AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading what History? are you saying that AMFA members have been asking the TWU to start an Organizing Campaign at each of the carriers represented by AMFA? If that was the Case why haven't there been ANY Press release by the TWU or conversations anywhere about it?

You making statements doesn't make it True. Just another FALSE Narrative. Post something from the TWU's Organizing committee saying they have been asked to Raid SWA and ALK. Something UPTO Date with the TWU Logo.

When members of the TWU at AA start a card drive to replace the TWU it is Broadcasted every where.

Show the people on this Board your Proof, or it will or can be assumed that you are just stirring the Pot with those who can't defend their stance either way. Poking the dog with a stick hoping to get some child like response from someone.

There is Going to be another card drive from the AMFA Organizers at AA, so tell Samuelsen they are coming again, and M&R wants a VOTE.

The NMB has NOW provided a List and a count of ALL members and Groups that are in the M&R class and Craft, so the Organizers have this list and will approach those members to sign a card. Once they get enough they will return to the NMB with those cards.
Wow! This little ole organization (AMFA) sure is getting a lot of attention lately huh?
Kinda sounds like that little ole organization way back in early 70's that all the other airlines said wouldn't last at all, so why all the attention now??
AMFA drive, TWU raid, either way there will be another vote. I would expect the AMFA drive to get more cards though.
So what is the IAM saying about all this talk on the TWU going after the members of the combined asso.?

Wow! This little ole organization (AMFA) sure is getting a lot of attention lately huh?
Kinda sounds like that little ole organization way back in early 70's that all the other airlines said wouldn't last at all, so why all the attention now??
AMFA drive, TWU raid, either way there will be another vote. I would expect the AMFA drive to get more cards though.
So what is the IAM saying about all this talk on the TWU going after the members of the combined asso.?

I give it about a year before AMFA starts hanging these signs in their windows.

CDF8A769-18AF-44D4-9680-189052D1985C.jpeg

Thanks to your association, we now have a points system for sick time. You guys are the greatest.

You probably would like to double check but I think SWA also uses a (self managing) point system? As a matter of fact I believe the entire Airline Industry does as well.

Thanks to your association, we now have a points system for sick time. You guys are the greatest.

You probably would like to double check but I think SWA also uses a (self managing) point system? As a matter of fact I believe the entire Airline Industry does as well.
texasreb;
the weez is completely wrong and spreading false info again as usual.
We have a very easy sick time policy. If you are sick use it. They were successful on getting rid of the occurrences building up and now can use up to 9 sick days a year before, if asked, having to provide any medical info (like bills or even Dr. notes). I know of several guys who have spent long time off sick with sergeries and recoveries that were off for months at a time and not a word from anyone about their sick time off.
As long as your not abusing it, it's yours to be used as earned benefits. The only reason any co. has a sick policy is to reduce the abusers not the ones needing to use sick time for legit reasons.
The co. knows who all the abusers are. The non-abusers get no contact at all from co. when they go out for long periods. I know guys that had to take over a full month and not a letter or word was said.
AMFA has done very well on not allowing the sick time policy get too restrictive for the non-abusers.

texasreb;
the weez is completely wrong and spreading false info again as usual.
We have a very easy sick time policy. If you are sick use it. They were successful on getting rid of the occurrences building up and now can use up to 9 sick days a year before, if asked, having to provide any medical info (like bills or even Dr. notes). I know of several guys who have spent long time off sick with sergeries and recoveries that were off for months at a time and not a word from anyone about their sick time off.
As long as your not abusing it, it's yours to be used as earned benefits. The only reason any co. has a sick policy is to reduce the abusers not the ones needing to use sick time for legit reasons.
The co. knows who all the abusers are. The non-abusers get no contact at all from co. when they go out for long periods. I know guys that had to take over a full month and not a letter or word was said.
AMFA has done very well on not allowing the sick time policy get too restrictive for the non-abusers.

You still have a “Policy” as you just said it yourself. And I have over 800 hours in the bank and can also go out on a long term recovery and not be asked anything as well. AMFA has done nothing if you still have a policy also and no contractual language. Stop trying to sell baloney. I’m sure your Southwest Airlines controlled policy is no different than the rest of the Airline industry.

I don’t work for SWA. The association is the union that sold us down the river.

How so? If you’re LAA do you even know what your current LAA sick call policy is? I bet you have zero clue. And yes the Wild West free for all of the Pandemic is coming to an end. If you’re someone who’s been abusing your sick bank well the jig is up. Get yer arse back to work. Or if you got problems apply for FMLA.

Reactions: JREwing
How so? If you’re LAA do you even know what your current LAA sick call policy is? I bet you have zero clue. And yes the Wild West free for all of the Pandemic is coming to an end. If you’re someone who’s been abusing your sick bank well the jig is up. Get yer arse back to work. Or if you got problems apply for FMLA.
Your obviously a idiot. We just received a company email informing us of the new points system. I’ve got over 1200 sick hours and can’t use them for fear of getting fired. I hope to god your not one of the association officials.

Your obviously a idiot. We just received a company email informing us of the new points system. I’ve got over 1200 sick hours and can’t use them for fear of getting fired. I hope to god your not one of the association officials.

Please tell me that this really isn’t that difficult for you to understand and you’re only joking? If not would you like this uneducated idiot to explain it for you?

Where do you see that you can’t use your sick bank?

99E4B48B-6948-45E7-BE4C-58B6800B4DF4.jpeg30A5CCD2-5486-472A-B756-3858D6F2B623.jpeg747AC49A-B3A3-491A-A615-5454C2526DEE.jpeg

So doing some math for you. You say you have 1200 hours. 1200 divided by 8 is 150 days. So let’s say you want to drain your sick bank before you retire and start calling in sick consecutively. If you look at the chart I posted that would mean you only get 2 points. Any occurrence over 5 straight being 2 points, anything under 5 being just 1 point. You need 11 points to be terminated.

Now if I’m an idiot and could figure that out I have to be really concerned with what you are and if you actually work on Airplanes.

So doing some math for you. You say you have 1200 hours. 1200 divided by 8 is 150 days. So let’s say you want to drain your sick bank before you retire and start calling in sick consecutively. If you look at the chart I posted that would mean you only get 2 points. Any occurrence over 5 straight being 2 points, anything under 5 being just 1 point. You need 11 points to be terminated.

Now if I’m an idiot and could figure that out I have to be really concerned with what you are and if you actually work on Airplanes.
You obviously don’t have a clue how it works. This association backed management now has a new tool to fire people they don’t like. Your union just enables them to do it.

I’m truly amazed that the ASSociation boot lickers always taking the company’s side on everything. Naw I’m really not. Enjoy the taste of leather. But hey at least your handlers let you post here again, because your views are so insightful.

You obviously don’t have a clue how it works. This association backed management now has a new tool to fire people they don’t like. Your union just enables them to do it.

Oh so you’re saying prior to the point system no one was fired for attendance? In your career however long or short you’ve seen and heard of no one at all fired for attendance?

Wow all those people I’ve seen them walk out the door must have been nothing more than a figment of my imagination. Golly Gee Whiz.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvaa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts