Amfa Organizers - Tulsa Distribution

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Today, September 9th, 2003 marked the first successful distribution of union material on the AA Tulsa Maintenance Base property.

Although much time has passed since the settlement of case 99-CV-0632 in the Northern District of Oklahoma, today should be remembered for what happened.

The AMFA Organizers demonstrated the ability to maintain a professional and unyielding attitude. Kudos, to all that showed the courage and determination to seek change. Not only a change in our union name, but also upheld the philosophy for which AMFA stands.

TWU Local 514 President Randy McDonald not only made a complete fool of himself, but he also embarrassed the entire profession with conduct that I cannot even describe. He attempted to provoke more than one organizer during the two hour distribution period. He actually begged the V.P. of Base Maintenance for assistance while claiming that “these guys a disrupting my membershipâ€￾. He sought to become a martyr and simply became the fool.

American Airlines management in Tulsa and Base Security should be commended for upholding the terms of the settlement agreement from AMFA/AA lawsuit regarding organizing rights under the Railway Labor Act. Without advanced notice, a force of over 60 organizers manned the 14 Turnstile stations on the Tulsa Base. This created a very difficult situation for Tulsa Base Management and Security.

I just want to personally thank O.V. Delle-Femine, Lee Seham, and Stanley Silverstone. Because without the legal assistance provided, the Tulsa base would still be off-limits to a neutral organizing environment. The ability to communicate is key to any union organizing campaign, and with the strength of courage of our Tulsa based organizers combined with a neutral setting, we are sure to succeed in securing our future with AMFA.

This has been one the longest and hardest fought battles of my 43 year life. But this crusade has also provided some of the most memorable experiences, which I wouldn’t trade for anything. Today, was a day that all seekers for change should be proud. The line mechanics at American Airlines can rest assured that the campaign for change in Tulsa is in the hands of some of the most competent and courageous men to whom I have ever been associated.

Thanks for your time,
And watch for the results!

Here is a link to the material distributed in Tulsa today.

http://www.air-mechanic.com/pdf/SeptemberHandout.pdf

During the distribution this afternoon My AMFA buddy and I were told, "12 years
give up".
"...We shall never surrender..." Sir Winston Churchill, cir. 1941.
The Actions of 514 president McDonald show how shocked, :shock: No, Shell Shocked the 514 is.
Informational Picket, Mass Distribution...Seems almost unfair to hit them with a one, two punch like that.
I commend the organizing committee for the hard work and strategy. :up: :up:
WAY TO GO

, "12 years give it up"... the quote wqs made by an older gentleman entering north end of Hanger 6. It definately was not Burchette. ;)

Do you actually believe the rhetoric you just posted?

What a twist! You go to court take away the rights of the scouts and charitable organizations from soliciting on AA property and you claim you won something! What a bunch of bull!!!

Twist and lie and deceive as you take away members rights! You guys got nothing that was not already in place! But $300,000 thousand dollars given to the Attorneys!

But don't believe me go look at the dates of all the distribution letters written by the company and when the policy was put in place! You will learn the truth!

The meeting notices and standing outside got you no place except piss people off! What an accomplishment!

Quotes from RV4. . .

I just want to personally thank O.V. Delle-Femine, Lee Seham, and Stanley Silverstone. Because without the legal assistance provided, the Tulsa base would still be off-limits to a neutral organizing environment.

The line mechanics at American Airlines can rest assured that the campaign for change in Tulsa is in the hands of some of the most competent and courageous men to whom I have ever been associated.

Sounds like your suckin' up Dave. Just think, in a week or so you will be able to kiss Dell's butt in person!! :up: I don't know you very well but it appears that you are somewhat "brainwashed". This AMFA thing has you all goofed up like you are in a cult or something. Just my opinion.

Oh, I heard there were far more complaints than praise about what went on at TUL today. And I commend R.M. for taking up for the members. You boys like to stir things up and then when someone acts in defense you call him a fool. Now, I didn't witness the event but he did have every right to get defensive. If you boys would stay out of peoples faces then maybe stuff like that wouldn't happen. I'm sure you will have your say so about what went on. I wouldn't be surprised if you were the instigator, but there are two sides to every story, so spin if you will.

"If you boys would stay out of peoples faces then maybe stuff like that wouldn't happen..."
The only "in your face" acts were performed by angry, scared TWU loyalists.
We took their abuse and they couldn't handle the situation.
'Twas a great day for AMFA at AA. :shock:

Checking it Out said:

What a twist! You go to court take away the rights of the scouts and charitable organizations from soliciting on AA property and you claim you won something! What a bunch of bull!!!

Twist and lie and deceive as you take away members rights! You guys got nothing that was not already in place! But $300,000 thousand dollars given to the Attorneys!

But don't believe me go look at the dates of all the distribution letters written by the company and when the policy was put in place! You will learn the truth!

The meeting notices and standing outside got you no place except piss people off! What an accomplishment!
The truth is that the company, under Dave Kruse (aka. Brother Kruse), refused to follow the Jim Whiel letter for distribution until the federal judge ruled in AMFA's favor. Then Kruse suddenly retired.
AMFA organizers were ratted out by TWUers like you and hauled into H.R. I know 'cause I was one of them. For passing out fliers DURING LUNCH.
Things have certainly changed.
I stood at the turnstiles and handed out at least 200 packets myself. Most people were polite, :)
some indifferent, <_<
some very interested :up:
and some shocked. :shock:
and a few were just childishly rude. :down:

And BTW TWUer, since you weren't there I'll tell you NO AMFA Organizers got in anyone's face. If it happened at all, it was instigated by TWU zealots that you and CIO have scared to death of AMFA.

Just keep watchin' that card count!

Checking it Out said:

Don't just post the LIES!

Post the "distribution letters" for all to see?

FACT - Red Cross Blood Drive coming inside the Tulsa Base this month. (Charitable)

FACT - United Way Campaign will be in full swing within the next two months. (Charitable)

FACT - In the last week, I have bought over $20 worth of items being sold by members in Tulsa for "fund raising" for youth sports. (Charitable)

FACT - The reason McDonald and others freaked today, is because they cannot stand the membership to read opposing views. They, like you want to LIE unchallenged.

FACT - Your TWU mis-informer has claimed AMFA spent $300,000.00 on organzing at AA, now you admit the truth. It was attorneys fees for the lawsuit wasn't it?

FACT - You guys better get you LIES straight, because you are failing to keep everyone on the same page.

FACT - the only "pissed off" people I saw, were the 150 TWU Zealots that you have trained using FEAR. Use of FEAR to preserve your union will do nothing but create cowards, and cowards will never challenge anybody, cowards will never strike for pay and benefits, cowards will never admit they are wrong, cowards are not the best team players, and cowards sure as hell do not make STRONG UNION MEN!

NOW GET ON BACK TO SUPPORTING THE ALREADY WEAKEST UNION IN AVIATION USING FEAR, AND CLAIM YOU ARE REAL UNION MEN. :shock:

The $300k was not organizing drive money because it was spend on legal expenses. Legal expenses to be allowed to distribute propaganda is not part of an organizing effort???

Dave, as always learn to read between the lines.

The only thing I fear is for a literalist like you to be facing AA's negotiators across the table. They will give you all the words you want to hear, and then do what they intended to do, and what you are too blind to see.

I sincerely hope that your job would be among the 38% of allowed outsourcing, that AMFA would lock-in in writing.

j7915 said:
The $300k was not organizing drive money because it was spend on legal expenses. Legal expenses to be allowed to distribute propaganda is not part of an organizing effort???

The only thing I fear is for a literalist like you to be facing AA's negotiators across the table. They will give you all the words you want to hear, and then do what they intended to do, and what you are too blind to see.

I sincerely hope that your job would be among the 38% of allowed outsourcing, that AMFA would lock-in in writing.
And then there is those like you who do not believe in the profession of the Aircraft mechanics craft and class, who will set across the table from your partner American Airlines and give away everything, just to keep the number of dues payers elevated. Your industrial union attitude is sickening at best. Cut the throat of one group to feed the other. Sounds non-union to me.....

twuer said:
Oh, I heard there were far more complaints than praise about what went on at TUL today. And I commend R.M. for taking up for the members. You boys like to stir things up and then when someone acts in defense you call him a fool. Now, I didn't witness the event but he did have every right to get defensive. If you boys would stay out of peoples faces then maybe stuff like that wouldn't happen. I'm sure you will have your say so about what went on. I wouldn't be surprised if you were the instigator, but there are two sides to every story, so spin if you will.
There is a damn big difference between acting "defensive" or "defending" your union versus acting atrociously and offensive, while provoking a confrontation. You should have reviewed the facts before making such un-informed comments!

I think corporate security is now on the hunt for the offender.

The video/audio from the Tulsa Base Security will not lie, like you.

There is no spin, just facts, typical TWU worthless acts of desperation will now be handled by someone other than the National Mediation Board.

Sad, but true, even the TWU supporters express embarrasment to me about the Local President. Every time Randy gets on television the membership cringes that the man is their leader.

I guess he was just "danged if he did, and danged if he didn't"
And without a doubt acted as though he has "gangrene" of the brain.

I see your response was more signs and slogans. GOOD LUCK with that defense.

j7915 said:

[/QUOTE]
You guys are still hung on the "38 % farm out". Would you please show us in the AA/TWU contract where it sets a specific LIMIT on "farm out".
OH: sorry you'll have to get it from the OLD contract... The TWU hasn't printed the NEW one yet. They haven't finalized all the language.
I'll bet another "SUCK UP LETTER" from Mr. (Hot Temper) McD to Hall would get it in print...NOT!
<_<

j7915 said:
Could you provide me the definition of "literalist"?

Is this some form of OKIE SLANG?

It is most difficult to respond to such unknown language?

j7915 said:

And what is the AA/TWU limit on outsourcing NOW? 38% would be an improvement. Have you ever read our scope clause? Can you understand it? 49.9% is our limit. How would a 38% limit be WORSE?