AMFA at UAL

----------------
On 7/16/2003 7:45:48 AM to much time to quit wrote:

----------------
On 7/16/2003 1:48:04 AM delldude wrote:

and soon you too my far fetched friend with your 18 plus years will be serving burgers along with me when AMFA rolls in to the disenfranchised and incoherant who wish for some sort of change without any sort of foresight as to which direction the lemmings are about to take in respect to their misaligned sympathy.....the genies out of the bottle ,be careful for what ye wishes.......watch northwest and ual for future insight into the direction amfa shall take..and read the tea leaves with thought...your days are numbered like the hairs on your head with AMFA in the drivers seat...oh yes,we showed the IAM...but theres only 300 of us working at U.

----------------​
Serving burgers? Thats the very problem with all of yous guys who would vote for anything and accept anything the iam and company would throw out there. No belief in yourself, no self esteem, no pride in your ability to do anything else in life. I''m disgusted with even replying to your type. I for one won''t be in the burger business. Hey maybe one day if I''m in pit you can biggie size my meal for me.

----------------​
Very well put. Sure glad to see someone else who is tired of seeing the "flipping burgers" cliche'' constantly applied, as though it is the most apt fate for anybody''s post-USAirways ( or anyone else''s airline ) "plan B". Anybody who thinks the fast food business is their immenent fate needs an injection of self-esteem.

----------------
On 7/15/2003 11:23:27 PM to much time to quit wrote:

----------------
On 7/15/2003 11:28:09 AM TDR1502C wrote:

(I work at NWA)

----------------​
Does anyone have any info on the time and date of our first AMFA informational meetings?

----------------​
It figures as much TMTTQ that you would be the one asking the time and date of the first informational meeting. If I believed as strongly in an organization as you believe in AMFA I wouldn't be asking for the time and date I'd be the one TELLING everyone where and when the meetings are going to be held.
Your not a leader TMTTQ your a follower, you come onto this board crying about how you got screwed by the IAM but when its time to do anything about it the best that you can do is stand on the side lines and let someone else do the dirty work for you, then when you dont get your way you start crying all over.
If its not the IAM your crying about it'll be AMFA if not AMFA it'll be the TWU. No matter what Union your part of it'll be weak, only because YOUR a member of it.

Here we go with all the iam double speak!! Amfa is the great satan, they allow maintenance bases to be closed, they allow work to be outsourced they don''t have the pull in washington they don''t have this or that blah blah blah!! Guess what guys, we farm out 50% of our work here at US!! Apparently nobody remembers Airmotive, INT, GSO, ROA, TPA and many more out stations that have been reduced to nothing. But the iam is better? I don''t think so!! They have had years to produce and they failed period! Amfa may not be the fix all but in my opinion at this point it can''t be any worse

Are there US Airways planes in Singapore, Greensboro, Dothan, or at any MRO being overhauled?

The answer is no.

But you will find Northwest(44% oh wait, amfa''s contract says NWA can only farm out 38% how can this be? and NWA keeps laying off mechanics), Alaska, Horizon, ACA, Mesaba and Southwest(70%) airplanes at MROs getting overhauled.

The 50% number is 99.9% engines, which we do not overhaul any and some components.

And before anyone says there are six airbii at GYR in PHX, those are not US Airways airplanes, they were returned to the leaseholder (Phillip Morris) and are stored at GYR.

We all ready have the tooling, the documents and pictures to prove we have it, and we all ready do the c-1-c10 checks in CLT line and DCA Line, we all ready do the c-11 check in CLT base and we all ready do the HMV on the A330 in CLT. Wise up and think.

The reason we don't overhaul JT8s anymore is we don't fly them and the vendoring out of CFM56s was lost in arbitration case, so that is why we are on the offensive when it comes to the Airbus HMV.

The work is ours, every airplane we have ever flown we have overhauled since 1949, the scope language has not changed. We did not have the tooling for the CFM after they sold the engine shop.

If the company tries to vendor it out they will have a fight on their hands, are you willing to fight?

What would keep them from selling the facilities and/or tooling (like you say was done for the CFM) required for the heavy airbus checks?

--And yes, I am willing to shut it all down.

----------------
On 7/16/2003 7:50:37 PM LavMan wrote:

Are there US Airways planes in Singapore, Greensboro, Dothan, or at any MRO being overhauled?

The answer is no.

But you will find Northwest(44% oh wait, amfa''s contract says NWA can only farm out 38% how can this be? and NWA keeps laying off mechanics), Alaska, Horizon, ACA, Mesaba and Southwest(70%) airplanes at MROs getting overhauled.

The 50% number is 99.9% engines, which we do not overhaul any and some components.

And before anyone says there are six airbii at GYR in PHX, those are not US Airways airplanes, they were returned to the leaseholder (Phillip Morris) and are stored at GYR.

----------------​
"The 50% number is 99.9% engines" If memory serves me right, engines WERE at one time IAM work [JT8''s]This brings up a good question, WHY aren''t we doing our engine work any more ?? OH, could it be that the company simply said we didn''t have the tooling to do the work on the new generation engines ? Wonder what the chances are when the issue of Airbus HMV comes up, Will the company simply say, We don''t have the tooling to do the HMV on the Airbus, Darn, I guess were''re going to have to contract the work out just like the engines.....???

----------------
On 7/16/2003 8:51:03 PM LavMan wrote:

We all ready have the tooling, the documents and pictures to prove we have it, and we all ready do the c-1-c10 checks in CLT line and DCA Line, we all ready do the c-11 check in CLT base and we all ready do the HMV on the A330 in CLT. Wise up and think.

The reason we don''t overhaul JT8s anymore is we don''t fly them and the vendoring out of  CFM56s was lost in arbitration case, so that is why we are on the offensive when it comes to the Airbus HMV.

----------------​
So, are you saying that we will get the Airbus HMV work,,,OR,,, lose it in a arbitration case ???? Wise up and think.

Hey there mr slug, I'm having difficulty typing tonight as my eyes are all watery from crying over the iam loss at UAL. Wah,Wah,Wah. My statement concerning the info meetings from AMFA was just to let you guys know that we will one day have them. I am not an AMFA rep at this time so I'm not running the show. They haven't filed YET for a representation vote at Usair YET. And I don't fully blame the iam for all the problems, its also all of the spineless coworkers who were SCARED by the co/union the 2nd VOTE. And I came off the sidelines 3 times to vote NO and the tentative agreements worked out by the almighty iam passed. And I could never claim I had anything to do with all the DIRTY work the iam has done. PATHETIC! And yes I hope I can follow the mechanics at United by kicking out the LIEING and DECEIVING iam in the near future. All for now slugtug, I can barely see.Waa,Waa,Waa
8.gif
11.gif

----------------
On 7/16/2003 2:28:37 PM tug_slug wrote:

----------------
On 7/15/2003 11:23:27 PM to much time to quit wrote:

----------------
On 7/15/2003 11:28:09 AM TDR1502C wrote:

(I work at NWA)

----------------​
----------------​
It figures as much TMTTQ that you would be the one asking the time and date of the first informational meeting. If I believed as strongly in an organization as you believe in AMFA I wouldn't be asking for the time and date I'd be the one TELLING everyone where and when the meetings are going to be held.
Your not a leader TMTTQ your a follower, you come onto this board crying about how you got screwed by the IAM but when its time to do anything about it the best that you can do is stand on the side lines and let someone else do the dirty work for you, then when you dont get your way you start crying all over.
If its not the IAM your crying about it'll be AMFA if not AMFA it'll be the TWU. No matter what Union your part of it'll be weak, only because YOUR a member of it.

----------------​
good point tug....no union is a union without strong members who are willing to get involved!(btw,whens that amfa informational?)

On 7/16/2003 9:11:10 PM LavMan wrote:

If the company tries to vendor it out they will have a fight on their hands, are you willing to fight?
----------------

Lavman,

Who is going to fight your battle? The union that was confused and did not know how to vote? Jerry Glass has gotten everything that he wants from the unions. I would like an honest answer from you. Do you really think that your union can win against the company?

Dave has gotten almost everything that he wants so far from the employees. I highly respect Pitbull for the fight that they have against Management but it is an uphill battle that cannot be won. I am not pro Jerry but he has won every battle so far. Pitbull should understand that the picketing has little affect on passenger travel. If I was a passenger I would care less how a company treats the employees. To say that a company forces you to work sick is not true. Nobody has a gun pointing at their head, this is a free country and QUIT if you do not like your job or feel that you are being treated unfairly.

Anything is still possible when the airlines are still utilizing force majeure.

Here is some info about NWA.

June 18 (Reuters) - Northwest Airlines Corp. said on Wednesday that it will lay off 150 mechanics because the pneumonia-like virus SARS has crushed Pacific demand and forced the airline to park many of its large jets.
Northwest invoked force majeure to make the layoffs, and will provide less severance than it would under its contract with mechanics.

Lavman,

The guy posted on here that works at NWA says they are recalling mechanics, and you say they are furloughing more. I''ll go with his word on this since by working at NWA, he probably is more involved with that situation than you.

LavMan, how successful was the IAM in badmouthing AMFA during the Alaska, Northwest and UAL representational elections? If AMFA was as miserable at bargaining and representing their members as you say they are, why did AMFA win those elections? Why hasn''t AMFA been replaced by another union if the situations at AMFA represented airlines are so terrible?

Myself, I was an IAM supporter until the International stepped on our elected slate of mechanic representatives when they listened to the membership at the possible expense of the International. (I voted for Tom Pederson, and we would likely still be IAM if he had kept his position) After that there appeared to be no way to "change from within" with the IAM. AMFA is not perfect; after all, it is a human organization, and also a union, not a religion, but they are doing a better job of listening and representing the membership than what we had before. If you want the IAM to stay representing US Airways, put the members first and try to be as truthful as possible. Maybe the IAM will learn from the past and stop being AMFA''s strongest campaigner.

By the way, the farmouts of NWA aircraft to domestic and foreign MRO''s began while the IAM was still representing the mechanics at NWA. Why is that never mentioned?

Back