AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m truly amazed that the ASSociation boot lickers always taking the company’s side on everything. Naw I’m really not. Enjoy the taste of leather. But hey at least your handlers let you post here again, because your views are so insightful.

Always love the intellectualism of you AMT’s. You must be the most edumacated little willie wrench monkeys I’ve ever seen.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvaa

AMFA HEADquarters after the TWU gets finished with them. Just enjoy the smell of the bug bombs.

42F5FF07-A5AA-4F34-B946-CFA6495228CD.png

You still have a “Policy” as you just said it yourself. And I have over 800 hours in the bank and can also go out on a long term recovery and not be asked anything as well. AMFA has done nothing if you still have a policy also and no contractual language. Stop trying to sell baloney. I’m sure your Southwest Airlines controlled policy is no different than the rest of the Airline industry.
Wrong again weezy.
AMFA has in fact protected the sick policy for the last 3 contracts from going rouge with the rest of the co's non-union groups as they were forced into the "NEW" sick policies of the co's.
Also wrong again, we do have sick policy in contract, try reading it.
Not selling anything here, just correcting the false amd misleading comments you continually make about AMFA when you really HAVE NO CLUE AT ALL.
My SWA sick policy is no where near the rest of the industry, period.

BTW; You only have 800 hours of sick time? That's approx half of what I have so don't brag about 800.
We also have a very large amount we are able to bank thru out the years.

You obviously don’t have a clue how it works. This association backed management now has a new tool to fire people they don’t like. Your union just enables them to do it.
So as I see it, even legit reasons are punished? Say I call in near a holiday or even during busy passenger travel times points will accrue on a daily basis?? One time call in for 3-5 days will get you at a minimum first step of warning if not second depending how the co wants to rule the time frame you took off.

For him to simply say only 2 points for a LEGIT reason (went to Dr. or in hospital) is completely ridiculous. And then these "points" can continue to grow thru out the years, wow.

You probably would like to double check but I think SWA also uses a (self managing) point system? As a matter of fact I believe the entire Airline Industry does as well.
This is all the co can do per the contract.
In a nut shell, if co. thinks someone is abusing the sick policy the co. can request employee to go to Dr. to be seen at co expense. That's it...
No points, no number of occurrences, or even number of days.
So no weez, AMFA's contractual sick policy is NOT like any of the other airlines. And believe me, it is not even close to what the asso allows to happen to their members.
So stop with the lies and misinformation about AMFA and SWA.

The Company and the Union recognize that accrued sick leave is available for absences due to legitimate personal injury or personal illness. Sick leave is not to be used for any reason other than personal injury or personal illness. If the Company records indicate an Employee is abusing his sick leave, the Company reserves the right to require a physician’s certificate or an examination by a Company designated physician to confirm any claim for sick leave pay. Any Company requested examination will be paid for by the Company.

Oh so you’re saying prior to the point system no one was fired for attendance? In your career however long or short you’ve seen and heard of no one at all fired for attendance?

Wow all those people I’ve seen them walk out the door must have been nothing more than a figment of my imagination. Golly Gee Whiz.
Fired for attendance? Sick time??
Although it has been tried, every person has been brought back by AMFA under AMFA contract language. The co did try there for a while to implement their "OWN" policy onto the Mechanic and Related, but, just another case won by AMFA with the contract language. All employees brought back with back pay, restored all benefits as they were and accruals of benefits as if they never left, and some even were awarder missed overtime pay as they were steadily working o/t each and every week or weekends.
That's what a real Mechanics and Related Union will do for their members there weezy...

BTW: we also can build up to 2K sick hours. How much can you guys build up??

Wrong again weezy.
AMFA has in fact protected the sick policy for the last 3 contracts from going rouge with the rest of the co's non-union groups as they were forced into the "NEW" sick policies of the co's.
Also wrong again, we do have sick policy in contract, try reading it.
Not selling anything here, just correcting the false amd misleading comments you continually make about AMFA when you really HAVE NO CLUE AT ALL.
My SWA sick policy is no where near the rest of the industry, period.

BTW; You only have 800 hours of sick time? That's approx half of what I have so don't brag about 800.
We also have a very large amount we are able to bank thru out the years.

You’re rambling incoherently again.

FA31B6CE-E0E4-4492-8AE4-B980B2FB7826.jpeg

So as I see it, even legit reasons are punished? Say I call in near a holiday or even during busy passenger travel times points will accrue on a daily basis?? One time call in for 3-5 days will get you at a minimum first step of warning if not second depending how the co wants to rule the time frame you took off.

For him to simply say only 2 points for a LEGIT reason (went to Dr. or in hospital) is completely ridiculous. And then these "points" can continue to grow thru out the years, wow.

Points roll off after 12 months. They don’t remain throughout our career chuckles.

In a nut shell, if co. thinks someone is abusing the sick policy the co. can request employee to go to Dr. to be seen at co expense. That's it...
So no weez, AMFA's contractual sick policy is NOT like any of the other airlines. And believe me, it is not even close to what the asso allows to happen to their members.

The Company and the Union recognize that accrued sick leave is available for absences due to legitimate personal injury or personal illness. Sick leave is not to be used for any reason other than personal injury or personal illness. If the Company records indicate an Employee is abusing his sick leave, the Company reserves the right to require a physician’s certificate or an examination by a Company designated physician to confirm any claim for sick leave pay. Any Company requested examination will be paid for by the Company.

AMFA can’t have a sick Policy since a Policy is owned by the Company. If SWA Management provides you a better Policy than the rest of the Industry then bravo to SWA Management.
AMFA doesn’t get credit since the Policy would be provided I’m sure to every workgroup on the property both represented and unrepresented.

So in other words if the Company suspects that the AMFA member is abusing his or her sick time they can be required to produce a Doctors note. I suspect if they don’t they could be subject to discipline up and to termination.

I love the part where you can be examined by a “Company designated” physician to confirm your illness or they don’t have to pay you.

Thanks for clearing that up.

AMFA HEADquarters after the TWU gets finished with them. Just enjoy the smell of the bug bombs.

1522AE49-6E4B-4881-916B-43261949CEEF.png

Over 85 openings in the AMT groups at AA this week....that's more mechanics than in 21 of the 28 stations AMFA has M&R members at Southwest.
In fact, the 10 LGA openings alone are 10 more jobs at that station than at Southwest! 16K annual departures = ZERO mechanics. Nice job "Give It Away" Bret!

You’re rambling incoherently again.

View attachment 16146
LMAO! get with the times skippy! You are quoting a 15 year old contract LOL! Which also proves BY YOU that AMFA did in fact "negotiate" better contract language for contractual sick leave policy. The contract IS the sick policy between and agreed upon by both parties.
Other highlighted newly nego increases are Max accrual cap increased to 2000 hours in the bank, can now sell back up to 2 weeks, can barrow 1 week or 2 weeks with additional approval, also (like other co's) can sell back sick leave to carry early retirees for up to 5 years of same medical and dental coverage to bridge them to 65 medicare.

You really need to learn how to do the correct research before spouting off and looking like the fool you are with all improper information.
Man you make this so easy...
Points roll off after 12 months. They don’t remain throughout our career chuckles.
Not all of them. It's a 12 month revolving roll off. You still add the points up even for legit reasons; IE hospital visits, out with flu, broken arm or leg etc... It doesn't matter with your policy all employees are punished, period.
AMFA can’t have a sick Policy since a Policy is owned by the Company. If SWA Management provides you a better Policy than the rest of the Industry then bravo to SWA Management.
AMFA doesn’t get credit since the Policy would be provided I’m sure to every workgroup on the property both represented and unrepresented.
WRONG again skippy. AMFA and SWA does have their very own sick leave policy that was indeed nego by AMFA with SWA and both agreed to it. Since AMFA and SWA does have a nego sick leave policy, it overrides the co's regular sick policy (which is the co owned sick policy).
Again WRONG skippy; Each work group has their own "NEGOTIATED" (by their union) sick policy OR, they will simply go by the co's sick policy. It really is that simple...
So in other words if the Company suspects that the AMFA member is abusing his or her sick time they can be required to produce a Doctors note. I suspect if they don’t they could be subject to discipline up and to termination.

I love the part where you can be examined by a “Company designated” physician to confirm your illness or they don’t have to pay you.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Nice try skippy, doesn't work that way, that's the way YOU want it to sound that it works that way.
First: Any request to go to the Dr. by the company is completely paid for by the company, including our salary for going to said Dr. And why do you simply "ASSUME" that the employee won't be paid for said sick time? You see this is where you spout off not knowing the entire "NEGO" picture of what importance the language says in a contract.
EX; Let's say an employee stays out with a migraine headache (using this example as a self medicate issue) depending on person, some can last up to 4 days when extreme enough, so they stay home for up to 4 days staying in bed, asking all folks in house to be crystal quiet, absolutely no sun light, and no house lights on the rooms they need to go into., They then get rid of that migraine and report back to work on 5th day. A co official notifies the union they need to have a meeting with said employee (fact finder if ya will) they set it for the following week as now it's Fri. At said meeting, co request a employee to go to co DR. for a note, can't get in for 1-3 more days, finally go see co Dr. and it's a week plus past time of sick call in. Now Listen very carefully as "THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT" What Dr. would put his or her career on the line to write a note saying you did not have a migraine and you were not sick over week ago when he/she never even saw you??? No Dr. will touch that with a 10' pole. It would take such a note from the co Dr in order for the co to try and follow thru with termination for abusing sick leave on that issue.
Now lets say you did go see your own Dr., he/she provided care and treatment, just inform the co you will bring in said documentation of Dr visit and for what and bam, your done, it's over and all cleared up with no punishment at all. In your sick call points system said employee would receive points from 2-4 for both examples above even though it was for legit reasons. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Now for a little more edumacation :) FYI our AMFA sick policy is in article 13 along with OTJI"s, NOT article 24 which is 15 years old language there skippy.

Keep going, YOU keep making AMFA's language look so much better than the asso. I bet your superiors just love you out here promoting them all the time, LMAO!!! :)

Over 85 openings in the AMT groups at AA this week....that's more mechanics than in 21 of the 28 stations AMFA has M&R members at Southwest.
In fact, the 10 LGA openings alone are 10 more jobs at that station than at Southwest! 16K annual departures = ZERO mechanics. Nice job "Give It Away" Bret!
Only 85 openings?
SWA has 120 for Dallas alone currently. And many more in other cities.
And they will increase when the end results from more folks retiring (or possibly getting axed) for not getting vaxed.
Apply now folks they are hiring fast right now. Last time we had the big hire spree when we bought AirTran and AMFA successfully nego the additional 4th Heavy Structures line in Dallas (who also got the 3rd Heavy Structures line) we took in, I don't the exact number, but out of a total of 130, I think 30% of them were from AA. All of them said they wished they did it a long, long time ago.
So JB, how many SWA Mechanics have EVER left SWA to go work at AA??? :)

Reactions: BeechDriver
Pointless to argue with a fool because in the past and still that fool only did/does nothing but spin spin spin, lie, and deflect. That agenda to try and start and win an argument always takes precedence.

This is the real facts here anyway.

AMFA HEADquarters after the TWU gets finished with them. Just enjoy the smell of the bug bombs. NEXT……

4AE1E832-0E2F-43C6-A1B0-0D037AD0BD61.png

Status
Not open for further replies.