Afa F***s Midatlantic F/as

MidwayMetrolink said:
All carriers under the Republic Airways Holdings Umbrella are unionized, which means employees pay dues.
[post="284120"][/post]​

Funny, Shuttle America's F/As were not union before, maybe they are now that they are part of Republic. Remind us how those non-union F/As were integrated?

Light Years said:
Funny, Shuttle America's F/As were not union before, maybe they are now that they are part of Republic. Remind us how those non-union F/As were integrated?
[post="284263"][/post]​

Undecided at this time.

MidwayMetrolink said:
All carriers under the Republic Airways Holdings Umbrella are unionized, which means employees pay dues.
[post="284120"][/post]​

Wow, for $15 an hour pay...what a rip off.

I know I would be working there cause I would either be on a picket line or on strike.

PITbull said:

I know I would be working there cause I would either be on a picket line or on strike.
[post="284606"][/post]​

.................or at US Airways Express, i mean MidAtlantic Airways, i mean te EMB Division, but of course operated by US Airways..............I am curious, anyone know what the pay scale will be at the A-350 division in a couple of years..........

PITbull said:

[post="284606"][/post]​

One must remember that up until a few years ago, Chautauqua Airlines, A.K.A. Republic Airways, was a commuter carrier flying turboprops to Johnstown and Altoona. The regional jets were just arriving on the scene and the payrates reflected those of a regional affiliate; the same pay that your co-workers accepted when they were just starting out.

Flashforward to the present,,,,, Republic is a major Regional Jet Operator. People are making a career at the company. Some by choice, others by default. For whatever reason, their choices are personal. One thing for sure, there have been contractual improvements with every new contract. In fact, the flight attendants have a TA out just waiting to be ratified, with RAISES included. It also has a lot of other improvements. I won't post it on this forum, but a resourceful person can get it.

Before making decisions, I implore you to look at the facts yourself. Don't rely on hear-say and what you hear on this forum. As of late "USAviation.com" and "incorrect information" go hand-in-hand.

Once upon a time there were THREE airlines: Alleghany, Piedmont, and PSA. Did those airlines have payrates that allowed employees to make money hand over fist the day they started? No! This was something that came along after years of hard work and determination. Why not give the people at Republic that same opportunity, before jumping in and offering "we'll I'd just go on strike." I don't recall the mainline F/A's doing this for you, when your wages were set for the MAA agreement.

When you wake up in the morning you have 3 choices:
a. go back to sleep and let someone else do it.
b. be negative, frown and scour at everyone, make jugdements based on incorrect & incomplete information.
c. Be positive, smile, look at things from a different perspective & make a differce for you & your future generations.

MidwayMetrolink said:
Why not give the people at Republic that same opportunity, before jumping in and offering "we'll I'd just go on strike."
[post="284719"][/post]​

:blink: Why would anyone want to give someone the "opportunity" to replace thier own job? Are we to be consoled that maybe someday, they too will be able to feed thier children for a few years?

The three airlines you referenced were actual airlines, not imposter contractors. Republic exists only for airlines to outsource work to.