ALPA/USAPA/Pilot Labor Thread for the week 4/12-4/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
Here's the new thread for the week-Keep on topic and leave the personal digs out.

There is a ZERO tolerance policy on personal attacks/insults. No warnings, no notices from here on--one strike and you're out.

Don't say we didn't warn you.

Quote from the Angry AWA FO club newsletter to the Angry USAir FO club:

The "majority" will soon realize that trying to staple almost 40% of the total membership is something that is not in the best interests of the organization or of the combined pilot group because it will not create the solidarity necessary to overcome the challenges we face as pilots.

How do we arbitrarily "staple" 40% of either side. With one method, attrition makes one group whole after a delay for the attrition. With the other method, one group stays forever stapled. In order for the permanent staple to happen, the consent of the "losers" must be gained.

"We won/you lost" "They should get over it"--and so on just ain't going to "create the solidarity necessary" either.

Oh well.

Quote from the Angry AWA FO club newsletter to the Angry USAir FO club:
\

"We won/you lost" "They should get over it"--and so on just ain't going to "create the solidarity necessary" either.

Oh well.

you didn't lose anything. every east pilot has a job and a much brighter future than pre-merger. Even the most junior east pilot who was employed at the time of the merger can hold the left seat on the 190 or the right seat on the 330. I don't see how that can be seen as getting shafted in any way. You are however shooting yourselves in the foot by leaving millions of dollars on the table in exchange for fighting a battle you can't possibly win. But refusing to negotiate a pay raise is well within your rights.

New movie starts on Thursday. It's a first run premier. The opening showing starts at 1415 EDT.

The multiple endings will be available shortly after. Those endings are going to be controlled by Parker. Not the West or East. The new union will be the bargaining agent without a doubt. How Parker handles the temper tantrums of the less mature fellows will determine the ending. The East sought new representation because of the absurd policies and practices of ALPA. They are the majority and they will prevail. How the minority who think they won the lottery and deserve to benefit from those policies and practices react after the election will determine their fate.

Parker isn't going to allow this company to fail because of an election of a new union. He will determine how to best solve the problem. And one only has to look to the parts of the company where the money is made for clues to how he will handle it.

New movie starts on Thursday. It's a first run premier. The opening showing starts at 1415 EDT.

The multiple endings will be available shortly after. Those endings are going to be controlled by Parker. Not the West or East. The new union will be the bargaining agent without a doubt. How Parker handles the temper tantrums of the less mature fellows will determine the ending. The East sought new representation because of the absurd policies and practices of ALPA. They are the majority and they will prevail. How the minority who think they won the lottery and deserve to benefit from those policies and practices react after the election will determine their fate.

Parker isn't going to allow this company to fail because of an election of a new union. He will determine how to best solve the problem. And one only has to look to the parts of the company where the money is made for clues to how he will handle it.

Pilot says;

"YOU are invited to join a new labor organization."

"You Vill Come."

"You Vill Like it."

Typical east negotiation technique.

"Here are our terms. There will no negotiations. Your only option is to acquiesce. WE WILL YELL LOUDLY UNTIL YOU EITHER SURRENDER OR PRAY FOR DEATH. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Is is a pleasure to be so closely associated with such a group of "professionals."

And one only has to look to the parts of the company where the money is made for clues to how he will handle it.

I understand emotions are high on the east after suffering years of stagnation and furloughs. Bradford epitomizes what the USAir pilot has become: a scraggly-haired, head full of gray with sunken eyes and drooping shoulders wearing three measly stripes. Who couldn't feel sorry for such a fellow? USAir has been a disaster for you guys.

Unfortunately for you, reality trumps fantasy, the law trumps emotion. On Thursday USAPA will be lucky to get half of the east pilots' vote. Time tempers all emotion, good and bad. Following Thursday, the healing may begin with your pilot group. I look forward to the day we are all marching in step as a unified group.

Pilot says;

"YOU are invited to join a new labor organization."

"You Vill Come."

"You Vill Like it."

Typical east negotiation technique.

"Here are our terms. There will no negotiations. Your only option is to acquiesce. WE WILL YELL LOUDLY UNTIL YOU EITHER SURRENDER OR PRAY FOR DEATH. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Is is a pleasure to be so closely associated with such a group of "professionals."

As opposed to which we've so long enjoyed the west's compassionate, and profound notions via: "You wont even get 200 cards!"..."Send the cards, I DARE you!!"...such artistic gems as "Booshaka!!"...and of course, the famous "Ho ho ho!, St Nic is coming to town!"...and generally..a wholesale spewing forth of adolescant drivel that would shame most over 16 years of age. We've also the mighty, sticker-pasting"ARMY" of Leonidas to presumably spend sleepless nights over, and; I won't even start to fully address the fine "audience" antics during the PHX road show....Perhaps best summarized via the notably contradictory: "Treat us like professionals!..We're not f--kin' stooopid!" Spare us all any fantasized "professional" attributes attendant to the west. From the very start, when it was self-determined out there that simply being hired on out there (the world's most demanding airline to find employment with) was somewhow worthy of magical self worth, and awesome "seniority"....few have been highly impressed.

As for: "Typical east negotiation technique."? Hmmm...that's strange indeed, since the AWA Party Line for so many months was that we were all mere "sheep" out here. :rolleyes: Let none forget the actual, real-world, west "position", so nicely summarized by Leonidas = "I want the Captain seat..and most of all, I want every single east pilot to pay for it".

I understand emotions are high on the east after suffering years of stagnation and furloughs. Bradford epitomizes what the USAir pilot has become: a scraggly-haired, head full of gray with sunken eyes and drooping shoulders wearing three measly stripes. Who couldn't feel sorry for such a fellow? USAir has been a disaster for you guys.

Unfortunately for you, reality trumps fantasy, the law trumps emotion. On Thursday USAPA will be lucky to get half of the east pilots' vote. Time tempers all emotion, good and bad. Following Thursday, the healing may begin with your pilot group. I look forward to the day we are all marching in step as a unified group.

"I look forward to the day we are all marching in step as a unified group." A noble sentiment indeed, and fitting to the situation....although somewhat counter to your previous "Ho Ho Ho!, St Nic is coming to town!!" coupled with a "cute" little picture of santa's sleigh with adorably labeled little reindeer...naturally showing the entire lead team to be AWA :rolleyes: Hypocrisy's apparently been elevated to the status of an actual art form out there. "Bradford epitomizes what the USAir pilot has become: a scraggly-haired, head full of gray with sunken eyes and drooping shoulders.." That the individual pilot you choose to thusly insult most probably has several times your actual flght time, does your noble, nay, even profesedly "Righteous" Position" much additional credit. Regardless of any/all fantasies out there that your "I want!!" position's of the highest nobility...I'll offer an observation from a long time comrade now retiring from active duty, and thereby, outside of direct commercial aviation concerns = "Just who do those punks think they are!?"

"On Thursday USAPA will be lucky to get half of the east pilots' vote." Umm...okay.....sure...."Unfortunately for you, reality trumps fantasy, the law trumps emotion."..enough said there. There'll be much work ahead after thursday.

I truly don't think the West realizes what is happening.

Half the East votes? Does anyone out there truly believe that?

But the insults are truly entertaining there prechili. You truly are a professional. No doubt about it.

NEVER underestimate a motivated and dedicated group of people.

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.