Afa Reaches Tentative Agreement

Jennyann said:
OK....Now you're really annoying. A good woman might be the answer.
God love her if she can stand you for 5 min.
[post="230485"][/post]​
OUCH......................... :shock:

openview said:
Looks like a good TA allowing for needed changes, advancement and ability to compete with the competition. Which, without that, any agreement is useless. Congrats to afa, negotiating comm. Teddy, etc.
[post="229790"][/post]​

:p Absolutely hysterical. Anyone that believes this is a good agreement is high. The only parts of the agreements that will occur is what you give back. Anything they agree to will be broken whenever they feel like it and then they will come back for more.

anyone voting is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

You got 5lbs of crap in one bag, and then the judge will give you one filled with 20lbs.

700UW:

700UW said: "anyone voting is stuck between a rock and a hard place. You got 5lbs of crap in one bag, and then the judge will give you one filled with 20lbs."

USA320Pilot comments: I agree with you. Guess what? "5 pounds of crap in one bag" is better than the judge imposing "20 pounds of crap in one bag". I'm glad the light bulb finally went on. Maybe there is hope for you after all -- let's hope it's not to late.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I always knew and still know the ramifications of what can happen, but I believe that unless the company is fair and reasonable then I would take one for the cause.

They have T/A, the IAM does not.

USAirBoyA330 said:
I wonder how many people are actually going to take the $10,000 and how many will retire early with the $300 override. I wouldn't think over 1000 but I may be wrong.
[post="230369"][/post]​

US,

I think you are way right!

etops1 said:
the ta is posted on afausairways.org .
basically its whats someone said here earlier. 9% cut. reserves go from midnight to midnight . intl fence gone (thank god) lead pay on intl going to 4 something. eliminination of leveling. some kind of new reserve system i think. lodo pay going to 2:00 an hr and some other stuff .
[post="229497"][/post]​

Speaking of "New Reserve" system. What would be so great about what is proposed? Does anybody not find it weird that the most junior flight attendants on the property are in their 6th year and still on reserve? Is it not weird that in Pit f/a's with 16 years are STILL on reserve? Honestly, what other airline has f/as on reserve that long? In order to have a "New Reserve" system, no one should be on reserve more than a year or two...anything else is just a "new and improved" screw to the junior work force. This new TA does not address the concern of being a "career" reserve. That is one major thing that needs to be addressed before we say yes to anything.

firstamendment said:
There is NOTHING said in the contract about "limited" buyouts. I have read it over and over. I think there will be a staggering of releases to retrain those coming back.

My corrections to A320pilot...it does say limited. Lets hope limited is used in broad terms.

Well, I am wondering if ROTATING RSV was even discussed at any point during this process. My guess is no since the 18 year & over crown would say no automatically.

PitBull:
Has the company given AFA any idea of how many F/A positions MAY eliminate? I would think AFA would have requested that information as part of the negotiations. I bet we get just enough with the buyout to keep the status quo but recalls I can't see happening even with the buyout.

DCAflyer said:
Oh, but we have learned from ALPA. We have learned that we collectively have more power as united front than if we cave into the company's "divide and conquer" mantra, for which ALPA clearly has a penchant.

And no, I don't believe the courts, congress, or the Bush administration cares about the CHAOS threat, lame or not, and I quite frankly don't care about them. But the Company clearly does care, because within days of CHAOS's ratification the company finally stopped playing games and upping its demand, and it finally came to what can only be described as the most pro-labor TA negotiated so far (which isn't saying much in and of itself, except that it does illustrate the magnitude of the threat upon the company's perception). So clearly the threat worked.

Regards,
DCAflyer

[post="230440"][/post]​

You are 100% correct!

Twicebaked said: Speaking of "New Reserve" system. What would be so great about what is proposed? Does anybody not find it weird that the most junior flight attendants on the property are in their 6th year and still on reserve? Is it not weird that in Pit f/a's with 16 years are STILL on reserve? Honestly, what other airline has f/as on reserve that long? In order to have a "New Reserve" system, no one should be on reserve more than a year or two...anything else is just a "new and improved" screw to the junior work force. This new TA does not address the concern of being a "career" reserve. That is one major thing that needs to be addressed before we say yes to anything.

DCAflyer replies: I think you assume the company has money to hire new flight attendants. This will change if the TA passes and there are a lot of buyouts and once the company digs itself out of this mess, you might be surprised at how quickly furloughees begin coming back.

ojxux said: ...Anyone that believes this is a good agreement is high. The only parts of the agreements that will occur is what you give back. Anything they agree to will be broken whenever they feel like it and then they will come back for more.

DCAflyer replies: At the risk of sounding like a certain Airbus captain, there is no doubt that it will be catostrophic if the TA goes down and the bankruptcy court abrogates the contract.

Back