Amfa Drive Mci

Bruce

Sep 23, 2003
Visit site
I work at AFW no body wants mci or any base to close the facts are AA is playing everying one against each other. The twu fought all the way to keep the company from implementing the stand instead early out thinking that these folks will not of signed a card they dont care that some people would like to retire and enjoy there life. But the twu is now worried all the people getting layed off will sign a card the only thing this union want is to keep us beaton down and everybody working for 5 bucks!!! so we can keep hireing and the dues coming in. Everybody needs to wake up and sign that AMFA card and get this over with the IAM had problems but i think we all agree they were not as bad as the twu, but hey there not coming back so lets move forward and get this worthless union off the property and move forward. its TIME AMFA NOW and Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Bruce..may I be the first , of sound mind, to inform you there is NO drive for amfa at MCI. Without proper leadership at the helm you will not see your goal. Now, listen close...for a nominal fee I , Drippy Quill, will lead MCI into the oncoming amfa path...however sir..this cost will not be slight. It will cost you dearly to give up an AFL-CIO affiliation, you will now be supporting a real estate agency and an ugly ole man that likes to sniff. Currently you have one TA Haines leading the amfa tour..with his loyal driver Pete Mendelsohm < I don't pay Federal tax> at his side lighting the raunchy cigars. You have sneaky Danny who wants to be taller but momma nature screwed him whispering in the background.... or Ima rat Eubanks who ran to HR squealing he was harrassed and threatened by a 140 lb fuel tanker...hahahahahaha.....fact is Bruce..if it wasn't for the concessions, that were voted in, you'd have no amfa following at all at MCI except for the 3 previously mentioned dummies. Tell me ole bruddah of mine..how much do the local bruddahs know of TWU? What they read in here written by the good ole boyzzzz that screwed them out of their seniority, and now dummie you're wanting them to support your cause?

Possibly leading your bunch is to big a job even for Drippy Quill.

ask TA if his prices dropped 17.5% on his junk food....

funny how the concessions were passed @ MCI by what...73%? and only about 38% admitted to it...can you spell loser loser?

Ooooopsy...how the heck I know so much living in STL? seems the amfa leadership here isn't as smart as the infamous Drippy Quill...now Bruce..bend down bruddah and kiss the ring of a real leader...Drippy Quill!hahahahahaha

Oh i hope all those new twu shirts and laynards dont stop the amfa drive!! what are we to do :lol: and now we will have something for the homeless they deserve new rags ..

Bruce said:
Oh i hope all those new twu shirts and laynards dont stop the amfa drive!! what are we to do :lol: and now we will have something for the homeless they deserve new rags ..
Hmmm...at least they'd have something at MCI instead of being the first to be offered up as a sacrifice for "class and craft".

KCFlyer:

Are you a pilot?

And if so do you fly for American?

Please define what you mean by being sacrificed for "class and craft"?

Buck said:
KCFlyer:

Are you a pilot?

And if so do you fly for American?

Please define what you mean by being sacrificed for "class and craft"?
Nope...not a pilot, nor an airline employee. Just from what I've read, AMFA is there to protect "class and craft" - and layoffs are supported to that acheive that end. If a base is "iffy" to stay open, why would those who work there want to vote in a union who would reccommend the closure of that base to protect members at the other bases?

It would appear that you are blaming AMFA for the layoffs in the industry?

It would appear that you are blaming AMFA for an "iffy" base closure situation?

Where has AMFA, who does not represent anyone at American Airlines, recommended the closure of any American base or any base?

Do you believe the wages and benefits of the represented employees should be lowered just to continue the employment of the masses?

Should this airline continue to employ a workforce at numbers that are not required if the workload has decreased?

Buck - MCI right now is an "iffy" situation. Under AMFA, from what I understand, it would be a no brainer - close the base and protect the class and craft of the other bases. So why would someone at that base be gung ho on voting in AMFA?

Unions don't close bases. Companies close them. You cannot continually blame any union for the conditions of the airline industry. AMFA has nothing to do with base closings.

Since you spend quite a bit of your time hear, you already know why I want AMFA. I want to improve my profession and I cannot do so being the minority in an industrial union.

"If a base is "iffy" to stay open, why would those who work there want to vote in a union who would reccommend the closure of that base to protect members at the other bases? "

KCFlyer, would you explain why you think AMFA would recommend the closure of MCI?

Buck said:
Unions don't close bases. Companies close them. You cannot continually blame any union for the conditions of the airline industry. AMFA has nothing to do with base closings.

Since you spend quite a bit of your time hear, you already know why I want AMFA. I want to improve my profession and I cannot do so being the minority in an industrial union.
Buck, you are putty in politician's hands. Politics is not an aircraft wiring diagram, it is more like wiring in a hundred year old house without any diagrams.

At NWA from what one can judge by the number of mechanics left in overhaul, the base(s) that have been closed or shrunk, AMFA did have a say in the companies decisions...by not negotiating to try to keep the work in house.

Learn to read between the lines. Learn to infer what is meant not what is spelled out in black and white. But then conservatives only see the world in black and white. How sad for you to miss the glory of natures paint box.

Wretched Wrench said:
"If a base is "iffy" to stay open, why would those who work there want to vote in a union who would reccommend the closure of that base to protect members at the other bases? "

KCFlyer, would you explain why you think AMFA would recommend the closure of MCI?
Okay let's try it this way. Yes, the company is always at fault when it comes to base closures. But lets say that all the guys at MCI cast their vote for the AMFA. YOu get the union in at American Airlines. The company comes to you and says "We need concessions, or else we'll have to close a base. Most likely MCI since it wasn't one of our originial bases". What will the AMFA recommend? Well, from what I've read, concessions are an anathema, so the obvious choice is to close the base.

Now...given that highly likely scenario, what does the AMFA offer MCI mechanics? Oh yeah, the opportunity to come back in at higher wages when the times get better. So why would they cast a vote that will basically insure the loss of their jobs?

What we have seen is that a company is going to do whatever it wants to do irregardless of what the Unions do, an example is that the concessions were suppose to save jobs and help all of us, what did the concessions actually do, it saved the company a pile of money but the company went ahead and laid off thousands of employees it did not save their jobs and on top of laying them off they did not get their 12,500 to help them get on their feet till they could find another job, the concession may not have saved the bases, if they close a base then obviously the concession did not save the bases, in my opinion what the concession did was take money and benefits from us and put it into AA bank account, we Mechanics have been doing this for years without balance, when we finally achieve some balance the TWU gives it all away and we get nothing in return for giving it all away, One guy was right when he said if it wasn't for the TWU giving the farm away there would be no AMFA drive, I signed my first card when the TWU gave the farm away that was the last straw for me, everyone has their own reasons for wanting AMFA, being pissed off at the TWU concession is as good a reason as any.
I for one am done moving in the wrong direction with the TWU, they say they will get it all back for us, BULLSHIT the TWU is incapable of doing anything for us they are in fact a bunch docile losers with no backbone.

I have been at AA for 17 years and I have only seen one decent contract from the TWU and two years after they got it they gave the dam thing away plus everything that we had negotiated for the past 17 years, I was going to print this new contract out, but what would be the use there is nothing in it worth having anymore, all the good language has been taken out.
what is left if nothing but pure crap.
:angry:

The TWU must go and I think it is time that we Organizers did something to help educate the membership if you know what I mean..... :up:

KCFlyer said:
Wretched Wrench said:

Okay let's try it this way. Yes, the company is always at fault when it comes to base closures. But lets say that all the guys at MCI cast their vote for the AMFA. YOu get the union in at American Airlines. The company comes to you and says "We need concessions, or else we'll have to close a base. Most likely MCI since it wasn't one of our originial bases". What will the AMFA recommend? Well, from what I've read, concessions are an anathema, so the obvious choice is to close the base.

Now...given that highly likely scenario, what does the AMFA offer MCI mechanics? Oh yeah, the opportunity to come back in at higher wages when the times get better. So why would they cast a vote that will basically insure the loss of their jobs?
<_< KCflyer--- You've hit the nail right on it's head! And no! I'm not promoting the TWU!!!!! But, let's get back to the real world here! American has to make up their minds on MCI before the lease at MCI expires at the end of the year! They have been saying it'll be "soon"! Whatever that means! But I believe it'll be a non-issue by the time there would be a representation "vote", if there is going to be a vote! Which I feel will happen! But the fate of MCI should be settled well before then!

Latest posts

Back