"THE CLOCK IS TICKING"

I've been away. Vacation. Just not caring, and the like.

But a question. What exactly happens in 27 days?

Thanks for the reply.
Hope your vacation was very relaxing for you and your family. What happens? Well at end of this month (May) AMFA will be filing for a representational election at AA with the NMB. Wow! You have been away for awhile, welcome back...

Dude, your gonna look like an idiot when they don't file.

Dallas Cone head

Filing is not the problem its getting a VOTE, Insuring that no matter what the TWU does or AA we have sufficient amount of cards. The TWU is now talking about merging with the CWA. I ask you why at this time are they doing that?

With only 26 days till the end of the month every AMt at AA should be helping to rid AA of the TWU.

Enough is enough, Just how much money have you lost since 2001? And how much more before you walk away?

How much vacation have you lost? What about our pension that is not getting any bigger either.

AFW is closed, as soon as the MD-80s are gone AA will make drastic cuts in Tulsa as well. The TWU will just say they can do that Brother.

Do you want them around at the next negotiation time I don't along with may others.

You are right along with Rogallo, I will look foolish along with every AMT at AA.

The rest of the industry will say those guys at AA are stupid, the TWU and AA screws them and they LIKE it. AA and the TWU have driven the bar down so low its a disgrace.

26 Days
Sign an AMFA card
The time is
NOW

You wont get what you lost by changing unions.

You are going to have to wait till the transition talks and/or section 6.

That is true.

But if what they say is true, the outcome of "changing unions" could have far reaching implications for us here at US.

And it could change the direction of the transition talks if we do merge.

Whether it will be good or bad, I wouldn't know. We never did that here.

Reactions: 2 people

No one ever said changing unions would return what was lost (stolen). Why do you insinuate this?

We will be AMFA before the transition talks and/or section 6. And with AMFA the membership will know exactly what is being said. The twu will NOT be able to make any "deals" because they will not be representing my craft and class!

Go AMFA!

Reactions: 5 people

I dont think anyone is thinking that we will automatically get everything back. We can stop giving, and start working on getting what we deserve.That is what most of us want!!!

Reactions: 2 people

You are correct, but we can stop the bleeding the TWU always advocates. Hell, everytime they enter any negotiations, they bring back something that for every gain we make we have to give up something of 125% or more of that value.

Reactions: 3 people
Actually AMFA did try to recruit the scabs that had infested the new NWA after the strike was settled. Another mistake AMFA made during that time..But like you have pointed out every union even ALPA has forgiven scabs and brought them back into the ranks. I hope AMFA and those who support it have learned from past mistakes because truthfully the membership is the union at AMFA unlike the their industrial counterparts. The IAM does have a good structure and members such as 700UW and Kev3188 are very knowledgeable and good union guys just for me I had enough of the IAM taking us the AMT for granted and that last contract they brought us in 1999 was the last straw. AMT's deserve a craft union but like I have pointed out in the past the NMB class and craft rules make it hard for AMT's to go it alone. I guess SWA guys do ok but for me I have done much better without union membership. If I was to be union again I would make sure I was in another classification..Good Luck and I hope if you do vote in a union it is AMFA.
We already have AMFA. I think you have me confused with someone else...