Affinity Credit Card Announcements

If it were only that...... they are about as annoying as the guy hawking them in the LAS rotunda.... :ph34r:
If the F/A would keep it short and sweet it would be great, but I've had a couple that go on endlessly, walk to to back (I guess didnt get enough takers) and do it again. :down:
While I know why its being done, they just need to keep it simple and short. Almost as annoying as some agents GoFirst announcements. You made the announcement, no one bit, you're not getting your $5 move on. :shock:

I'm with you!! If it's a sleeping flight like a redeye or transcon, do it after the level off and movie trailer..then sweet quiet except for seat belt announcements. Is that so hard? :rolleyes:

This stupid announcement woke me up in the middle of CDG-PHL last Sunday and I wasn't the only one. This is really wrong. I paid for the seat and I shouldn't be bombarded with ads for anything.
I am with You! If those bovine wielding f/a's that participate in the Cash Cow program WOULD stick to the Company issued announcement (and do it AT The Appropriate Times) and refrain from pulling out their self scripted announcements to "One Up" the next person it would be one thing, but the funniest and most absurd incident was on a recent CLT-RDU flight (roughly 35min) that the Captain had to "interrupt" the blowbag making a 10minute declaration onboard to inform the cabin that we were starting our approach for landing. (And what really makes me laugh is when you work w/ these hawkers that do not want TO DO THE JOB they were hired to do but will be the first cartwheel up and down the aisle with a credit card applic in the hopes of getting $50! :lol:

I am with You! If those bovine wielding f/a's that participate in the Cash Cow program WOULD stick to the Company issued announcement (and do it AT The Appropriate Times) and refrain from pulling out their self scripted announcements to "One Up" the next person it would be one thing, but the funniest and most absurd incident was on a recent CLT-RDU flight (roughly 35min) that the Captain had to "interrupt" the blowbag making a 10minute declaration onboard to inform the cabin that we were starting our approach for landing. (And what really makes me laugh is when you work w/ these hawkers that do not want TO DO THE JOB they were hired to do but will be the first cartwheel up and down the aisle with a credit card applic in the hopes of getting $50! :lol:
Company says we can make our own tasteful announcement.... (I start mine with MOOOOOO, does that make it tasteless? Seems to wake people up pretty fast.... :lol: )

Listen, certain people will always take things too far and make them inappropriate. Examples:

*Cash Cow (MOOOOOO!!! :ph34r: )
*Uniform Compliance (oh my, is all I can say..what is that creation? :shock: )
*Service procedures (just go with it, only 2 more legs... :blink: )

Need i go on? :lol:

Wait, I heard the best a few weeks ago. One flight attendant was in the front and one in the back. Over the PA you hear, "Hey Susie did you hear that USairways has teamed up with blah blah blah". Then the other F/A on the other end, "no Debbie, tell me all about it". It was the most horrible thing I had ever heard since the f/a 8 years ago ran off the stores inside the PIT airport on arrival. LORDY....... :lol:

Looks like the press does look at USaviation.com.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/busin...ng/15609128.htm

US Airways spokesman Philip Gee compared the program to the sale of duty-free items on international flights.
---
"The program has proved to be very successful for Bank of America and over time has gained popularity with US Airways staff who are able to supplement their income with the incentive and bonus payments," Gee said.
Now there’s a CØst NUTral idea.

Eventually flight pay will be a draw on your commission.

This program has totally Gotten out of Hand.....wish they would KILL IT! I have seen f/a's hand an applic to EVERY pax upon boarding, set up tables in shopping malls and the latest was having the applications placed in EVERY mailbox in residential areas (and this is a punishable offense by tampering w/ the USPS). It is all about greed.....have seen and heard MANY F/A's blatantly LIE about the perks. And I absolutely LOVE when they "jockey" for position over WHO gets to make the announcements, who gets to Hawk the forms and how they "stacked". And you just have to laugh at the fools that ramble on w/the announcements on flights when a beverage Isn't available. :down:
Oh I am laughing alright, ALL the way to the bank, sucka! :up: :up:

Astro, are you an expert on the "perks"of the card? You have heard FA's "lie?" Riiiight....

They are stacked 1 for 1, what's the big deal? Never ever once had a problem with a FA with regards to stacking, announcements, etc..Been doing it for a year. Me thinks you create drama.... :shock:

If there is no beverage scheduled, why does doing Cash Cow make you laugh? If anything, I pass out more bevs on non scheduled bev flights, because people ask for drinks when I am passing out my applications. Nice try, tho... ;)

Greed? Nope. Easy money in my opinion. Saves me from having to pick up ETB like those reserves that have to give up their days off to the company. :up:

Astro, are you an expert on the "perks"of the card? You have heard FA's "lie?" Riiiight....
Well, I AM an expert on the "perks" of the card since I have one and let me tell you that I won't accuse an F/A of lying about the perks, but I will say they do not completely understand the so-called "perks" they are advertising...I have heard many things told to people about the card that are simply untrue.

There was a CBS message at work about the "cash cow" program. It was talking about f/a' giving false information. MANY don't know the specifics of the card but want the dough and will wake every sleeping person with their 10 minute announcement to make a buck. Leaving these things in hotel lobby's etc. I see a true end to the cash cow program in the VERY near future if things dont change

Oh I am laughing alright, ALL the way to the bank, sucka! :up: :up:

WELL ASTRO IS RIGHT SEVERA F/A'S OUT AND OUT LIE TO THE PAX

They are stacked 1 for 1, what's the big deal? Never ever once had a problem with a FA with regards to stacking, announcements, etc..Been doing it for a year. Me thinks you create drama.... :shock:

HE IS RIGHT HERE AGAIN THEY ARE PUT TOGETHER AND PASSED OUT, AND IT IS FUNNY AS HELL.

If there is no beverage scheduled, why does doing Cash Cow make you laugh? If anything, I pass out more bevs on non scheduled bev flights, because people ask for drinks when I am passing out my applications. Nice try, tho... ;)

THIS MAY BE TRUE FOR YOU..........BUT I HAVE SEEN EXPRESS TURNED NO SERVE FOR CASH COW

Greed? Nope. Easy money in my opinion. Saves me from having to pick up ETB like those reserves that have to give up their days off to the company. :up:

AN LASTLY IT IS GREED WITH SOME, THOSE F/A THAT WONT DO CASH COW UNLESS YOU ARE THEY TYPE THAT NEVER DO IT UNTILL SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING THE WORK.

AGAIN IF ITS DONE WITH SOME TASTE ITS FINE....THE PROGRAM DOES GENERATE CASH FOR THE F/A AND FOR THE COMPANY, BUT ASTRO IS RIGHT THOSE THAT ARE ABUSING IN A BIG WAY NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE PROGRAM.

AN LASTLY IT IS GREED WITH SOME, THOSE F/A THAT WONT DO CASH COW UNLESS YOU ARE THEY TYPE THAT NEVER DO IT UNTILL SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING THE WORK.

AGAIN IF ITS DONE WITH SOME TASTE ITS FINE....THE PROGRAM DOES GENERATE CASH FOR THE F/A AND FOR THE COMPANY, BUT ASTRO IS RIGHT THOSE THAT ARE ABUSING IN A BIG WAY NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE PROGRAM.

Allow me to translate:

IT IS AT LAST GREED WITH SOME, THOSE F/A THAT WILL NOT MAKE THE COW OF CASH LESS THAT YOU ARE YOU WRITE THAT THEY NEVER DO NOT MAKE IT UNTILL CHE QUALCUN'ALTRO IS MAKING THE JOB.

STILL IF THE RELATIVE FACTS WITH SOME ASSAGIANO THE RELATIVE AIM….The PROGRAM GENERATES the CASH FOR the F/A AND the COMPANY, BUT STAR IS OF RIGHT THOSE THAT ARE MISUSING ON LARGE-SCALE the NECESSITY BEING REMOVED FROM the PROGRAM.

Latest posts