Amfa Organizers - Tulsa Distribution

RV4 said:
j7915 said:
The only thing I fear is for a literalist like you to be facing AA's negotiators across the table. They will give you all the words you want to hear, and then do what they intended to do, and what you are too blind to see.
Could you provide me the definition of "literalist"?

Is this some form of OKIE SLANG?

It is most difficult to respond to such unknown language?
RV4, stop being cute. You are the one who has the cut 'n paste dictionary handy when it suits you.

When I say you and your buddies are literalists, then that is meant in the same vein that all True Believers (True Believers as defined by Eric Hoffer) read the words without ever trying to understand the intent or meanings under those words.

Example of literalists:

Taliban,
most conservative US Christians,
Wahhabists,
aL-Queida,
AMFADave, AKA RV4, BUCK,
Scalia et. al. need I go on?

Look in Webster's 10th Collegiate Dic. :(

Buck said:
No there is no need to go on, it is only a matter of time until the TWU is history anyway. See you tomorrow.
Ditto's Buck, It's only a matter of time.
By the way,
J7915,
Add Superside to your list of Conservatives. But where you get off referencing;
Taliban,
Wahhabists
and aL-Queida, is bewildering. :huh:

It's only a matter of time...nah it's a matter of fact that not all mechanics embrace AMFA. Pinch yourself and re-read....we do NOT want AMFA..we prefer to work in the airline industry..not criticize from the unemployment lines...please do not do me any favors...

j7915 said:
RV4 said:
j7915 said:
The only thing I fear is for a literalist like you to be facing AA's negotiators across the table. They will give you all the words you want to hear, and then do what they intended to do, and what you are too blind to see.
Could you provide me the definition of "literalist"?

Is this some form of OKIE SLANG?

It is most difficult to respond to such unknown language?
RV4, stop being cute. You are the one who has the cut 'n paste dictionary handy when it suits you.

When I say you and your buddies are literalists, then that is meant in the same vein that all True Believers (True Believers as defined by Eric Hoffer) read the words without ever trying to understand the intent or meanings under those words.

Example of literalists:

Taliban,
Wahhabists,
aL-Queida,
AMFADave, AKA RV4, BUCK,

Here's something for you to take literally:
"It is understood that nothing in this article guarantees the maintenance of the present volume of work."
Now this literally means that our scope clause does nothing to stop the company from increasing the amount of work presently outsourced.

That might be your problem. You've been trying to take contract language figurativly(sp), not literally. I don't know what the figurative meaning of this sentence might be. Do you?

example of figurativists:
Hillary Clinton
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Bill Clinton (what does "is" mean?)
Ted Turner
Ted Kennedy
Descartes (I Think, therefore I am)
Jesse Jackson
Johnny Cochran
Green Peace
The Sierra Club
PETA
NOW
The ACLU

Superside said:
Ditto's Buck, It's only a matter of time.
By the way,
J7915,
Add Superside to your list of Conservatives. But where you get off referencing;
Taliban,
Wahhabists
and aL-Queida, is bewildering. :huh:
They interpret their Holy Books and reference dating from the 12th and 13th century literaly. Like most orthodox and or conservatives.

Drippy Quill said:
It's only a matter of time...nah it's a matter of fact that not all mechanics embrace AMFA. Pinch yourself and re-read....we do NOT want AMFA..we prefer to work in the airline industry..not criticize from the unemployment lines...please do not do me any favors...
It's also a fact that not all mechanics want the TWU. In fact MOST DON'T. Another fact is that there will likely be an election in which you will get a chance to cast your vote. I hope you're man enough to accept the outcome.
Of the approx. 16,000 M&R at AA, only 3 were around in 1945 when the TWU raided the incumbant Airline Mechanics Union. How those three voted is unknown to me. The TWU won and had their 68 year run, unchallenged.
It is time for the membership to afferm their choice of representative bargaining agent.
Sign a card and may the best union win.

j7915,

I can the handle the name calling, I can handle the twisted definitions of words to match the OKIE thought processes, I can handle that you choose to support the TWU...

What I don't understand is why you and the others of your same mentality are using FEAR, LIES, and Personal attacks to defend the TWU.

I dread the day that I have to execute a campaign that has complete reliance on negatives, and fear to tear down the opponent to make myself look good. You never offer any solutions, you never give details of any plan to correct what has happened, you never answer what the TWU has done for the mechanic profession, you simply spread fear and negative propaganda. Every time your spokesman appears on television he is promoting FEAR.

Awk, Awk, I've got a question. After you guys finish your campaign of teaching so-called union men to FEAR their JOBS if AMFA is elected, FEAR their jobs if they refuse Industry Leading Concessions, FEAR their jobs if 2025 doesn't pass, FEAR their jobs if the Repubilcans get elected.... Then how do you plan to motivate all of these fearful cowards that you have created to be willing to conduct or even condone a strike or job action, during the next negotiations, if that's what it takes to gain back what we have lost? What are you going to do, print another t-shirt with a snake on it? Another slogan or two?

Yes sir, you have every right to support the TWU and the way they choose to defend themselves, but I would really like an explanation as to how these tactics work in your favor long term?

Long Term, you and other leaders like you ARE THE PROBLEM!

j7915 said:

Example of literalists:

Taliban,
Wahhabists,
aL-Queida,
AMFADave, AKA RV4, BUCK,

You left a few off your list;
Sonny Hall
John Kerrigan-on those rare moments when he is awake
Jim Little

Gless and Yignst are too dumb to think for themselves, they dont even try to figure out what it means, they wait for Jim and Art to tell them.

RV4 said:
j7915,

I can the handle the name calling, I can handle the twisted definitions of words to match the OKIE thought processes, I can handle that you choose to support the TWU...

What I don't understand is why you and the others of your same mentality are using FEAR, LIES, and Personal attacks to defend the TWU.

I dread the day that I have to execute a campaign that has complete reliance on negatives, and fear to tear down the opponent to make myself look good. You never offer any solutions, you never give details of any plan to correct what has happened, you never answer what the TWU has done for the mechanic profession, you simply spread fear and negative propaganda. Every time your spokesman appears on television he is promoting FEAR.

Awk, Awk, I've got a question. After you guys finish your campaign of teaching so-called union men to FEAR their JOBS if AMFA is elected, FEAR their jobs if they refuse Industry Leading Concessions, FEAR their jobs if 2025 doesn't pass, FEAR their jobs if the Repubilcans get elected.... Then how do you plan to motivate all of these fearful cowards that you have created to be willing to conduct or even condone a strike or job action, during the next negotiations, if that's what it takes to gain back what we have lost? What are you going to do, print another t-shirt with a snake on it? Another slogan or two?

Yes sir, you have every right to support the TWU and the way they choose to defend themselves, but I would really like an explanation as to how these tactics work in your favor long term?

Long Term, you and other leaders like you ARE THE PROBLEM!
RV4 what makes you think that I am an unconditional TWU supporter? I get real heartburn thinking about the golden arches on Pine.

However as I have stated at the beginning of this thread, what I fear is AMFA sitting across from AA during negotiations. I really don't want any more moves. Too close to retirement, and the line boys are going to eat your lunch, get a snap back at overhaul's expense, but the three bases get to pay for their per capita, around 50% of the membership, of the expenses and get to vote based on the number of locals they represent, 3.

j7915 said:
Too close to retirement, and the line boys are going to eat your lunch, get a snap back at overhaul's expense, but the three bases get to pay for their per capita, around 50% of the membership, of the expenses and get to vote based on the number of locals they represent, 3.
j7915;

Unless Jim Little decides to impose more changes "without further ratification" the only way the line guys will eat your lunch is if you guys in Tulsa vote to let us. You have the numbers to reject or pass anything you want. There is not one thing that you can blame on the line guys, we never got anything at overhauls expense nor will we unless you guys OK(no pun intended) it because Tulsa is the only station in the system that can reject any agreement. No contract ever passed without a majority vote out of Tulsa.

As far as the per capita, you pay exactly what every one else pays, 1/3 of 2 hours pay per month to the International. The same as a Fleet service clerk in BDL, a mechanic in LAX, a dispatcher at DFW, a SWA flight attendant and a NYC Subway worker. If you feel that your Local is being asked to carry an unfair burden then maybe you should talk to Local 100. They have 36,000 members and their per capita goes to support some locals that have less than three hundred members. Tulsa may be top dog in the ATD but they are small compared to Local 100 and not much bigger than the SWA flight attendants.

Oh, by the way bring Tuna on whole wheat, I'm trying to lose weight. I cant imaging Tulsa voting no on anything, even giving some damn yankee his lunch. :)

It's also a fact that not all mechanics want the TWU. In fact MOST DON'T. Another fact is that there will likely be an election in which you will get a chance to cast your vote. I hope you're man enough to accept the outcome.

I am man enough that if AMFA does get in I will respect them as you do the TWU...BELIEVE THAT MAN!

BTW..AMFA does not have support at Kansas City...that is a fact. We read these boards and laugh at the continued repeated issues. We do not believe Delle walks on water, we also know how to hit the search engines and cut and paste, most of us were unionists when you all were pooping mustard...oh...did I mention we lead not follow? We'll handle our own local without Delle's aid, but you and RV are welcome to come here and polish our boots like ya want to do with Delle...no problemo...

Drippy Quill said:
[
I am man enough that if AMFA does get in I will respect them as you do the TWU...BELIEVE THAT MAN!
Yea if AMFA gets voted in they will tear the TWU sticker halfway off the basement door like they did with the IAM. If you were going to take it halfway off why not finish it?

I met some good guys during my brief visit but most of those officers were like little girls at a Friday the 13th movie.

One guy ran into the office in a complete panic "Uniteds contracting out overhaul, Uniteds contracting out overhaul".

Speaking of "pooping mustard" a few of those officers must of had to change their shorts.

Maybe you think you were big bad a$$ed unionists in your day, but the TWA boys in STL and JFK may disagree since you guys basically brought their pay down to just about the absolute lowest in the industry before AMR bought TWA.

Isnt Missouri a RTW state?

Now that you have eluded to your age I get your pen name. A doctor could probably help you with that drippy quill.

Bob Owens said:
Drippy Quill said:
[
Yea if AMFA gets voted in they will tear the TWU sticker halfway off the basement door like they did with the IAM. If you were going to take it halfway off why not finish it?

I met some good guys during my brief visit but most of those officers were like little girls at a Friday the 13th movie.

One guy ran into the office in a complete panic "Uniteds contracting out overhaul, Uniteds contracting out overhaul".

Speaking of "pooping mustard" a few of those officers must of had to change their shorts.

Maybe you think you were big bad a$$ed unionists in your day, but the TWA boys in STL and JFK may disagree since you guys basically brought their pay down to just about the absolute lowest in the industry before AMR bought TWA.

Isnt Missouri a RTW state?

Now that you have eluded to your age I get your pen name. A doctor could probably help you with that drippy quill.
How is the membership at MCI going to change the TWU from within? I eagerly await the union experience of the former IAM members to teach the rest of us about this change. And again Good Luck....

Hey Bobby...thx for thinking of my quill..and willingly take up the spill...however bro...wipe your yips and concede...some are smarter than you..I know...don't make sense...but they are....I get so hot when you cut and paste....bring it... I need the rush...