Mda Flow-through

TBONEJ4J

Senior
Aug 21, 2002
I hear that the MDA/AAA ALPA is attempting to set things up with an LOA which will modify the Restructuring Agreement to ensure that when the APL list is exhausted, there will be New-Hires at MidAtlantic. :shock:

The Restructuring Agreement is very clear that after the APL, the CEL Pilots get the Jobs, only after the CEL is exhausted do New-Hires come in to the equation.

PDT, ALG and PSA all gave to help the US Airways Group. There was in return a promise of opportunities at MDA and US Airways. Any New-Hires must be at PSA or PDT.

There must be no New-Hire at MDA, until the APL and the CEL has been exhausted!! :angry:

From my understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong here, AFA stated MAA positions are only open to furloughed Mainline flight attendants. After exhausting the Mainline furlough list.....all new hires will be from the street-with NO flow through to Mainline, unless you came from Mainline. Those employees hired from the street will forever work at MAA, unless they quit. Nothing was brought up about the wholly owned carriers. Wait a sec......I think I read they would be able to apply at MAA if they wanted to-like anyone else would, from off the street. <_<

Talking about Pilots here, ALPA and Restructuring Agreements, specifically Attachment B.

TBONE,

You're absolutely right. WO pilots should get first crack at those jobs as agreed. Unfortunately, we're all dealing with U management and the mainline MEC, so I would not put it past them.

FWIW, if you're at PSA you basically have the same job as MDA anyway IMO. If you're ALG or PDT then I feel for you.

ACrazy8,

You are right. Only furloughed F/a are being offered the positions at MidAtlantic Airways (MAA) ...I also know that by the beginning of August..maybe end of August..MAA should be hiring off the street. There has been nothing said that there will be a flow through for any F/A's from any wholy owed. Part of the training for the furloughed F/A's is a recurrent class. It is my understanding that furloughed F/A's HAVE to go through recurrent or they can not be a part of MAA. So, I am not sure what the people that are hired off the street are gonna have to go through. I wonder if it will only be EMB-170 training. Anyone know?

Does anybody know how far down the APL Midatlantic has gone?

I've heard that very few APL pilots are accepting FO positions at MDA.

You are right. Only furloughed F/a are being offered the positions at MidAtlantic Airways (MAA) ...I also know that by the beginning of August..maybe end of August..MAA should be hiring off the street

According to the AFAline there are over 2200 FAs on voluntary and over 1700 involuntary with 200 scheduled to return in June and 50 accepted positions at MAA.

I do not believe MAA will be hiring or even needing over 3000 FAs by august for them to resort "to the street" for hiring needs.

TBONEJ4J said:
Does anybody know how far down the APL Midatlantic has gone?

I've heard that very few APL pilots are accepting FO positions at MDA.
They have gone about half way down the list. 1800 pilots on the APL they have reached about 900.

MAA will have 39 a/c by end of year..hiring F/A's off street by mid August...plan to have 800 total employees by the end of the year.. there are 50 f/a's so far and will be more classes with furloughed f/a's every month...until noone else wants it..which will beby August.

xoxo said:
MAA will have 39 a/c by end of year..hiring F/A's off street by mid August...plan to have 800 total employees by the end of the year.. there are 50 f/a's so far and will be more classes with furloughed f/a's every month...until noone else wants it..which will beby August.
WRONG!!!
MAA will not be hiring off the street come August. They still have about 1,700 mainline flight attendants on furlough that need to be processed yet. They are only slated to have a bit over 300 f/as by years end with just over 30 planes. Training may or may not happen every month. As of today, they are over in the number that they need. Aprils class will be very small.
So, at less than 30 f/a a month (not including April), that is about 240 flight attendants more with 1,700 to go through.........hmmmm off the street "ain't" happening for some time to come.

Twicebaked,
After hearing the webcast yesterday, do you think there is even any need to get our hopes up about MAA? Do you think they will stick to the plan of making it grow? And if it gets "spun off" ( I think that is the US320Pilot's word for it-no offense to you, US320 Pilot) will they still hire back furloughed F/A's or will that be null and void? Do you have any insights on this? I find that you seem to have lots of good info. :unsure:

Twicebaked,

Well..then I think that during MAA training the instructers..and well..I will not name names..because we can't..but maybe they should not tell people that "We will be hiring off the streets by early August".. that is exactly what was said. So I am not wrong. Everything I said came straight from the horses mouth. I would never come on here and post if it was not true...and if it was something I just heard than I would say I heard it. AND..they said that they are not over in number..they are just right by their calculations for f/a"s. Maybe they should not tell the classes these things if they are not true. There are 4 planes now...they said 2 more in April..then 4 every month until years end...so that would make it 38 or 39 by December. I am not saying that I Know everything that is going on..but..I am saying what was actually said.

Latest posts