o/h. All the airlines will continue doing variable degrees of inhouse maintenance if for no other reason than to quell unfavorable pubic opinion, especially in a bad economy. BTW, I'm on nonmember/agency fee/handpay status with the TWU, so any ill will towards the local 514 will have to be directed toward the members in good standing. Respectfully, Birdbrain

Lighten up Francis, if you were up on my past posts you would know that I'm very respectful of the lines sacrifices and have always advocated for geo pay. My comment was tongue and cheek even though I know there are many on this board who would totally support zero in house o/h. All the airlines will continue doing variable degrees of inhouse maintenance if for no other reason than to quell unfavorable pubic opinion, especially in a bad economy. BTW, I'm on nonmember/agency fee/handpay status with the TWU, so any ill will towards the local 514 will have to be directed toward the members in good standing. Respectfully, Birdbrain

I can vouch for Birdman {not that he needs me to} he has always been for change and spent alot of his own time and money trying to bring about change in Tulsa, that said we do need to let this Line vs Overhaul crap go on any further, yea there are a few on both sides that like to fan the flames but the reality is we do not have any input into where AA/TWU is going to draw the line in this BK, however one thing is for sure when it ends we will need to unite to rid ourselves of the TWU once and for all.

HOPEFULLY WE CAN ALL AGREE ON THAT!!!

Doesn't B6 send their A320s to Aeroman in SAL? Plus, I'm pretty sure WN sends some of its 73Gs there.

I've been down her quite a bit, and on any given week there are at least 5 to 8 aircraft in the hangers. Mainly USAir and Southwest, although they do have some of the central american carriers like TACA, but by far a lot less. Never seen a JB aircraft here, not to say that they don't use Aeroman, just haven't seen them there when I was there.

Latest posts