Affinity Credit Card Announcements

CLTBWIDAYSYR

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
OK, so I'm commuting home from PHL to CLT yesterday. The inbound airplane making up the flight is delayed due to the jetway at B-11 not working (airplane is at that gate, but the army of jetway drivers can't get the thing to move...plane sits there for 20 minutes before being reassigned a new gate). So we finally board at B-14. We're an hour late, everyone on the plane with connex are screwed and what does one of the flight attendants do? She makes the Bank of America Dividend Miles Visa Card announcement. Someone correct me if I'm offbase here, but does anyone think that our customers want to hear about earning a free US flight when the one they're on has them spending the night in Charlotte or getting them a bus ride instead of a plane ride? All I'm saying is show a little restraint.

what does one of the flight attendants do? She makes the Bank of America Dividend Miles Visa Card announcement. Someone correct me if I'm offbase here,
Fight Attendants don’t get involved in miss connects other than saying talk to the agents. Flight Attendants get involved in inflight service therefore they were providing that.

They would probably get written up if they didn't hawk the credit card. I would like to add that this is not service; it is advertising and it really annoys me. Put ads in the inflight magazine so I can ignore them. Of course a PA is more effective because you're in a captive audience, which is why they do it.

I've heard even worse ... one time I called to cancel a ticket, and the agent asked me if I needed to make any car or hotel reservations. I thought to myself, "Yeah, I want reserve a hotel room in Las Vegas; I'll just walk there since I canceled my airline ticket" but I realized that they HAVE to do it every time.

Of course it's stupid, and it would be nice if employees were given some leeway, kind of like they do on "Air Greyhound", you know, the one with the highly paid employees and open seating.

OK, so I'm commuting home from PHL to CLT yesterday. The inbound airplane making up the flight is delayed due to the jetway at B-11 not working (airplane is at that gate, but the army of jetway drivers can't get the thing to move...plane sits there for 20 minutes before being reassigned a new gate). So we finally board at B-14. We're an hour late, everyone on the plane with connex are screwed and what does one of the flight attendants do? She makes the Bank of America Dividend Miles Visa Card announcement. Someone correct me if I'm offbase here, but does anyone think that our customers want to hear about earning a free US flight when the one they're on has them spending the night in Charlotte or getting them a bus ride instead of a plane ride? All I'm saying is show a little restraint.
This program has totally Gotten out of Hand.....wish they would KILL IT! I have seen f/a's hand an applic to EVERY pax upon boarding, set up tables in shopping malls and the latest was having the applications placed in EVERY mailbox in residential areas (and this is a punishable offense by tampering w/ the USPS). It is all about greed.....have seen and heard MANY F/A's blatantly LIE about the perks. And I absolutely LOVE when they "jockey" for position over WHO gets to make the announcements, who gets to Hawk the forms and how they "stacked". And you just have to laugh at the fools that ramble on w/the announcements on flights when a beverage Isn't available. :down:

This program has totally Gotten out of Hand.....wish they would KILL IT!

sky high states: Really!...what next?...SELLING CAR INSURANCE down the aisle.
Announcing, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I have good and bad news for you. First the good news, I saved a bundle by switching to........ :up: :up:

only stating opinions

sky high states: Really!...what next?...SELLING CAR INSURANCE down the aisle.
Announcing, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I have good and bad news for you. First the good news, I saved a bundle by switching to........ :up: :up:
only stating opinions
[/quote

WELL THIS PROGRAM GENERATES A GOOD BIT OF REVENUE FOR US AIRWAYS.......I WOULD RATHER THEM MAKE MONEY HERE THAN FROM MY PAYCHECK AGAIN.

ITS ALL ABOUT TASTE, A SIMPLE WELL THOUGHT OUT ANNOUNCEMENT FOLLOWED BY A WALK THOUGH THE CABIN.....AFTER THE REQUIRED DUTIES ARE DONE.

PEOPLE ARE ADULTS THE CAN TAKE ONE OR NOT ITS ALL UP TO THEM.

AGAIN THE PROGRAM WORKS IF ITS DONE RIGHT

[quote name=Airportman ITS ALL ABOUT TASTE, A SIMPLE WELL THOUGHT OUT ANNOUNCEMENT FOLLOWED BY A WALK THOUGH THE CABIN.....AFTER THE REQUIRED DUTIES ARE DONE.

PEOPLE ARE ADULTS THE CAN TAKE ONE OR NOT ITS ALL UP TO THEM.
[/quote]

sky high states: Wish it were ALL ABOUT TASTE. It's about the Flight Attendants MAKING MONEY off this program.
You should see them battle over who's doing CASH COW on a particular flight. Announcements are NOT being read verbatim.....but, they've gotten lengthy and ANNOYING.

ONLY stating an opinion.

Don't forget BofA lost the US Airways credit card contract so they are desperate to get every last account they can before it expires.

While I am a BofA bank user, I have to say that Juniper has been top notch and I don't have to speak to someone in India. :up:

There will always be those that abuse any program or system. Anyone that goes too far should not be able to participate. Too far meaning pushing the card anywhere other than the a/c. The announcement should be made after the service is complete and with only a short informative announcement. If any of you feel someone is giving false info, TELL them. There's a chance the announcement was not well thought out, which is why most have it written down.

Common sense rules the day. On a 7 am BOS-PHL flight, most customers are FF'S and already HAVE the card. A severly delayed flight is not the time to pimp the card. No serve flts are ok as there is technically no such thing. It is by request. Redeyes are tough, so many will make the announcement while at the gate. It takes all of 5 minutes. Hardly an inconveniance.

As far as the order of the cards, most put all particpaters together and you pick a card 4 times. You fall in the order as picked and continue where you last leave off. Very simple. If someone insist on senority or any other bs, call the EAP.

I don't do cash cow because I have a love for the visa signature card. Its about the $50 period. If's it's out of hand, we all have the power of telling the abusers that is inappropriate. I don't care if you have 100 yrs senority. The a/c should be a quiet environment.

Why ask the peopele in FC? Most of them are preferreds...if they don't know about it then they have a problem...I always feel like I have to look at the F/A, smile, and say, no thank you, i have one...even if I am in the middle of a conversation.

Why ask the peopele in FC? Most of them are preferreds...if they don't know about it then they have a problem...I always feel like I have to look at the F/A, smile, and say, no thank you, i have one...even if I am in the middle of a conversation.

Get off your high horse!!

It takes 2 seconds to walk through the "all so sacred" first class cabin.

I have given MANY in first as not all are Dividend Miles members, nor do they have the Signature card. Those 25,000 can be added to one's Dividend Miles account.

If it takes you a split second to say no, yet affords that f/a $50 then deal or ignore it.

I am quiet sure that you are NOT the Queen of England nor some celeb protected by body guards that can't be spoken to by the "help".

Get off your high horse!!

It takes 2 seconds to walk through the "all so sacred" first class cabin.

I have given MANY in first as not all are Dividend Miles members, nor do they have the Signature card. Those 25,000 can be added to one's Dividend Miles account.

If it takes you a split second to say no, yet affords that f/a $50 then deal or ignore it.

I am quiet sure that you are NOT the Queen of England nor some celeb protected by body guards that can't be spoken to by the "help".

YOU MUST BE ON CRACK!

I've seen many applications being handed out in F/C....must be all the upgrades at the gate. <_<

Am I reading this correctly -- the flight attendants get a commission from credit card applications? Do they get a commission when the application is filled out and sent in, or does it also have to be approved by the bank?