"THE CLOCK IS TICKING"

AMFAinMIAMI

Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Miami, Fl.
We have reached the Month of May and if you all want the TWU Gone from AA its time to sign a card.

Both the AMFA supporters and the IBT guys started card drives almost 1 yr ago. The cards will expire soon for both. Both groups of Organizers will be fighting for every card they can get. Some may need to be resigned if you did sign one before the end of May 2012.

So when they are filed the TWU and AA will not be able to inflate the number of eligible votes to a point that we don't get a vote.

If it dose not happen this time around we at AA will be stuck with the TWU forever. (what a thought) I hope it isn't so. The reason we will be stuck is the merger with USAir will happen. At that point everyone with recall rights to USAir will have a vote. IAM has life time recall rights.

The IBT said they would file almost every month of the last 4 if I am not mistaken. Didn't happen. The AMFA organizers have said the end of May.

The AMFA organizers knew that anyone with recall rights to AA will fall off the list by mid month. (MAY) Thus making it better for the total cards required.

IF you really want the TWU GONE.....NOW is the time to get a card and sign it. If we are stuck with the TWU due to AA and the TWU's number of eligible voters and don't get a VOTE. Just think what they will do to us NEXT.

30 days

I was wondering if there is a time limit for the NMB to make a decision on holding an election. Could the NMB stall the decision until AA comes out of Bankruptcy and now has 3500 plus union members from USAir that have not signed AMFA cards and thus not a majority for an election under the new AA ? The political bed sharing between the AFLCIO the AFLCIO unions the NMB and the Compaany is mind boggling if there is no election this time around I say we go with the unions at Delta and JetBlue... (no union) with better pay and benefits than we have now.

Once the cards are filed the NMB will insure they are all good cards and the required number is there as well.

Then it will take approx 3-4 months fro that to happen and for them to send us a ballot.

The merger with USAir will have no effect on a filing by the AMFA or by the IBT.

Reactions: 2 people
TIC TOC TIC TOC

The TWU's time is coming to an end.​

Hurry sign your card so that AA and the twu won't be able to inflate the numbers so we don't get a vote.

Just filing the cards doesn't get us a vote we need enough to show the NMB that we have an interest to remove the TWU.

That is what you want, isn't it?

Sign a card today

AMFA at AA in 2013

29 Days

Lets see,

AMP came up short after 22 months of organizing,(over 800 cards by there account)then turns the cards over to Amfa, Amfa main organizer spends his time trying to organize AA instead of working on organizing the un-organized in the industry. Now the 12th hour has approached and the hotdog and Kool-Aid weekly rallies are bearing no fruit.

What's next? I see Amfa going back to Dallas with their tail between their legs and Delles pipe dream disappearing again.

When will you all realize Amfa is managements best tool to suppress the AMT's next to the RTW groups.

In Solidarity,
CIO

Lets see,

AMP came up short after 22 months of organizing,(over 800 cards by there account)then turns the cards over to Amfa, Amfa main organizer spends his time trying to organize AA instead of working on organizing the un-organized in the industry. Now the 12th hour has approached and the hotdog and Kool-Aid weekly rallies are bearing no fruit.

What's next? I see Amfa going back to Dallas with their tail between their legs and Delles pipe dream disappearing again.

When will you all realize Amfa is managements best tool to suppress the AMT's next to the RTW groups.

In Solidarity,
CIO

AMFAs main organizer? I was under the impression that AMFA does not have any paid organizers. So that means that the AMFA organizers at AA are all mechanics at AA right? So are you saying that mechanics at AA should just be satisfied with a contract with terms that are inferior to non-union and then go around and convince non-union mechanics to join in their misery? I'm not getting what you are saying here. As usual you aren't making sense.

Tick tock, whether or not AMFA files in May the TWU is done. As Tulsa and Title II shrink so does the TWU's chances of remaining at AA. Line maintenance will pick anybody but the TWU.

You claim that AMFA is managements tool, well then explain why management always helps the TWU keep AMFA out then? If AMFA was managements tool why would they include retired people, dead people and terminated people on the list? Its really a stretch to say that AMFA, where guys volunteer their own time to organize and not the TWU guys who get A5 passes, padded pensions and who knows what else from AA, who pull out the stops to convince mechanics into giving away everything that unions fought for, are management tools.

The ranks of management at AA have a lot more ex-TWU officers than AMFA supporters. The transition from one to the other appears to be seamless.

The only fault I find with the AMFA strategy is impatience. The TWU agreement is eroding the TWUs base. If headcount really does go down to 6000 or so mechanics the majority of those that remain will be on the line. From what I read in the papers AA has accelerated the delivery of new aircraft, well as the new airplanes come so does the need for overhaul. As those jobs go away so does the TWUs chances of remaining the bargaining unit for M&R. So maybe it will, or maybe it wont be in 2013, but this is the last contract that the TWU will negotiate for aircraft mechanics.You're reign of terror and destruction on the profession is coming to an end.

Reactions: 6 people
Lets see,

In Stupidity,
CIO

Reactions: 6 people
Out on the hangar floor there is a lot a division between AMFA and the IBT but there is one thing we all agree on, that is booting the TWU's ASS out the door

Reactions: 4 people
Lets see,

In Solidarity,
CIO

Hey Don,

Let's see. The twu still relying on another industrial
union to help protect the dues flow I see.

Let's see. The AMFA bill board sign paid for by AMFA
Organizers and supporters is generating more support
for AMFA and you can't do anything about it I see.

Let's see. The fact that we will file at the end of the month
has you and the other appointed sell outs scared silly I see.

Let's see. The burger cookouts are generating more first time
AMFA card signers and that has the ATD soiling their under garments
I see.

What I see is a historical event where both the company and
twu will not be able to prevent an election for my craft and class
at AA. I see cowards such as yourself clinging to an unaccountable,
undemocratic, industrial union that is purposely selling out the
membership in order to take care of the appointed few.

I see AMFA representing my craft and class at AA.

You should get your eyes checked.

Go AMFA!

Reactions: 2 people
Lets see,

In Solidarity,
CIO

And the Village Idiot posts again.

Out on the hangar floor there is a lot a division between AMFA and the IBT but there is one thing we all agree on, that is booting the TWU's ASS out the door

We shall see what TUL decides this time!!

Reactions: 3 people
Lets see,

In Solidarity,
CIO
Why are you and these other pro twu posters even concerned with these drives? Its obvious your convinced that the twu is doing a brilliant job of representing the dues payers so why even waste your time with monitoring this board? The bottom line is that you know that there's a problem and the twu is hanging on by a thread called tule. When there is no accountability at the top layer than this is what happens. No matter who is elected at the local level nothing will change when the upper non elected controlling level is the supreme authority. Get a life and retire already or are you doing this as part of your resume to the international? You or none of jims other minions could get elected if it was up to the membership at large to vote you a job but we know that is not how the system works so maybe your not so dumb after all!

Why AMFA failed at Northwest

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/10112WhyAMFAFailedatNorthwestAirlines(2008).pdf