AFA's "Me-To" Clause...

Ask a Piedmont F/A?... who cares... how about ask ANY other airline. We are the only ones following the pilots around and they've given up everything but thier left nut at this point.

Its time to grow up. Ditching the pilots means more flexibility, more time built into scheduled days, more variety of flying for different bases. I'd be fine doing a west coast turn if it means less time at work, more time off. Our F/As are so babied, print your own trip sheet, be responsible for yourself. I'll call scheduling myself and tell them I'm going to go illegal, I couldn't care less that Captain Bob wants to make his flight home so wants to "just go."

If it means rightsizing the workforce then so be it, do it right for once instead of having all of these people sitting around. Not to sound harsh, but there are new hires out west. No one who was here a year ago east or west would be affected if it did in fact cause furloughs, which I doubt it would.

Whether or not you get screwed depends on what you negotiate. I fear US AFA has been hiding behind ALPA for so long they may not have any clue in this department.

You're finally coming around. :up: I knew you would. :D

I've worked both and believe me, flying separate trips from the pilots is an operational nightmare in the northeast in the winter.
Hell, even the spring time with all the storms in the southeast.
Flight crews delayed or trapped down line, or diverted blowing everyone's travel plans.

Plus, the CRM is the best when crews are kept together.I like having a decent working relationship with our pilots. ;)

And this is a quality of work life issue as well.
Scheduling will make hay out of this at our expence.We don't have the protection of FAR's like the pilots. We only have our contract and we all know how well the company respects that. Humm?

And I personally don't think the efficency of the airline should ride on the back of the F/A group either.

Been there, done that. Hated it.

I've worked both and believe me, flying separate trips from the pilots is an operational nightmare in the northeast in the winter.
Hell, even the spring time with all the storms in the southeast.
Flight crews delayed or trapped down line, or diverted blowing everyone's travel plans.

Plus, the CRM is the best when crews are kept together.I like having a decent working relationship with our pilots. ;)

And this is a quality of work life issue as well.
Scheduling will make hay out of this at our expence.We don't have the protection of FAR's like the pilots. We only have our contract and we all know how well the company respects that. Humm?

And I personally don't think the efficency of the airline should ride on the back of the F/A group either.

Been there, done that. Hated it.

Well, supposedly we'll know more on May 8th when the company gives the ALPA JNC a "comprehensive" statement as far as where they are in negotiations. That's what I was told by my last F/O and it has been verified by other pilots.
In addition, the pilot group is rumored to be going to Pref. Bid for the new contract as well as an industry leading 1 for 3.25 duty rig.
If the pilots do go to Pref bid, they will build their own lines and I doubt we will be flying with them.

What exactly have f/a's given up because of the Me-Too clause? What was lost that was not negotiated away? I believe that the MeToo was protection for f/a's so that the pilots would not get something that f/a's did not, however on the backside, nothing can be automatically taken away because of the pilots negotiating anything out of their contract.

What exactly have f/a's given up because of the Me-Too clause? What was lost that was not negotiated away? I believe that the MeToo was protection for f/a's so that the pilots would not get something that f/a's did not, however on the backside, nothing can be automatically taken away because of the pilots negotiating anything out of their contract.

TWO WORDS!!

DUTY RIGS!! If you don't understand that, then keep keep drinking whatever you are drinking. Name me ONE thing we have GAINED with me too. NOTHING!! Just a bunch of fear based FOOLS!!!!!!@! :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

TWO WORDS!!

DUTY RIGS!! If you don't understand that, then keep keep drinking whatever you are drinking. Name me ONE thing we have GAINED with me too. NOTHING!! Just a bunch of fear based FOOLS!!!!!!@! :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

AFA didn't aprove that? hmmmmm. I think maybe they did. As for what you gained, how far back to you want to go? You wouldn't have had the duty rigs to lose, you would not have gotten a raise every time pilots did, you would be scheduled for longer days and higher block, just to name a few.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need some ice for my KoolAid.

Oh Stewardess!!!

Give up the “Me-Toâ€￾ and we can see a system similar to the west F/A's… crazy long days...outrageous scheduling practices. :shock:

Just take a look at their trips…UGLY! Remember flight attendants don’t have the duty legalities protected by the FAA like the pilots do. I say stay together, keep the “Me-Toâ€￾! Just my opinion.

Not to mention that if we loose them we could have too many F/A’s on the east side and that may result in furloughs. :down:

exactly I wished we had it out west

TWO WORDS!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

Whoa! Calm down.

A lot was gained with the me-too clause. But I guess you weren't around then. Duty rigs, duty days, crew meals (remember them?)etc.
Yet when the #### hit the fan via 9/11 we also lost alot.

Now is the time to regain what we lost. The industry has come back like gang-busters and it's time we get back our piece of the pie.

We have shouldered the restoration of the airline industry.
Us and the pilots as well as IAM. All of us.

Please don't throw away something that took years to attain just because you may not understand it. Or appreciate it.

Think about it. :)

So basically without the "me too" clauses AFA isn't capable of negotiating a more effecient and satisfactory contract on their OWN? An uphill battle maybe because AFA has absolutely NO WEIGHT? I think you might be right. Just keep hiding behind those pilots. :rolleyes:

Exactly! You have no $$$ to back an f/a with out Alpha.....

I wish everyone would examine this from a scientific standpoint instead of an emotional one. Who is on the NEG committee? Do we have control of whom those people are? Does separating from the pilots behoove us without a better deal? What is giving up me too worth to you?...more VAC? More pay? Can we negotiate something better? Who can motivate our flying partners to set this in motion? Oh the questions. We have the ability but do we have the mandate of the members? At this point they are too worried about how they will fit into the "hot dress".

keep "me too" !!! period.

It is nice to see all of the ferver over this issue. Now I would like to add some more logic. Nobody says you have to give up anything. You can and should "Grandfather" any duty rigs, mins., etc. to the a new negotiated contract. You wouldn't be giving up anything if it is negotiated correctly. Everyone seems to think that if we stay with ALPA, we -as a group, would loose out. Not true. ALPA has been able to use the me-to clause to garnish more from us and less from them. The company already knows that what ever ALPA gives up also effects AFA. It's a negotiating ploy.

This is why we need to negotiate our own contract without any constraints from ALPA. Besides, AFA always waits to see what ALPA gets before negotiating gets fast and furious.

Just my opinion...

I too would like to keep the the me too clause. The concept of trying to get pilots, f/a's and an aircraft together on a bad day in the northeast is a nightmare in the making. From a CRM standpoint it also makes more sense to know each other and get a true crew briefing at the begining of the trip. I for one don't even like doing extra position trips for that exact reason, I never feel like I'm part of the crew. The me too clause has given us alot of protection in the past and yes we've lost with it too. The loss of min. days has been one of the hardest for the reserves. Now we get called in to do a turn worth 2hrs. and that's what we get paid, when in the past you would aleast get a 5hr. min day. The question is would we have ever had min. day without the pilots? If we give up the me too clause and they, the pilots end up negotiating a contract with better work rules than us can you imagine the kind of whining that would be going on around the f/a group?