ALPA wont sign PSA900 Deal

Ironic...a thread about what makes US fly and a branding video to help with our corporate culture.

Meanwhile...the E190 options go to Taco. More lift for ever faster growing tumor that robs us of our culture.

Doug said his self we have to many 50 seaters ALPA mainline was in a position to negotiate but they laid down WHY? I don't know

You do know that it was Duane that signed the LOA allowing the 175s to be outsourced by US Airways to whatever shitbag contractor it cared to, right?
And surely you remember the circumstances that led to up it? Exactly what would've been gained by him putting a stop to it?
You do know he would have signed away the 190/195s the same way for the AAA MEC if the America West guys hadn't shown some very basic common sense and suggested that wouldn't be such a smart idea, right?
Woerth is a rubber stamp, not a true leader. You give him way too much credit. There's no way he's acting against the wishes of the PSA MEC. There's no good choices here. PSA would have to sell out on pay to get the growth otherwise the planes leave the USAir Group fold. Which is worse? Nothing is cut-and-dry.

And surely you remember the circumstances that led to up it? Exactly what would've been gained by him putting a stop to it?Woerth is a rubber stamp, not a true leader. You give him way too much credit. There's no way he's acting against the wishes of the PSA MEC. There's no good choices here. PSA would have to sell out on pay to get the growth otherwise the planes leave the USAir Group fold. Which is worse? Nothing is cut-and-dry.

Yes and stopping the relentless erosion of Scope provisions is what would have been gained. Sure US Airways couldn't finance them back then, in bankruptcy, but they are contracting for them now. They could certainly finance them now, but prefer to sub them out, because they can. If Duane had said 'No', they couldn't do it that way and Republic could go suck a lemon.

Woerth is unfortunately so much more than a rubber stamp, ask a CCAir refuge if you ever come across one. If he chooses to act against the wishes of the PSA MEC you can bet he will. ALPA couldn't care less about the PSA MEC and it's opinions or desires. If what happens at PSA effects or impinges on the majority ALPA roll call game plan (whatever the hell that is if they even have one, other than the 'I got mine so don't do anything to rock the boat' plan) then PSA will be stepped on.

Note that somebody else is already operating the CRJ900 in the USAir Group fold. PSA pilots could sell out on pay, offer themselves up for peanuts and still lose the flying to MESA, or another contractor whore.

Which is worse, flying for less and less money or losing the airplanes?

You do know you can make $70K+ operating an excavator and be home every night, right? :unsure:

Did anybody notice if Duane said anything about Republic operating 86 seat ERJ 175s? :oops:

True but Republic pilots don't get paid more (up to $10 more) to fly there 86 seat airplanes then PSA will if they accept these 900s are there current blended rate.
PSA pilots need to make a stand and they will get the airplanes and a raise. -Cape

My "NO" vote was in a while ago, damn happy to do it too!

This vote shouldn't even be close. The fact that some people are considering voting YES is sickening. Gotta hand it to KH and TK, they are total a*#$&)% (pretty typical airline "management types"), but they aren't dumb. They throw this POS out and if it passes they look like heroes to Parker, Kirby etc... What do they have to lose? There are some at PSA who are voting YES for this!!!

BAH! Too upset to continue typing, we'll see what we'll see in a couple days.

Every PSA Pilot I talked to in the CLT crewroom today was very excited by Woerth's support of our negotiating process. Don't be suprised if you see the 900 proposal shot down by an 85% no vote.

Some rumors floating around PSA are: Woerth talked to Doug Parker, and Doug claimed to have no idea about the way the 900 deal was proposed to the PSA. The PSA MEC chair called the PSA CEO to tell him Woerth would not support the 900 deal even if it passed a pilot vote, and PSA's CEO was "speechless". There is a good chance that all this "take it or leave it/PSA will shut down" talk was coming from PSA management and not directed from Tempe. Don't be surprised to see a vote of no confidence in PSA management coming from our MEC early next week.

There is a good chance that all this "take it or leave it/PSA will shut down" talk was coming from PSA management and not directed from Tempe.

Well, well. I always thought Keith came into the office at Allegheny just to keep the seat warm and wait for retirement. I was sure the juvenile management idiocy and scare tactic came from Ebola, but it seems he was, yet again, just a mini-me to Keith.

I do hope the PSA Pilots tell KH to shove it. Maybe Doug could find him a nice place in the desert. :up:

It is time for a "heritage" contract for Piedmont, PSA, AWA, and US. One contract for all including flow through. We all work for the same holding company, it's about time.
I'm behind you PSA.

Thank you a320av8r,

We appreciate your support.