Afa F***s Midatlantic F/as

I just wish they would not have to offer anything. It is so sad what is going on with U and the EMB-Division. I just love my job, but, I have been considering getting out lately. I am at the EMB-Division and I think I may just leave. This is just all too much for me. I am glad they wont be involuntary furloughing at U, but, in the same breathe it is sad that so many senior people want to leave. I am sure they truly dont..but, they are sick of it too. :(

ItsNotThatSerious said:
The US Airways AFA MEC Chairwoman cares NOTHING for the interests of MidAtlantic flight attendants and relies on Bobbie "I don't know my own butt from a whole in the ground" Riggle to do her cow-towing to the company. The AFA likes to throw around the phrase "contractual language", but yet there is no published copy of the MidAtlantic agreement in its entirety! I guess if they had not wasted half a year negotiating a "flow-through" for the Pittsburgh dinosaurs (which clearly none of them wanted in the first place), perhaps then we would have a copy. It then occurs to me that the AFA is more concerned with protecting the "rights" of senior, bad attitude employees who do nothing but further tarnish the US Airways image, than it does in protecting the junior employees who are being sold down the river at MidAtlantic. Are people aware that MidAtlantic is being sold and with it, our furloughed employees are not guaranteed seniority, pay, or ANYTHING? We would not have come to work for MidAtlantic if we had known we wouldn't have AFA representation (we are SUPPOSED to, but we are the proverbial "forgotten red headed stepchild"). The AFA needs to step up to the plate and protect ALL of her members, not just the ones in Crapsburgh. Contractual language or no contractual language, as a member in good standing, I demand the AFA fight for what is right!
[post="283900"][/post]​

Classy.

Light Years said:
Wow! USaviation has changed in the past few days...
[post="284036"][/post]​

Why yes light years

It has indeed!!!!! People don't like the fact they are voicing their opinion......... If this is nasty just wait as the days push forward .... The GLASS will wish he was half full instead of half empty w/ employees!!!!

Is the incentive package final? What are the details of it? I've seen several, not sure which one is the final one. Does anyone have a summary?

Teddy never wanted there to be a seperate AFA for the EMB Division, and she was probably right. It's mainline, and everyone at mainline should be very concerned about the large planes that will now be flown by contractors, the jobs it's about to lose, and the ones that will follow. I don't think most mainline F/As even know about any of this... They either don't even know what a 170 is (even though it's in thier manual), or they just think that "MidAtlantic" is some Express airline that alot of furloughed people happen to work for.

PITbull said:
Calm I am.

no union, no dues...just go to Republic Airways, they have what you want.
[post="283949"][/post]​

Pitbull....the day you are calm, truly calm will be in your casket.

No union.... is the way this country is heading with the latest split of the big boys unions which will only weaken and not strengthen their plight.

You fought a gallant fight uphill all the way and no one can nor be able to say otherwise. It's a shame Corporate America gives CEO's millions upon millions while taking away our pensions and benefits with the white house's approval by doing nothing about it.

We need a ton of Pitbulls to turn this insanity around but it seems they are yet to be born......

Regards---Curt

PITbull said:
However, if you prefer no union, no dues...just go to Republic Airways, they have what you want.
[post="283949"][/post]​

All carriers under the Republic Airways Holdings Umbrella are unionized, which means employees pay dues.

foreright said:
I have never seen anything in my life more disgusting than whats going on at mda. Its like everyone from ALPA, AFA, u management to rebublic, wants the employees to just and airplanes to just disappear. Its total bullshit and quite frankly were #### sick of it!

ALL OR NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post="284116"][/post]​

What a Class Act........more like a disgrace act.

calibrator said:
Pitbull....the day you are calm, truly calm will be in your casket.

No union.... is the way this country is heading with the latest split of the big boys unions which will only weaken and not strengthen their plight.

You fought a gallant fight uphill all the way and no one can nor be able to say otherwise. It's a shame Corporate America gives CEO's millions upon millions while taking away our pensions and benefits with the white house's approval by doing nothing about it.

We need a ton of Pitbulls to turn this insanity around but it seems they are yet to be born......

Regards---Curt
[post="284052"][/post]​

Thanks Curt. Haven't heard from you in a long while.

Will be joining you soon on the other side. ;)

But you know me well, my fight will still continue for Labor, on the outside.

Trust, I'm not going anywhere but a larger arena with even a larger voice and a larger audience.

I have learned a life-time lesson these past 3 years in working for a managment that has the most disregard for employees I have ever witnessed in my adult working life.
When Corporate Lorenzo type raiders, and Corporate mongruls cease in attempting to destroy organized labor every which turn, is when I will find my solace. And my crystal ball says its not going to happen in my life time.

Latest posts