AFA's "Me-To" Clause...

What exactly is everyone worried about. You act as if AFA, or more importantly the flight attendant group can't stand on its own. Have you been broken down so much that you can't fend for yourself, or do you need a pilot-budy to help you survive. Get real people... the day of conformity is gone.

Flight attendants have the right, no, the duty to finally stand up and fight for what is right for them. Not what is right for anyone else. You get what you negotiate.

The present negotiating committee has the daunting task of getting the F/A group the best possible contract. If they wait to see what IAM, ALPA, TWU or anyone else gets in their contract, then we are doomed. What you are all saying is that you want more of the same. The same stuff you will all biatch about on every jumpseat.

Change people....Change is what we need...

The way you negotiate... The paramaters you set for the group... everything needs change... The question you must ask yourself is if Carol Austin and Mike Flores have the passion, the desire, to do what you want. Maybe change needs to happen with the committee itself. If the present negotiating committee hasn't done what you need them to, maybe another team needs to be put in place.

Carol has experience, but the experience was from contracts 10, 15, 20 years ago. Times have changed. Bean counters are at the fore front of negotiations. The exchange from company and flight attendant isn't "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" anymore. Real problems... Need real solutions...

I say...No more of the same...
Otherwise... be prepared to suffer the same old song and dance...

ARE YOU READY FOR MORE OF THE SAME-O-SAME-O ?

Just my opinion...

I'm all about change! I think it's time that AFA starts asking us what we think is important. With todays technology it's not a big deal to create surveys online to get feedback and opinions. Why is it that we don't get asked our opinion on anything until it's time to vote on whatever piece of crap they (a small group of people) have negotiated?

AFA didn't aprove that? hmmmmm. I think maybe they did. As for what you gained, how far back to you want to go? You wouldn't have had the duty rigs to lose, you would not have gotten a raise every time pilots did, you would be scheduled for longer days and higher block, just to name a few.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need some ice for my KoolAid.

Oh Stewardess!!!

This is the biggest bunch of BS! If you guys think we are THAT weak, then we deserve to let the company royaly screw us. The pilots have NOTHING to do with pay or longer days!! It's called NEGOTIATIIONS!! It's called voting up or down!! It's called CHAOS!! Geez, people, get a spin!! :down: :down:

Whoa! Calm down.

A lot was gained with the me-too clause.
Please don't throw away something that took years to attain just because you may not understand it. Or appreciate it.

Think about it. :)

Darling, 20 years here. I KNOW about ME TOO and you are the misinformed one. We were getting SCREWED from ME TOO WAAAAAAAAY before 9/11. Me too has only been good for those hired with original USAir and the merged USAir up till 1990. After that, ME TOO has done nothing but taken away. Its hard to appreciate something that has done NOTHING for us for 17 years now. You are one of those that buys in to the fear based idea that if we aren't clue to ALPA we will somehow get.....screwed? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very good point. The time will be taking away from the reserves who can barely make their time as we speak. Now were bringing 90 furloughs back. Once again to get furloughed if the "me too" clause is taken away.

Well, the Westies will be integrated at that point and those on the WEST will be the ones that are furloughed as the East is more senior.

When you hear dropping the Me too with the pilots the first thing you hear is "long days". I already go to 15 hours but let me ask this. If we dropped the clause with the pilots what would PREVENT AFA from negotiating a rule of sorts similar to what we have now. Just because we don't share the exact same rule doesn't mean that we'd automatically be made to fly longer days. Negotiate it.

EXACTLY...I say split from the pilots

Well, the Westies will be integrated at that point and those on the WEST will be the ones that are furloughed as the East is more senior.
EXACTLY...I say split from the pilots
Look at the AWA blocks and you'll see what you'll get. i agree to negotiate but please history repeats. Money talks and where AFA put our $$$. With out the me too (yeah somethings were screwed) it would be just like AWA now. Check it out. Long days , multiple aircraft changes and tons of sit time. yippee.

Look at the AWA blocks and you'll see what you'll get. i agree to negotiate but please history repeats. Money talks and where AFA put our $$$. With out the me too (yeah somethings were screwed) it would be just like AWA now. Check it out. Long days , multiple aircraft changes and tons of sit time. yippee.

Heres the thing... we dont bother to look at AWA, never did. Always been a joke, junior varsity. Lets instead look at all of the other majors, most of whom are split from the pilots, and see what they have. There is more than US East and US West and thier crappy current contracts- Easts gutted one and Wests 'at least better than Mesa' one. Spiltting from the pilots doesn't automatically equal what AWA does now.