Mda Flow-through

My information is only based on what I've read in other threads on here, but maybe XOXO can confirm this.

It sounded like MAA was going through the list of furloughed f/a's at a pretty fast pace. Maybe this is why they will need to hire off the street sometime later this year.

It is possible, and likely, that not alot of the 3000 will come back. I thought I had read that the first 80 that went back, were out of the first 200 on the recall list.

Again, this is no "inside" information. Only based on other statements.

XO,

Everything is speculation at this point. I do not believe they will go off the street by then and I DO have inside information.
They went through the first set of F/As fairly quickly that is true, but that group was those who were able to collect severence and unemployement. They were holding out to take advantage of that. You will not get all F/A's to go to MAA. Those who did go ARE happy to be there. They had a choice. There will be another class mid April and it will be just shy of 20. I believe most of those folks will be senior to those that went in the first 2 classes. Trust me, it's not as bad as some make it out to be. What choice do we have? Oh wait, there is a choice...go or don't.
XOXO, if you jumped on board in one of those classes, enjoy it. It is a great place to be right now. Which ever instructor told you that, I am sure it was their "opinion" as I have mine. Best of luck

From the MAA graduates who I have been in contact with, are not elated. They feel shafted and uninformed. Medical still has not been settled and their questions were not answered clearly.

Management is dragging their feet on finalizing a proposal that is livable.

Shafted?
I'll give you uninformed.
Somethings are happening faster than others.
All parties company AND union are at fault on many of those issues.
Someone has to say uncle.
The contract on the AFA website is extremely outdated.
Is that Inflight's fault? Who is responsible for updating what IS finalized?

Love ya Pitty.
I knew you were lurking out there.
Aren't you going to welcome me back?? :)

At least the MAA guys have a good sense of humor. They sent us a pic of their first RJ. It was a crate with trash cans strapped to the sides. If I find it I will post.
It was very entertaining

The aircraft itself is a very nice aircraft. I think our FF's and other customers will be very pleased with it.
It is a shame to call it an RJ or pay it like one.

Throw a little IFE on that baby and I'd rather fly on that than in coach on any other plane in the fleet. Its an awesome airplane.

Regional? Not really, just a smaller (meaning less seats, not small) mainline jet. It shouldnt be an Express plane and only is for pay purposes.

Bruce Ashby said in Regional Airline World "In many areas, we consider this airplane to be superior to a mainline jet. Its cabin comfort and spaciousness is very impressive, not to mention its seating configuration with no middle seats."

Funny, most of the pilots flying this revolutionary state of the art plane used to fly the DC9, MD80, F100, and 737-200. Kind of odd that they would berate the aircraft itself.

Air conditioned,
I am not sure what will happen. Nobody (not even USA330pilot, he may claim he does) knows at this point. We all have our thoughts and ideas, but we don't know. My thought would be that MAA would be the surviving entity to be spun off to someone else. What does that mean for furloughs? Got me! Again, this is ONLY MY THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!!!

LOL....

You know all this time I always saw your "name" as Kittyflyhome.

lol

sorry

Just go to prove everyone only sees what they choose to... :)

how did this thread go from a question about wholly owneds stated rights to flow to midatlantic devolve into another :down: mainline FA and why the aircraft sucks discussion??

back to the original ideal, what has crystal city or the mainline mec said about filling vacant positions with WO pilots when no more apl's will show up?

Latest posts