À la carte?

Being an East F/A I would suggest that simply being cordial-PHX or PIT bound -would be something that most F/A's should be judged by -don't you agree?
I meant it more like this:

[sarcasm]Welcome aboard USAirways FunJet Service to Phoenix![/sarcasm]

If the cabin crew wants to act like they’re WN, the customers should be at least paying WN fares.

Thanks jerseyfinn for the sobering response to "spindoc".
I feel you, it is time for LCC to get with it.
It seems to me it is either give them transportation for nothing, or give them nothing for transportation.
They need to define themselves.

Yunz:

I am in complete agreement that the airlines, including US, need to raise fares to offset rising fuel costs. My point was that it is often very difficult to be the first carrier to raise fares, because if you stick your neck out and the other carriers don't follow suit, then you have to pull back or risk losing business.

JF:

I don't deny the fact that China and India are using more oil causing a supply and demand shift. Regardless of this fact, worldwide oil supply/demand has not changed anywhere near enough to explain the continuing upward price of a barrel of oil. Whether you choose to believe me or not, there is at least a $40/bbl premium which can be directly attributed to market speculation by investment houses, banks, and hedge funds. On top of that, there is another $20/bbl premium from the falling value of the USD. If you remove either of these from the equation, oil is right where it should be at
$55-$60/bbl.

Spin

I meant it more like this:

[sarcasm]Welcome aboard USAirways FunJet Service to Phoenix![/sarcasm]

If the cabin crew wants to act like they’re WN, the customers should be at least paying WN fares.
Don't we all wish. WN has raised fares a couple of times lately. Difference between them and the rest of us...their fare increases stick. :shock:

Don't we all wish. WN has raised fares a couple of times lately. Difference between them and the rest of us...their fare increases stick. :shock:
UM, WN usually costs more than US to the places where I fly. Probably one of the reasons WN doesnt lose money. They are fast to change their fares when the operating environment changes. look, price means a lot to consumers, but I think people will pay $50 or $100 more for WN because they know what to expect. As far as consistancy in operating goes, WN does a great job.

My last few US flights have been good. Fingers crossed...

UM, WN usually costs more than US to the places where I fly. Probably one of the reasons WN doesnt lose money. They are fast to change their fares when the operating environment changes. look, price means a lot to consumers, but I think people will pay $50 or $100 more for WN because they know what to expect. As far as consistancy in operating goes, WN does a great job.

I'm not sure how much longer WN will be able to keep this up. As airfares rise, and as the discretionary income of the traveling public decreases, I suspect that we will see people booking the rock-bottom cheapest fares, whatever the airline......and just put up with the hassle, even if they swore never to fly that airline again due to poor customer service.

I think where WN could really clean up, however, is when you have families traveling with lots of luggage, and they take the extra $50 r/t per person 2nd baggage fee into consideration when booking their travel -- and WN comes out cheaper overall.

I'm not sure how much longer WN will be able to keep this up. As airfares rise, and as the discretionary income of the traveling public decreases, I suspect that we will see people booking the rock-bottom cheapest fares, whatever the airline......and just put up with the hassle, even if they swore never to fly that airline again due to poor customer service.

Airfares will have to rise quite a bit more before this happens. When someone can fly round-trip from New York to Miami for less than $250 (LCC, 1-stop, 5/20-5/27), and it costs over $500 to drive one-way between those two cities (gas, meals, and at least one night lodging), there is no immediate danger that people will desert the airlines or let price determine their go/no go decision.