All at the top flying positive space

It ended up a no show which is worse. Now we lose revenue no one can by the F seat.

I will decide weather to post the res. and the emp. datta base not sure it would be a good idea.

Oh and by the way his parents fly positive space as well.

And my kids are S4 without me flying...................

What a bunch of crap.
Unless you’re going to say who it is, I'm thinking you are just trying to stir up sh**!!!!

I agree ..it sucks ..but that's probably standard practice across the industry. And yeah .."staying home" one day won't do anything. Do you honestly think we could generate any sympathy from the public about it being harder for employees to fly for free?

rjh,

You missed the main message of "space positive for execs".

Doug Parker has said repeatedly that the reason that union reps can not fly space positive for union business OR COMPANY BUSINESS is because it has the potential to take a revenue seat...he does not admit that EXECS AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS FLY SPACE POSITIVE ANY TIME, VACATION, NON-BUSINESS ETC..

Fine, if he wants to give EXECS space positive for company business; but the directors and up should not be flying space positve/ FIRST CLASS and family members for NON-COMPANY BUSINESS.

Doug's logic regarding this issue to the employees and the union is flawed and slanted; same with his lame comment regarding his stock cash out.

That is why the guy is not taken seriously by his employees on any level.

There is NO reason that union officials should not be permitted to fly space positive for company business. NONE! This was the first bad faith gesture shown toward the unions from the west, imo. And the potential for the the loss of a revenue seat is pretty lame.

Howdy All. I am back from the Middle East.

Just wanted to dredge something up from about 2 1/2 yrs ago.

I've highlighted the pertinent sections.
Bottom line: I thought before all of the concessions that the management (can't really call them leaders, can we?) ought to be riding in Y....Space A when traveling for pleasure. I guess they've decided it is okay for employees to subsidize their travel with industry trailing wages. And after the significant change in direction of the company, more's the pity.

If Labor groups would have gotten your note way back in May 2004, we would have put you on the negotiating committee. :up:

Welcome Back! What were you doing in the middle east?

I remember hearing that execs have reciprical trvl on other airlines also positive space. What levels are these and wouldnt other ailrine execs take revenue away from US when trvling on US, positive space?

Found a reservation on a flt today all first class INTL thought it was a director but that was not the case it was a reg guest flying positive space. They all fly positive space in first class all the way down to station directors.

I find this an outrage and this kind blatant in your face crap is how this management takes care of them selves and you and I are left to fight about how we board.

IT IS TIME FOR ALL OF US TO PICK A DAY AND STAY HOME.
I see you have not answered the question, who was this person. So you must be full of Sh** and just stirring things up.

Back when we had food up front, non-revs, even POS, were given a choice of meal after revenue customers. I guess now we just offer these guys and gals the snack basket last -- when all the cashews and Cape Cod chips are gone. Same goes for that one bottle of white wine we get up front now (gotta love the new galley pack out)...no wine for you POS non-revs, we need all four glasses (cups) for the US4's that "First Up'd"

And at a company where I used to work, the executives got to use company aircraft for period vacations with their families. So what? It was a perk of being one of the top 5 people in the company. And one day if that's me, then great. Until then, there is a disparity between top executives and the average employee. Being in that position comes with certain perks.

And at a company where I used to work, the executives got to use company aircraft for period vacations with their families. So what? It was a perk of being one of the top 5 people in the company. And one day if that's me, then great. Until then, there is a disparity between top executives and the average employee. Being in that position comes with certain perks.

It is a much larger group than the top five. This perk goes down to the Director level. My guess would be well over 100 including VPs and Directors.

This is the same point I was trying to make but fumbled on the reply function....we are probably talking about scores of people, not just a few.

Latest posts