AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not new to this site. I have been reading it for years. I just decided to join so I could make a statement.
The NMB seems to be doing everything they can to avoid letting us vote. Why?
I'll tell you why, The NMB investigator was most likely being pressured from the Association side to kick the can down the road. The Association stands to lose over $1 million per month in dues. How much is that bribe worth? They are attempting to formulate an excuse to prevent the vote. It's obviously proving quite difficult - due to the overwhelming amount of authorization cards turned in.

I'll tell you why, The NMB investigator was most likely being pressured from the Association side to kick the can down the road. The Association stands to lose over $1 million per month in dues. How much is that bribe worth? They are attempting to formulate an excuse to prevent the vote. It's obviously proving quite difficult - due to the overwhelming amount of authorization cards turned in.
Never underestimate the power of the evil axis. These people have no soul and heart. They have a vision towards monetary and political goals.

A new month begins. We are now into the 10th month, wow!!!
I never thought we would see this thing go over 9 months.
Deadlines are all past, waiting to hear from the NMB investigator...

Reactions: Timid Weak Union
The longest that I know, is ...

Northwest Airlines

AMFA vs IAM- CASE NO. R-6621
July 22, 1998 to June 1, 1999----------about 10 months

Reactions: swamt
A new month begins. We are now into the 10th month, wow!!!
I never thought we would see this thing go over 9 months.
Deadlines are all past, waiting to hear from the NMB investigator...
SWAMT;

You should KNOW better since your own Companies Maintenance Controllers filed in June of 2020 so it's over a YEAR for 45 GUYS. The NMB has NOT ruled on them.

SWAMT;

You should KNOW better since your own Companies Maintenance Controllers filed in June of 2020 so it's over a YEAR for 45 GUYS. The NMB has NOT ruled on them.
45 guys, 14 months. We have 13,000 plus. At this rate most of us will be retired, dead and buried. Actually this may be a pattern. The NMB drags things out knowing an election will eventually be called and in the meantime the incumbent union has an opportunity to collect dues for an extended amount of time. Just a thought of mine. Millions of dollars are at stake here for the TWU, IAM and the AFL-CIO.

The longest that I know, is ...

Northwest Airlines

AMFA vs IAM- CASE NO. R-6621
July 22, 1998 to June 1, 1999----------about 10 months
Looks like that one will get beat. Not quite a full year.
SWAMT;

Not quite: Our MC's were brought in years back, here's the new language when they were brought into AMFA representation;

Highlights bolded by me to stand out;

5. Article 9, Seniority, paragraph 2 shall be modified to read: Mechanical Category – Shall include Employees in the classification of Inspector, Aircraft Mechanic, Ground Equipment Mechanic, Plant Maintenance Mechanic, Lead Mechanic and Lead Inspector where applicable, and Maintenance Controller and Lead Maintenance Controller. Notwithstanding the definition of seniority set forth above in this paragraph 2, those periods of time prior to March 2011 during which an Employee worked as a Maintenance Controller or Lead Maintenance Controller shall not be included in determining such employee’s category seniority, provided, however, that an Employee working as a Maintenance Controller or Lead Maintenance Controller at Southwest Airlines as of March 2011 shall have their length of service in those positions counted towards their total classification seniority during such periods of time as they are working as a Maintenance Controller and/or Lead Maintenance Controller. Should such Employee subsequently bid a position within the category other than Maintenance Controller or Lead Maintenance Controller, time worked in either of those positions prior to March 2011 shall not to be included in determining such Employee’ category seniority. 6. This LOA will remain in place for the duration of the current Southwest Airlines/AMFA Mechanics Collective Bargaining Agreement (the CBA) and shall become amendable on August 16, 2012, pursuant to the parties’ intent to incorporate all terms of employment relating to Maintenance Controllers in the Mechanics Agreement.

AMFA's ED of GA (Executive Director of Government Affairs) just put out a memo how AMFA keeps fully supporting the Mechanic and Related Craft. So the industrial unions can stop saying AMFA has no ties to the gov side of elected officials and such as this is tied directly to them. Matter fact AMFA now is the leader with elected officials when it comes to representing the Mechanic and Related Craft in our industry within the political and Gov. ranks...

AMFA's ED of GA (Executive Director of Government Affairs) just put out a memo how AMFA keeps fully supporting the Mechanic and Related Craft. So the industrial unions can stop saying AMFA has no ties to the gov side of elected officials and such as this is tied directly to them. Matter fact AMFA now is the leader with elected officials when it comes to representing the Mechanic and Related Craft in our industry within the political and Gov. ranks...

TWU has been advocating for years. Let me guess...AMFA is looking to stop offshoring of work? That would be a first for them.

Reactions: dfw gen
Q
If the TWU had been advocating for the right of its members to vote for the Association or not giving the IAM everything they wanted in the contract we wouldn’t be discussing AMFA.
Question #5 on the Association Q&A sheet they put out. The TWU big wigs went on the floor at Tulsa campaigning and reassuring its members there will be a vote. They lied, they knew there would be no vote. They keep lying and lying and sadly many still believe them. Well hopefully we will get that chance to vote.

TWU has been advocating for years. Let me guess...AMFA is looking to stop offshoring of work? That would be a first for them.
Not true at all JB.
AMFA has long been fighting for better overall regs and rules and restrictions on outsourcing over seas for a many years. No union will stop any airline from going over seas for maint., that's a gimme. At least AMFA is involved deeply with overlooking the outsourcing by working with FAA, DOJ, elected officials and all kinds of other gov entities to oversee outsourcing overseas. Don't even try to say AMFA's never been involved, it's all over their web sight under the gov affairs info link, right there in writing and black and white. The latest post on AMFA's National web page about the new PAC ONLY representing the Mechanic and Related "Class and Craft" is just another step in the right direction for a better representation of their members. Just like the Pilots and F/A's also have their own PAC's solely representing their Class and Craft as well. This is why AMFA is getting so popular for representing the Mechanic and Related, and not 12 different groups from several different classes and crafts from people preparing or cooking food, to baggage handlers, bus drivers, truck drivers, customer service, office workers etc...
Don't worry there JB, a vote IS coming, it's only a matter of who will all be included in the Class and Craft after all the appeals and challenges are ruled on by the NMB investigators.
At least this time the members will have a say so who will be representing them, not forced into a representation as they are currently. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.