"THE CLOCK IS TICKING"

AMFA gives up on Northwest and DL says thanks but no thanks

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2009/02/nw-union-steps-aside-so-its-me.html/

Reactions: 4 people
If their are any doubts check the osm scope and what they can do ON THE DOCKS! They screwed you again tulsa! Please sign a card!

Reactions: 1 person
TIC TOC TIC TOC

The TWU & IBT are on the clock

As we approach the months end each day the TWU and IBT will be throwing all they can at you, about How Bad AMFA is, and how better it will be with them.
At this point does it matter we have heard it all. Each time the AMFA Organizers have stood strong and together and shown you over and over, what the TWU has done to US, and what will happen under the IBT.

It's going to be up to YOU to decide YOUR fate. The fate of YOUR class and craft and the mechanics who will follow as we all retire.

If YOU and the guy who works next to YOU have ever talked about how sick and tired YOU are of what's happening to your pay check, then NOW is the Time to do some thing about it.

It's TIME YOU SIGNED A CARD

It's TIME YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE

It's TIME YOU MAKE A STAND

It's TIME FOR US TO RID AA OF THE TWU

It's time for all of US to stand together and tell AA we are not going to take any more concessions. That the deal making with the TWU is OVER. WE are going to send the TWU packing and reboot the class and craft at AA. Start over with a UNION in which 100% of its members are looking out for YOU. Be a leader and bring Your fellow mechanics to the next AMFA Organizers function. Don't let AA and the TWU inflate the number of required cards, so the NMB will not give us a Vote again.

28 Days to go!!!

AMFA at AA in 2013

AMFA gives up on Northwest and DL says thanks but no thanks

http://aviationblog....so-its-me.html/
AMFA did the right thing here. Who the hell wants to represent "scabs"? AMFA does not. While the teamsters, TWU, IAM and other groups do represent "scabs" as they all crossed or encourage all groups to cross AMFA's picket lines. It was a failure in the unionism column because all the industrial unions are so afraid of AMFA taking over the airline mechanics industry that they all came together to try and run AMFA out of the industry. They will do anything possible to get AMFA out. The collateral working together to oust AMFA at AA by the industrial unions confirm this all over again. They all know what will happen within the industry of representing airline mechanics once AMFA wins at AA and they all see how AMFA really operates for themselves. The three main unions (IAM, TWU and the ibt) will feel the rather large reductions in union dues once this starts to flow thru-out our industry. My prediction would be AE will follow in the footsteps of the AA mechs and bring in AMFA, then the united/CAL mechs will bring AMFA back in, especially after seeing and feeling what the teamsters are all about. After United other airline mechanics will follow suit. The three main unions (IAM, TWU, and the ibt) are all scared to death what will happen after AMFA wins at AA. Overspeed, the teamsters are worse than what you have now, and they will cost more to have them represent you, therefore you guys will be taking, yet again, more concessions if you guys bring them in over AMFA. It will also be a gut wrenching mistake that you all won't see until it's too late, just like the United guys are now posting about. AMFA at AA in 2013...

AMFA did the right thing here. Who the hell wants to represent "scabs"? AMFA does not. While the teamsters, TWU, IAM and other groups do represent "scabs" as they all crossed or encourage all groups to cross AMFA's picket lines. It was a failure in the unionism column because all the industrial unions are so afraid of AMFA taking over the airline mechanics industry that they all came together to try and run AMFA out of the industry. They will do anything possible to get AMFA out. The collateral working together to oust AMFA at AA by the industrial unions confirm this all over again. They all know what will happen within the industry of representing airline mechanics once AMFA wins at AA and they all see how AMFA really operates for themselves. The three main unions (IAM, TWU and the ibt) will feel the rather large reductions in union dues once this starts to flow thru-out our industry. My prediction would be AE will follow in the footsteps of the AA mechs and bring in AMFA, then the united/CAL mechs will bring AMFA back in, especially after seeing and feeling what the teamsters are all about. After United other airline mechanics will follow suit. The three main unions (IAM, TWU, and the ibt) are all scared to death what will happen after AMFA wins at AA. Overspeed, the teamsters are worse than what you have now, and they will cost more to have them represent you, therefore you guys will be taking, yet again, more concessions if you guys bring them in over AMFA. It will also be a gut wrenching mistake that you all won't see until it's too late, just like the United guys are now posting about. AMFA at AA in 2013...

Actually AMFA did try to recruit the scabs that had infested the new NWA after the strike was settled. Another mistake AMFA made during that time..But like you have pointed out every union even ALPA has forgiven scabs and brought them back into the ranks. I hope AMFA and those who support it have learned from past mistakes because truthfully the membership is the union at AMFA unlike the their industrial counterparts. The IAM does have a good structure and members such as 700UW and Kev3188 are very knowledgeable and good union guys just for me I had enough of the IAM taking us the AMT for granted and that last contract they brought us in 1999 was the last straw. AMT's deserve a craft union but like I have pointed out in the past the NMB class and craft rules make it hard for AMT's to go it alone. I guess SWA guys do ok but for me I have done much better without union membership. If I was to be union again I would make sure I was in another classification..Good Luck and I hope if you do vote in a union it is AMFA.

Actually AMFA did try to recruit the scabs that had infested the new NWA after the strike was settled.

Lineguy43

I wish you guys would get it straight, before you post stuff like this. AMFA does NOT have any Oganizers on the payroll, or an Organizing staff. The organizers at any airline for AMFA are grass roots types who want to bring AMFA in. Unlike the ( IBT-IAM-TWU )

If any of the NWA airlines guys attempted to recruit the scabs I would find that hard to believe.

So you are saying that while they walked a picket line they asked the scabs to join the union?

Or is it after the strike was settled and AMFA was the union of record and was by contractual terms
required to represent all members covered under that contract. Some did join and pay dues other did not.

Then when Delta took over NWA they decertified to ease the aquisition of NWA, and help the rank and file.

The IAM had scabs at Eastern, and NWA, yes even some of amfa's own crossed. At one time or another most unions do. Thats the I got mine generation. When was the last time at any airline the Teamsters called for a strike? The IAM has now at USAir. How about the TWU?

The TWU at AA has not because if you ask most here at AA they would say that there would be such a stampede to get to work if ever a strike was to happen at AA. ( what a shame )

Most of the AA blue bloods just don't know any better. As long as it does not effect them most don't care.

Changing unions will start the reboot but it will take leadership from within to change the mindset of the AA mechanics.

27 Days

Until we can send our Message to AA and the TWU that we are done.

We have had it with the TWU

AA and the TWU is going to do everything within their power
to keep us from our Goal

Enough is enough, change is coming
Take part in that change, sign an AMFA Card

Be the solution, Lets send the scammers of the TWU
into retirement or into management since they are one in the same.

We can do it, but it's up to

YOU

Reactions: 3 people
Dude, your gonna look like an idiot when they don't file.

27 Days

Until we can send our Message to AA and the TWU that we are done.

We have had it with the TWU

AA and the TWU is going to do everything within their power
to keep us from our Goal

Enough is enough, change is coming
Take part in that change, sign an AMFA Card

Be the solution, Lets send the scammers of the TWU
into retirement or into management since they are one in the same.

We can do it, but it's up to

YOU

I've been away. Vacation. Just not caring, and the like.

But a question. What exactly happens in 27 days?

Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts